Hac 32?

bagLoVera

O.G.
Mar 16, 2008
Hello,
I don't own a Hermes bag yet, but have found a good deal on a pre-loved HAC 32 in Clemence. I am not use to carrying heavy bags, the heaviest I carry is my LV Trevi PM which weighs 2lbs. Could anyone give me advice if you think I'll suffer terribly with the weight of a HAC 32 in Clemence? Also, what about the strap drop? I would like to carry the bag in the crook of my arm. I am 5ft, size 4, so not sure if that would be an option.

Hello,
I don't own a Hermes bag yet, but have found a good deal on a pre-loved HAC 32 in Clemence. I am not use to carrying heavy bags, the heaviest I carry is my LV Trevi PM which weighs 2lbs. Could anyone give me advice if you think I'll suffer terribly with the weight of a HAC 32 in Clemence? Also, what about the strap drop? I would like to carry the bag in the crook of my arm. I am 5ft, size 4, so not sure if that would be an option.

32 HACs are my FAVORITE bag type. I have two. They are perfect for the crook of your arm. They fit an iPad and all the stuff I need comfortably. I like the shorter straps. Somehow it feels more secure. It's also nice that the pricing is not as crazy as a Birkin.

Regarding the weight, it's not light, but not as bad as a 35 Birkin. You get used to it. I do try to cull the stuff my purse once a week or so.

If weight is an issue, might I suggest a Plume. It's a very underrated two-handle bag that's very light and meant to be carried on the crook of one's arm. Sometimes you can find these vintage for very good prices.

Good Luck!

32 HACs are my FAVORITE bag type. I have two. They are perfect for the crook of your arm. They fit an iPad and all the stuff I need comfortably. I like the shorter straps. Somehow it feels more secure. It's also nice that the pricing is not as crazy as a Birkin.

Regarding the weight, it's not light, but not as bad as a 35 Birkin. You get used to it. I do try to cull the stuff my purse once a week or so.

If weight is an issue, might I suggest a Plume. It's a very underrated two-handle bag that's very light and meant to be carried on the crook of one's arm. Sometimes you can find these vintage for very good prices.

Good Luck!

Thanks! Do you have a 32 HAC in Clemence? I can handle 2lbs so do you think I'll be okay?

Thanks! Do you have a 32 HAC in Clemence? I can handle 2lbs so do you think I'll be okay?

My two HACs are in Box, which is lighter than Clemence.

I have a suggestion. Take one of your existing bags (hopefully it's two handled and of a similar shape), put some items in it that bring it up to the weight of the HAC, then add your normal purse items--and see if it works.

But if weight's an issue--Plumes are very nice. They are also so under the radar, and that's nice, too. I just got a "new to me" 32 Plume for $1,499--at that price I could not resist, and it's in next to new shape.

I have had two 32 HACs - one in Vache Natural and one in black Chèvre - and while I loved them for awhile, I found that they didn't work as well for me long-term as a Birkin. I did like the proportions for me (I am 5'3" and petite) and I could easily fit them in the crook of my arm unless I was wearing a thick coat. Even so, over time i have to say that the handles on my Birkins were just way more comfortable and I ended up thinking the 32 HAC looked more like business-y and less casual on me due to the shape. I may gravitate again towards a 32 HAC someday. But for me, the Birkin won out over the HAC.

Its been a HAC that ive been searching for last year and when the ChevreDC one that i was eyeing in size 32 got sold... i just stopped searching...
I like this north / south dimensions and the short handle actually is what makes it more lady looking... albeit harder to carry.
So yes, HAC is bag that i hope to own someday..

I just pulled my Barenia/Toile HAC out of the box to wear the rest of the summer. I love the size and have 2 HAC's, prefer it over my 35 Birkin.

Its been a HAC that ive been searching for last year and when the ChevreDC one that i was eyeing in size 32 got sold... i just stopped searching...
I like this north / south dimensions and the short handle actually is what makes it more lady looking... albeit harder to carry.
So yes, HAC is bag that i hope to own someday..

They actually can be found on eBay time to time I've noticed sandiaexchange is quite consistent at listing these. Try watching out.