On my hunt for a black bag, ladies I need advice!!!

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
So I'm on a hunt for a black bag! My DBF told me that this weekend we were going on a shopping trip and he wanted to treat me to a purse probably in the low thousand range (1100-1500).

He likes a lot of bags in my choices so he's no help! I need your advice on a STYLE now ladies!!!

Epi Alma BB in Noir
Balenciaga Velo or Town in black (have to try each on)
Balenciaga Papier A4 Black
Alexander Wang Pebbled leather (have to see hardware in person) & Eva clutch (maybe both if not, only rocco)

I like all of these bags!

The wang is quite casual but I figure since its only 900 I could also run to LV and get an Eva clutch for night... I feel the Bal and LV will work for day and night.

I adore the Rocco!!! It's so edgy yet classic at the same time. The leather to me also feels more luxurious than Balenciaga leather.

Let us know what you choose!

Depends what you are hoping to use it for! I think the Rocco is the best bang for your buck. It's a great bag. The Epi Alma is really gorgeous but I feel like the BB's are tiny for the price. What about Black Epi Speedy 25?

Depends what you are hoping to use it for! I think the Rocco is the best bang for your buck. It's a great bag. The Epi Alma is really gorgeous but I feel like the BB's are tiny for the price. What about Black Epi Speedy 25?

I don't want to buy pre-loved :sad:

We are taking a trip to Atlanta and I really want to walk out with a big bag! LOL

I don't want to buy pre-loved :sad:

We are taking a trip to Atlanta and I really want to walk out with a big bag! LOL

LOL it would help if i read your first post entirely! i couldn't see it on my phone. now i can on my computer! :smile:

so, epi alma bb is adorable and I love my alma pm. i wouldn't trade it for the world. but like most are saying the rocco is more bang for your buck, which is true. i personally found the rocco extremely heavy even though the look is great! the other thing is, if you're used to LV quality, the rocco may not cut it. i wasn't completely thrilled with the quality and eventually sold mine.

did you look at the black epi jasmin? she's super pretty and lady like. again, it depends what your style is what what you plan on using the bag for! xx

Last edited:
I think the Rocco is your best bet for an everyday bag and then you can get the Eva for evenings out.

Alma bb is so small and with the price increase, just not worth it imo. Balenciaga leather has not been great this past season, very thin and not as luxe as before.

I think the Rocco would be your best bet and you would have some money left over to fund another bag. I also agree with MDNA, the Balenciaga leather does wear out very easily especially at the edges.

I'm voting either for the Alma BB or the Bal. Personally I think Alma BB is super dreamy :love:

I guess I'm the one Rocco hater on this thread but WOW are those things heavy! I had a crush on them until I picked one up... feels like a bowling ball is in it even when it's empty. They are very pretty but not worth the pain IMO.

I'm voting either for the Alma BB or the Bal. Personally I think Alma BB is super dreamy :love:

I guess I'm the one Rocco hater on this thread but WOW are those things heavy! I had a crush on them until I picked one up... feels like a bowling ball is in it even when it's empty. They are very pretty but not worth the pain IMO.

Second Rocco hater; see my post above :smile: Super heavy and wasn't thrilled with its quality either.