Royalty & their Jewelry

Maharani Sita Devi of Baroda
A platinum set, diamond and emerald necklace by Van Cleef and Arpels for HRH Maharani Sita Devi of Baroda
The sketch and the set
^beautiful! I think I prefer the sketch (with the more simple center piece)

The splendid necklace was commissioned from Cartier by
Maharaja Digvijaysinhji of Nawanagar. The rubies in this extraordinary necklace were supplied from the Royal treasury of Nawanagar
^absolutely breathtaking! woah...so many rubies in one place.

Another Splendid emerald necklace of Maharaja Ranjithsinhji of Nawanagar
^fantastic...very deco looking!

Turban aigrette of Maharajah of Digvijaysinhji of Nawanagar
The main diamond is a 61.50 carat whiskey colored diamond known as " The Eye of the Tiger "
It was made by Cartier
^wow...that's something to see!

Princess Niloufer Farhat Begum Sahiba of Hyderabad
Princess Niloufer of Hyderabad
^she looks like another hollywood starlet...so pretty!

The Patyala necklace
^I love the silk rope/tassel "closure"...very traditional.

Mughal Mirror Diamond Necklace

The specialty of the necklace is its mirror like, flat top diamonds five of them in total. The biggest one the necklace’s central stone weighs 28 carats, making it the largest known flat-top diamond in the world. The other four diamonds, which are also table cut, each weigh between 16 and 20 carats. It's an ancient Indian technique
^thanks so much for sharing this one. it's definitely one of the top 5 most incredible pieces of jewelry that I've ever seen. not only are the flat-top diamonds amazing, but also the cut on the briolette emeralds.

Emerald Necklace of Maharani Prem Kaur of Patyala formerly known as
Anita Delgado
^the work/design on that pendant is gorgeous!

More jewelry of Maharani Prem Kaur of Patyala
^the last necklace is so feminine & delicate.

Maharani Prem Kaur of Patyala's favourite Tikka [Head piece]
^that would be my favorite too! I love the art nouveau style, & of course the gigantic emerald (one of my most favorite gemstones).

that would be my favorite too! I love the art nouveau style, & of course the gigantic emerald (one of my most favorite gemstones).

The story behind the emerald is amazing ,the emerald actually belongs to the elephant of Maharaja and when Delgado saw this beautiful emerald on the elephant, she couldn't believe that even the elephant have such beautiful jewels,she asked the Maharaja if she could have it and of course Maharaja said yes

The story behind the emerald is amazing ,the emerald actually belongs to the elephant of Maharaja and when Delgado saw this beautiful emerald on the elephant, she couldn't believe that even the elephant have such beautiful jewels,she asked the Maharaja if she could have it and of course Maharaja said yes

that's such a great story!

This the Elephant jewellery belongs to the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation As the mount of a king a royal elephant was equally richly dressed. Elephant jewellery included a necklace (halra), tail ornament (dumachi), head ornament (fateh-pech) and bells (ghanta ).

Elephant goad (ankus) Gold enamelled and set with natural colourless sapphires and possibly colourless beryls and topazes belonging to the Maharaja .The ankus is a tool for the handling and training of elephants consisting of a metal hook attached to a short handle. The elephant is trained to respond to pressure applied to the sensitive skin behind the ears in much the same manner as horses by spurs.

Attachments

• ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 9ffdf9912166065193d79f6d638c09e4.jpg
    9ffdf9912166065193d79f6d638c09e4.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 1,609
This the Elephant jewellery belongs to the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation As the mount of a king a royal elephant was equally richly dressed. Elephant jewellery included a necklace (halra), tail ornament (dumachi), head ornament (fateh-pech) and bells (ghanta ).

Elephant goad (ankus) Gold enamelled and set with natural colourless sapphires and possibly colourless beryls and topazes belonging to the Maharaja .The ankus is a tool for the handling and training of elephants consisting of a metal hook attached to a short handle. The elephant is trained to respond to pressure applied to the sensitive skin behind the ears in much the same manner as horses by spurs.

wow...the work in that ankus is incredible. I'm learning so much through your posts.

A rare, exotic portrait of Maharani Lakshmi Bayi of Travancore. Maharani possessed an unparalleled collection of state jewels. In this portrait, she displays her splendor around her wrist with a channel-set emerald and cut-diamond bangle interspersed with Burma rubies. The state of Kerala is matriarchal Society and Maharani's could rule the state .It's sad there is not a proper portraits/pictures of Maharani's of Kerala

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,393
Maharaja Yadavinder Singh of Patyala
The entire jewels in this picture is created by cartier

The Patyala necklace is considered as the most most spectacular piece of platinum jewellery ever created. It took Cartier almost three years to make the original necklace, which looked so exquisite that they sought the Maharaja’s permission to display it before sending it to India.

Attachments

• jewel.jpg
    jewel.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,060
Last edited: