Oh Goodness-HELP!

GenieBottle26

"Odi et Amo"
Sep 18, 2011
Hello ladies and gentlemen!! I'm having a huge dilemma. Some of you saw my post in late January about my FIRST visit to H! Well.....the lovely SA I worked with just called and offered me a RC B40 in Togo with PHW! Yet, I'm absolutely torn! I currently have a B40 in Tosca and a B35 in Geranium and am wondering if the RC might be too similar to the Geranium? I searched the forum and someone described the RC as a "candy apple" & the color looked lovely...just wondering if I'm too much in the pink/red family with my B's? Also my Tosca B40 is such a neutral color (not a pop)...a little scared about the RC in size 40. Honestly, I'm just so confused! I'm 5 hours away so I can't just go pop in and take a look......but this IS the first B I've been offered from the H boutique and am worried about turning it down.....any advice would be so appreciated!!

I have RC and had geranium.

I really think RC especially in togo/clemence is going to be way too loud in a 40! RC in epsom is a bit more tolerable in a larger size.

On top of that, you already have geranium and tosca. If it were me, I would pass.

Don't worry, they will offer you another soon!

I would pass as it is too similar to Geranium, and 3 bags in reddish/pink is a lot! Unless you are obsessed with that color family.
I do find myself being draw to all the pinks/reds of the H family. I've found myself avoiding any darker colors. I'm thinking about heading up to ATL and taking a look at it tomorrow. My friend is on board for my road trip so I'm thinking we might head up and take a look at the bag...if I don't fall in love with it then no biggie :smile:

I would pass on RC too, it's too similar with Geranium. Unless you really like red shades.
And don't worry about refusing an offer from the store, more than likely it will play to your advantage in the future. :smile:

I would pass on RC too, it's too similar with Geranium. Unless you really like red shades.
And don't worry about refusing an offer from the store, more than likely it will play to your advantage in the future. :smile:
Is it really that similar to Geranium? I wish I could see a side by side....I think it's interesting that you say refusing an offer might play to my advantage in the future! Since I'm an amateur at H dealings could you explain that to me? :smile:

I have RC and had geranium.

I really think RC especially in togo/clemence is going to be way too loud in a 40! RC in epsom is a bit more tolerable in a larger size.

On top of that, you already have geranium and tosca. If it were me, I would pass.

Don't worry, they will offer you another soon!
It being too loud in a 40 is definitely something I'm concerned about. I'm 5'8 so I think I carry off the 40's pretty well (and love them) but I definitely don't want the red to overpower me in any way. A bag should compliment an outfit, imo, not be the main focus....that being said I love bright colored bags! Lol.

I would pass too with no worries. I passed on my first birkin offer and a number since then. I still get offers. Looks as if they like you.
This makes me feel a little better...I didn't want to pass on the FIRST bag being offered since I really want to establish a relationship with H and, eventually, place a SO!

I do find myself being draw to all the pinks/reds of the H family. I've found myself avoiding any darker colors. I'm thinking about heading up to ATL and taking a look at it tomorrow. My friend is on board for my road trip so I'm thinking we might head up and take a look at the bag...if I don't fall in love with it then no biggie :smile:

Why don't you bring your Geranium with you? Then you can decide if they are too similar. I can relate a little, I love crisp blues and greens so I have lagoon and menthe, which some say are too similar! If you love it when you see it, that's all that matters.

Why don't you bring your Geranium with you? Then you can decide if they are too similar. I can relate a little, I love crisp blues and greens so I have lagoon and menthe, which some say are too similar! If you love it when you see it, that's all that matters.
Thanks LG :hugs: I agree...I think I'll take the Geranium and compare the two. Plus it's an opportunity to visit H and pick up a few goodies :graucho: My friend has never been to an H so it'll be an experience for her too.

I think comparing the two colors in person is a great idea! That way, you will know for sure if RC absolutely sings to you :smile: Besides, who knows what else you may find hiding at H if you go visit! :biggrin:

Good luck and have fun on your road trip!