Tiffany Lucida 2mm Plain Band

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Does anyone have this band? Pref in Plat?

Can you post pics? Id like to see hand shots as well as shots of it like on a surface from the side if possible, I want to see thickness and profile better than the site is showing.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...8152-r+101323340+101424822-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I tried to go try it on again today with my whole set thinking it might go with my ering setting and they had a size 4 only in stock and that is like, not my size, and the manager had SERIOUS attitude telling me and the SA that the only way that they would bring one in for me to try on in my size was if I was to purchase it in advance and get a refund if it didn't work for me later, because they didn't want to waste time and money bringing it in if Im not going to buy it right now. Ok then. So you don't want a sale from me at all then.

My intention is to have it replace the plain band I wear right now, bec it doesn't really match the shank of my ering as well as I'd like. Total FWP! I know I won't make it before the price increase, which is insane for a plain band. INSANE.

That is odd. My Tiffany & Co. (Houston) has ordered different sizes/carat weights of items for me several times, and I have never been asked to purchase the item beforehand. The salespeople and managers have been lovely to work with. Maybe try them again on a different day/different manager?

You are in a larger market though, so that might make a serious difference. With exception of my bean, any larger purchase I've made that wasn't already in store in my size was required to be pre-paid. Another customer wanted a couple of metro bands, and they didn't have them all in her size at the same time and was told the same thing, that without prepaying they wouldn't be able to get them into this location. I believe she said "then Ill just buy them all online and cut you out of the process." And the manager had a fit about how much it sucks to have to compete with the online store now. Well, make it worth the competition.

This is the manager of the store, and this person is a total pill. I had to fight like hell when I was buying my channel band to get others to view bec I wasn't happy with the ONE they had in the store, period, it wasn't in what I would call saleable condition.

I am not going to buy it immediately anyway, but I might not buy it at all if they're not going to try to get the sale. This person I think screws the sales staff in the ear pretty good, because they try to be accommodating and do their job very well, and then the manager does all possible to interfere and tick off the customer.

This mall, this store, the people act like you are just interrupting their chatfest. You are an imposition. You are nothing and they, the retail salesperson, are important to the world. So if you're not a celebrity or known society person, you are pretty much sh!t on their shoe, despite the fact that they would be unemployed without you.

Sorry I don't have that ring and can't offer any photos...just wanted to say I'm so sorry that happened to you. You should seriously considering complaining to head office about the manager. That's totally unacceptable. If you wanted to pay first, try later, then you'd shop online where everything is in stock. You went into the store to have a nice experience, and you were denied that. Shame on her! :nono:

Sorry I don't have that ring and can't offer any photos...just wanted to say I'm so sorry that happened to you. You should seriously considering complaining to head office about the manager. That's totally unacceptable. If you wanted to pay first, try later, then you'd shop online where everything is in stock. You went into the store to have a nice experience, and you were denied that. Shame on her! :nono:

I've complained about this person before to them. I don't know HOW this person still has a job. I cannot understand it.

Go for it! I tried the 3mm on, though that was too big of a size (as in the size was a 7) but the profile was nice. I couldn't figure out the thickness bec it wasn't the right width.

I did just find out that there's a location on the big island though, so I might just wait and buy it there on our vacation...

Ok, I think maybe this is the 3mm instead. It looks big. And please excuse the swollen hands. Retaining water and sprained a few fingers on this hand so not even wearing my rings lately...but squeezed on the lucida for modeling shots, hehe.

image-1962587962.jpg

image-1166740280.jpg

You are in a larger market though, so that might make a serious difference. With exception of my bean, any larger purchase I've made that wasn't already in store in my size was required to be pre-paid. Another customer wanted a couple of metro bands, and they didn't have them all in her size at the same time and was told the same thing, that without prepaying they wouldn't be able to get them into this location. I believe she said "then Ill just buy them all online and cut you out of the process." And the manager had a fit about how much it sucks to have to compete with the online store now. Well, make it worth the competition.

This is the manager of the store, and this person is a total pill. I had to fight like hell when I was buying my channel band to get others to view bec I wasn't happy with the ONE they had in the store, period, it wasn't in what I would call saleable condition.

I am not going to buy it immediately anyway, but I might not buy it at all if they're not going to try to get the sale. This person I think screws the sales staff in the ear pretty good, because they try to be accommodating and do their job very well, and then the manager does all possible to interfere and tick off the customer.

This mall, this store, the people act like you are just interrupting their chatfest. You are an imposition. You are nothing and they, the retail salesperson, are important to the world. So if you're not a celebrity or known society person, you are pretty much sh!t on their shoe, despite the fact that they would be unemployed without you.

Ame! This is awful! This past Christmas they brought in at least 5 half and full circle eternity bands in the $13k range. They also brought in the jazz full circle in both alternating and regular bezel for me. What the heck?!? I've had similar experiences in the Louis Vuitton store at that mall so I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm so sorry! This is why we St. Louis gals have to go out of town to even browse! Sheesh!

I think Tiffany has changed it's policy recently. Before, they can even bring in items that are less than $1K for you to view. The only items that they can bring in for you to view before paying now are their e rings.

Ame, make sure you get to try it in the right size before you make your decision. The 2mm is a beautiful band.

Yea they were pretty obnoxious when I bought that channel set band if you recall, kat. that whole damn mall bugs me! I know I was asking a lot to review a few more than the one they had but do you wanna sell a ring or what? I think this store just does their own thing.

This ring is 1075 after the increase which is INSANE for a plain band!! If it works with my set I will likely get it tho I may have to wait a few months. I am debating making it my Hawaii souvenir lol. I emailed the store on the big island asking about stock, so well see. i am likely gonna sell my little Kwiat studs to my friend bec I never wear them and she wants some small ones and then i can use the money towards this band.

Thank you LYM and Mauk!