Help please! Chanel vs Dior powder

pixiesaz

Apr 13, 2012
Hi there!

I'm pretty new to the whole make up thing so I need some clarification about pressed powders :smile:

I've been using Revlon Colorstay (translucent?) powder as a daily powder to just even out my skin a bit and reduce a bit of shine. So far it's ok, but I really would like to try Dior or Chanel :smile:

I don't wear foundation (liquid etc), and would just prefer something to control a little bit of shine and hide the tiny odd blemish once in a while. I'm in my late teens and have combination skin I think!

The sales lady at the counter recommended I try either the Diorskin Nude compact (with the mirror/silver case, comes with a sponge and a brush), or the Chanel double perfection compact or the Chanel poudre universelle compact.

According to my needs, which do you girls think would best suit me? There are so many different options out there it confuses me! lol

Thank you in advance xxx

Chanel poudre universelle.

Chanel has replaced double perfection with DOUBLE PERFECTION LUMIÈRE.

You get more product with Chanel vs Dior.

Last edited:
The shades are different but the formula is probably the same. You can have them try it on you and see what you think.

Thanks! I went to my local dept store yesterday and as much as I loved the chanel poudre compact, it didn't have my shade. But the diorskin did! Chanel I found to be either too pale/yellowish but Dior had a pinkish shade as well which matched! :smile: so for people who find pink toned stuff suits their skin go for Dior. (Unless chanel does have a pink toned powder that the sales person didn't show me?)

Hi! I can't speak for Chanel, but I know my Dior products. Have you tried the Diorskin loose powder? I believe the full name is

Dior diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup Loose Powder SPF 10

I love how it gives me buildable coverage. Also, it has tiny water capsules in it, so that when you brush it on your face, there is a cooling and moisturizing sensation as the capsules in the powder react with your skin. It is supposed to improve your complexion while you are using it, and I have found that my skin has improved.

I think for pink skin tones, go for Dior foundation with a "2" at the end of it. So for instance, if you are medium in the 030 range, you would pick a 032 shade.

Hope that helps :smile:

Hi! I can't speak for Chanel, but I know my Dior products. Have you tried the Diorskin loose powder? I believe the full name is

Dior diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup Loose Powder SPF 10

I love how it gives me buildable coverage. Also, it has tiny water capsules in it, so that when you brush it on your face, there is a cooling and moisturizing sensation as the capsules in the powder react with your skin. It is supposed to improve your complexion while you are using it, and I have found that my skin has improved.

I think for pink skin tones, go for Dior foundation with a "2" at the end of it. So for instance, if you are medium in the 030 range, you would pick a 032 shade.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you for your input! Yes I did get the shade 022 I believe (one of the lighter pinkish ones...) and I got the diorskin nude compact (the one that comes with a powder puff and a brush). Might try the loose powder once this runs out!

Thank you for your input! Yes I did get the shade 022 I believe (one of the lighter pinkish ones...) and I got the diorskin nude compact (the one that comes with a powder puff and a brush). Might try the loose powder once this runs out!

Oh yay! I love Dior foundation, used to use Olay liquid, then Elizabeth Arden, before discovering Dior loose powder. Now it's my staple. Happy that you found the pink undertone to match ;)