Dior take over Harrods in London for one month

gregsk

31, rue Cambon
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Maybe you heard about what happened in Printemps in Paris for Christmas. What is being prepared for Harrods is 10 times bigger.

Dior will litteraly take over Harrods ! It is going to be massive and extraordinary ! All Brompton road windows (140 meters) will be dressed in Dior and flags installed on the roof and the facade will flap in the London breeze !

Main entrances will be entirely cladded in Louis XVI style. For one month, you will have the opportunity to explore every Dior concession following an amazing carpet picturing Dior's lucky stars and specially leading to a stunning Pop Up store showcasing exclusive and limited edition pieces : Diorissimo with interior in Tartan, Lady Dior in embroidered tartan but also a Dior Harrods Teddy Bear, a Dior Harrods Snow Ball and even an umbrella covered by UK british trademark that Mr Dior loved : tartan.

On the 4th floor, a huge exhibition will be held about Dior's history, presenting Dior heritage pieces on 850m². Next to it a Dior Cafe where you can taste Dior Tea with special Dior cup cakes created for the occasion. Lots events will be held by perfume and cosmetics on the ground floor too. It is a real One Dior event and would worth the look if you pass by London between 16th March and the 14th April.

I put some pictures from Harrods magazing featuring exclusive and limited edition pieces. They are simply stunning.

Attachments

• DIOR_ACC_march_011.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_011.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 2,260
  • DIOR_ACC_march_021.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_021.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 2,130
  • DIOR_ACC_march_031.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_031.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 2,085
  • DIOR_ACC_march_041.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_041.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 1,963
  • DIOR_ACC_march_051.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_051.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 1,906
  • DIOR_FASHION_march_031.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_031.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,852
  • DIOR_FASHION_march_021.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_021.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • DIOR_FASHION_march_011.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_011.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,822
  • DIOR_ACC_march_071.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_071.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 1,893
  • DIOR_ACC_march_061.jpg
    DIOR_ACC_march_061.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 1,861
More pictures

Attachments

• DIOR_FASHION_march_031.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_031.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • DIOR_FASHION_march_041.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_041.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,812
  • DIOR_FASHION_march_051.jpg
    DIOR_FASHION_march_051.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,827
Wow thank you for sharing these pictures! The colour combinations on the bags are beautiful! My favourite is the green Diorissimo with the plaid lining.

Can't wait to see pictures of the displays in March!

If I wasn't going away in that first weekend in March when they launch the display at Harrod's, I would've jumped at the chance to see this! I can't afford to go unfortunately, so hopefully someone in London can post lots of photos for us?

I'm not sure why there's a misconception that tartan is 'British' though as it originated from Scotland. It's only really 'British' because Prince Charles has a kilt

Harrods did a special edition in its own magazine : http://www.harrodsmagazine.com/harrods-magazine-ipad-app/

Exhibition will be opened from the 16th of March to 14th of April everyday from 10 AM to 6 PM. They are going to display the HC Miss Dior dress from last Natalie's Miss DIor ad campaign among other treasures !

I found it already, but thanks. I booked my tickets, I'll be there 4th of April, yay!