Why should we continue buying Prada?

DoubleW

Dec 17, 2012
Prada is my all time favourite brand. I love the classic design and the seasonal colors. The memory of wearing my first galleria tote is amazing!

... But with all the scandals that's been around? Prada's quality keep on getting worse and now many of the bags are made in China. My small galleria tote in nero is getting worn out, and it's only one year old.
The boxyness of the tote is getting saggy and the leather starts peeling.

Why should we keep on paying over 1000 euro for this kind of bag?

Prada is my all time favourite brand. I love the classic design and the seasonal colors. The memory of wearing my first galleria tote is amazing!

... But with all the scandals that's been around? Prada's quality keep on getting worse and now many of the bags are made in China. My small galleria tote in nero is getting worn out, and it's only one year old.
The boxyness of the tote is getting saggy and the leather starts peeling.

Why should we keep on paying over 1000 euro for this kind of bag?
I would love to know the answer to that!! I am considering buying my first one soon!!

It's not as pricey as Chanel and Hermes :smile:
Prada doesn't breed my wallet yet and love their saffiano totes.
I will be careful not to buy made in china bags.
So far mine are all made in Italy except one that is made in turkey.

Last edited:
You shouldn't.
Buy pre-loved bags. No one is forcing you to continue to buy Prada's current substandard issue. I have a nice collection of Prada bags, shoes, and accessories yet I walked completely away from Prada when they started cranking out the saffiano totes. I much prefer the styles of several years ago. The quality is still there and the price is right. I have also been perfectly content carrying bags from other brands. ;)

You shouldn't.
Buy pre-loved bags. No one is forcing you to continue to buy Prada's current substandard issue. I have a nice collection of Prada bags, shoes, and accessories yet I walked completely away from Prada when they started cranking out the saffiano totes. I much prefer the styles of several years ago. The quality is still there and the price is right. I have also been perfectly content carrying bags from other brands.

Can I ask why you walked away when they started making the saffiano totes? I walked in when they did because I love the totes

Can I ask why you walked away when they started making the saffiano totes? I walked in when they did because I love the totes

because while they are pretty they are boring and unimaginative---IMO. And all of a sudden everybody wants one (reason enough for me to head in another direction) and they think that that is all that Prada is about. I have had well over a dozen Prada bags and not one looked anything like the other. Different shapes, treatments, materials. Like another poster who had also been away from the forum said on another thread it is now boring reveal after reveal of the same bag. I prefer my cervo antik, tessuto pietre, Mordore, glace calf, gaufre, vitello daino, and assorted tessutos.
I would love to give Miuccia a good kick in the a$$ for what she is doing to the brand. Yes, she is getting tons of new buyers but she is a one note at this point and that is not sustainable in the long run. Add to it the fact the the quality of the product is suspect and I fear that she is doing herself no favors. All my old bags wear like iron and still look fabulous. I don't think these totes are going to be able to compare.
There is nothing wrong with liking the saffianos-------they are a pretty bag. Just not for me.

because while they are pretty they are boring and unimaginative---IMO. And all of a sudden everybody wants one (reason enough for me to head in another direction) and they think that that is all that Prada is about. I have had well over a dozen Prada bags and not one looked anything like the other. Different shapes, treatments, materials. Like another poster who had also been away from the forum said on another thread it is now boring reveal after reveal of the same bag. I prefer my cervo antik, tessuto pietre, Mordore, glace calf, gaufre, vitello daino, and assorted tessutos.
I would love to give Miuccia a good kick in the a$$ for what she is doing to the brand. Yes, she is getting tons of new buyers but she is a one note at this point and that is not sustainable in the long run. Add to it the fact the the quality of the product is suspect and I fear that she is doing herself no favors. All my old bags wear like iron and still look fabulous. I don't think these totes are going to be able to compare.
There is nothing wrong with liking the saffianos-------they are a pretty bag. Just not for me.

Thanks for the response!

I came to Prada because it was a choice between a Chanel Cerf Tote and Prada Tote, and I preferred a smaller tote. I love my 1801, but when half the shop is now filled with the same bag at different sizes it is boring and over saturating the market. The totes are lovely and I know why people are drawn to them though. I wonder how Prada will go in the next 2 years now.

You shouldn't.
Buy pre-loved bags. No one is forcing you to continue to buy Prada's current substandard issue. I have a nice collection of Prada bags, shoes, and accessories yet I walked completely away from Prada when they started cranking out the saffiano totes. I much prefer the styles of several years ago. The quality is still there and the price is right. I have also been perfectly content carrying bags from other brands. ;)

On contrary, I love their saffiano totes because of their simple design!
But I agree with u on buying pre-loved bags. Some of my pradas are pre owned yet still in good condition and at great price. :P

You shouldn't.

+1
This is me to a T!

This, too! Saffiano= generic (Sorry, ladies!)

Girl, I couldn't agree with you more on all the points you make. I am enjoying all my old Pradas that are unusual (and well made) and saving a bundle not buying the new sub-par stuff. From time to time I indulge and buy a 'new to me' vintage bag.

I still love my Prada Saffiano Tote bag! I have several Prada bags and tons of premier designer bags but the Saffiano tote bag is one of my faves coz it looks classy , can be used as a casual bag or a dinner date bag and lastly,it's big enough for me to put all the things I need such as my iPad, make up bag, umbrella, medical documentation and so on and so forth:smile: I don't care if a lot of people carry my bag, what matters most is how u carry the bag (i see people carrying expensive bag wearing lousy/tacky outfit lol) and most importantly, i got the real one :smile: