Quick Question

LVDragon07

Trevor
May 18, 2011
Hi,

I got a jumbo in patent light blue from 13c for a friend as a present the other day. I gave it to them as a bday gift but they didn't want it. They adored it but they couldn't accept it which is understandable.
But now my SA at NM in Beverly Hills went out on a limb to find it for me and now I feel bad because I'm going to return it. I don't want them to lose their commission :sad:

So now here's the question:
If I returned it to another NM like in Newport Beach would my SA:
- lose their commission
- and would they be able to tell if they did lose their commission, whom it was from that they lost the commission?

My SA is nice but has a tendency to be rude if someone returns something they sold to them. I've seen it when a customer returned something and my SA became really strange and odd.

I don't like awkward situations either.

Thank you for your thoughts. :biggrin:

Hi,

I got a jumbo in patent light blue from 13c for a friend as a present the other day. I gave it to them as a bday gift but they didn't want it. They adored it but they couldn't accept it which is understandable.
But now my SA at NM in Beverly Hills went out on a limb to find it for me and now I feel bad because I'm going to return it. I don't want them to lose their commission :sad:

So now here's the question:
If I returned it to another NM like in Newport Beach would my SA:
- lose their commission
- and would they be able to tell if they did lose their commission, whom it was from that they lost the commission?

My SA is nice but has a tendency to be rude if someone returns something they sold to them. I've seen it when a customer returned something and my SA became really strange and odd.

I don't like awkward situations either.

Thank you for your thoughts. :biggrin:

I've never returned a Chanel bag (or jewelry or clothes or shoes), so I'm really not one to ask, plus I dislike awkward situations, too (I hate to see posts unanswered). I guess I would just walk in with head held high and explain that while you bought it with wonderful intentions, the gift just didn't work out. It happens from what I see on here, people returning bags. I think it goes back against the SAs commission regardless of where you return it. I have no idea if they then check to see where they didn't make the money, or why they didn't make a certain amount.

Hi! So from what I know from my SA (Nordies and NM) is that they get something like a monthly statement of their commission and the deduction (if someone returns something). They won't know right off, but it is only if they research deeper into it what was returned, then they might know...

I totally understand how you feel- especially they try so hard to find the bags we want. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this... :smile:

I've never returned a Chanel bag (or jewelry or clothes or shoes), so I'm really not one to ask, plus I dislike awkward situations, too (I hate to see posts unanswered). I guess I would just walk in with head held high and explain that while you bought it with wonderful intentions, the gift just didn't work out. It happens from what I see on here, people returning bags. I think it goes back against the SAs commission regardless of where you return it. I have no idea if they then check to see where they didn't make the money, or why they didn't make a certain amount.

Thank you very much for your reply :hbeat:

I don't like to return items either. It's weird to me, unless its clothes but not Chanel :sad: I hope my SA can be understandable.
I'm going to do a lot of thinking.
If I return it, the SA will be weird I just know it and I don't want bad vibes.
If I return it to another NM maybe they won't know?

Hi! So from what I know from my SA (Nordies and NM) is that they get something like a monthly statement of their commission and the deduction (if someone returns something). They won't know right off, but it is only if they research deeper into it what was returned, then they might know...

I totally understand how you feel- especially they try so hard to find the bags we want. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this... :smile:

Thank you too for your reply :hbeat:
Wow I didn't know that, that's interesting!
Hmmm my SA is the type to not let things go and they seem persistent too.
Oh no.....

Indeed my SA searched high and low and searched like crazy.
Maybe they will be understandable :sweatdrop:

Oh no.....

I think they will understand. If you do take it to Fashion Island, there are some super SAs in the shoe department (David and Stephanie) who will be happy to help you in any department there; they are both super sweet and helpful; I've worked with both for years.

I think they will understand. If you do take it to Fashion Island, there are some super SAs in the shoe department (David and Stephanie) who will be happy to help you in any department there; they are both super sweet and helpful; I've worked with both for years.

The SAs there are very nice :smile: the male SAs not so much it seems.
Ha ha speaking of Fashion Island I was there today to pickup my first Judith Leiber Sundae Clutch. She's such a cutie :graucho: I couldn't resist ;)

Hi, I do not understand how the commission thing works at all since I am in England, but I am following your posts on the Spring 13 thread and see that you are intending on buying some beautiful new additions from that season, so.....
Can you not exchange the one that you bought for your friend for one of those?
Sorry if I have got hold of the wrong idea completely, but just a thought.
Hope it works out for you.
You obviously have the best intentions for all at heart, and it was a lovely and thoughtful gesture that you had for your friend.
:smile:

Hi, I do not understand how the commission thing works at all since I am in England, but I am following your posts on the Spring 13 thread and see that you are intending on buying some beautiful new additions from that season, so.....
Can you not exchange the one that you bought for your friend for one of those?
Sorry if I have got hold of the wrong idea completely, but just a thought.
Hope it works out for you.
You obviously have the best intentions for all at heart, and it was a lovely and thoughtful gesture that you had for your friend.

Wow how could I forget about the credit or exchange part.
Ha ha I feel so silly. Brilliant, I'm sure my SA won't mind if I get credit as I await the arrival of the new classics :graucho:

Thank you so much I can't believe I didn't think about that :hbeat::tup:

Wow how could I forget about the credit or exchange part.
Ha ha I feel so silly. Brilliant, I'm sure my SA won't mind if I get credit as I await the arrival of the new classics :graucho:

Thank you so much I can't believe I didn't think about that :hbeat::tup:

You are most welcome, glad that I was brave enough to suggest it for you, I am usually a lurker rather than a poster!!
Hope it all works out and looking forward to seeing your reveals of your lovely new additions.

Oh no.....

Try explaining the situation to your SA? The bag wasn't meant for you and it isn't quite the usual buyer's remorse on your part.