Saffiano tote vs. MK tote similarity article

I have 2 Michael Kors saffiano totes and have been wanting to actually go to the coach store and compare the textures of the two...anybody have both?? I think not only Coach but several other manufacturers have similar style totes...

How many different ways can that tote be made? They are all going to be similar.

The Coach tote has more seams and they are in different locations than the MK tote, don't know how they could have made it any more different. Much nicer than the MK tote, IMHO, since the MK tote is so simple.

While they may look alike, I still like the look of the Coach better. The way the handles are attached and other details. What handbag brand is completely original anyway? I think some consumers (like me) are loyal to their brand and are happy that Coach has made a version...and made it better IMO. I love the Haley which some (including me) have compared to the Speedy, I love this tote which is compared to MK. I honestly don't think the choices with MK are comparable to Coach. Coach has way more options and it's why I choose them. The Legacy, Madison, Poppy, Willis is nothing like MK.

How many different ways can that tote be made? They are all going to be similar.

The Coach tote has more seams and they are in different locations than the MK tote, don't know how they could have made it any more different. Much nicer than the MK tote, IMHO, since the MK tote is so simple.

I agree. While I probably won't get either, I like the Coach one better. I like the piece along the bottom, which makes it appear sturdier and the vertical seams, which seem to square off the sides more. I'm not interested in it because I don't like the really skinny handles and it is too plain for my taste.

I think this article may actually help Coach sales.

I will say that when I was at Dillard's last week and saw the MK tote (I think it was teal?), something about it turned me off. I think it was the big ol MK logo hanging from the tassel, although I know it could just be snipped off. Or maybe it was the nameplate. Something made me turn the other way, even though I really like the colors the MK totes come in. I saw a python one recently that I kinda liked.

Isn't another big difference that the mk tote has either no closure or a button snap while the coach tote zips closed? (I could be wrong though). If that's the case, then it's a significant difference IMO.

The Coach bag looks nicer to me, more polished. The MK tote looks, quite frankly, like a beach tote to me. I would not take the MK bag to work, way too casual.

I like the coach tote better. But I did switch teams for the Candance vs Selma war. I liked the MK bag better. I cross shop these two brands often.

I should add that I love my MK bags. There are some things MK does better, like inside pockets. I love more of the Coach styles.

I think the saffiano is different between the two. I think Coach's is more pliable. And yes, the Coach has a zipper on the top and the MK doesn't. I have one of MK's saffiano bags that is cross between a tote and a Candace that has a zip pocket in the center and gold and tortoise chain on the strap. It's beautiful but the leather is not soft to touch and there is a place on my where it is already showing signs of stress even though I haven't carried it much. The large e/w tote is totally uncomparable to MK. It is fully lined and has two really large pockets that have snap straps to hold your ipad or small laptop. At my Macy's Michael Kors is starting to have a much bigger presence. I'm sure it's all part of their plan to knock Coach off their legendary throne.

Isn't another big difference that the mk tote has either no closure or a button snap while the coach tote zips closed? (I could be wrong though). If that's the case, then it's a significant difference IMO.

This is why I purchased the Coach one. The lack of the zipper in the MK one. I know its the same bag but all companies are doing this now so I dont know why this merits an article. I think the MK one is just like the LV neverful just minus the side cinches.

This is why I purchased the Coach one. The lack of the zipper in the MK one. I know its the same bag but all companies are doing this now so I dont know why this merits an article. I think the MK one is just like the LV neverful just minus the side cinches.

Why does it merits an article? All large companies have a publicity department whose job is to make sure the company gets mentioned in the news. A news article that brings attention to the company is much more valuable than advertising because people believe it is credible and unbiased. Coach's publicity department probably sent out a press release announcing their Saffiano totes and some reporter, who didn't have anything better to write, wrote this article, which helps both Coach and MK, and probably even Prada. Like they say in the business, there is no thing as bad publicity.