Help! Just got my new DE speedy. But why it is different with my other LV DE bags?

nnx

O.G.
Dec 1, 2011
Hi~This is my first thread:smile:

I just got my classic speedy 30 in DE, which is made in France. However, I found its color, texure and the stamp on the leather tag are different from those of my other DE bags and my friend's same DE speedy 30 (hers is made in USA).

I know it was almost impossible that the official website would sold a fake purse, but I still can't help to thinking that my speedy was returned by somebody. Actually I was a little bit surprised when I found it was made in France, because I thought all the speedy sold in US market should be made in USA. My friend ordered her just two day laters than I did, both from LV official website, but mine is MIF and hers is MIUSA.

At Present I have DE Neverfull (MIUSA 2012) and DE coins wallet (MIF 2010) at my hand, so I took pictures to show the difference between them and my new speedy 30.

1) The color of speedy 30 is obviously more yellowish than my others DE bags and my friend's DE speedy. (My friend's speedy 30 are in the similar color with my other DE bags, but I did not take picture for it.) The texture of my speedy is obviously softer than others.
1.jpg

2) The stamp on the leather tag. The letter typeface is much "thiner" than that on my friend's speedy and all other speedys I saw on TPF (Can you understand me?:confused1:). Please see the pictures of different leather tags as follow, one is my speedy and the other is that I found from TPF.
P1010935.jpgDSC00161a.jpg

3) The canvas of my speedy is sofer than my friend's speedy and my other DE bags
3.jpg4.jpg

Is it normal? I am confused...please help me...Thank you!

Last edited:
Someone gifted me a while back a speedy 30 as well and it was MIUSA but it had the problems you mentioned which was light stamping, color was kinda off and feel of the canvas was different when compared to my de wallet and moms de speedy. Well anyways I returned it to the store since I had a receipt and told them the problems and she showed me other speedys which were better but I got a de neverfull instead. If your not completely satisfied you can/should exchange or return the bag to a store or online. But the SA did tell me not all de canvas have same color and its perfectly normal they're a little bit different but I am OCD with it having to match my wallet so I had to go exchange.

Someone gifted me a while back a speedy 30 as well and it was MIUSA but it had the problems you mentioned which was light stamping, color was kinda off and feel of the canvas was different when compared to my de wallet and moms de speedy. Well anyways I returned it to the store since I had a receipt and told them the problems and she showed me other speedys which were better but I got a de neverfull instead. If your not completely satisfied you can/should exchange or return the bag to a store or online. But the SA did tell me not all de canvas have same color and its perfectly normal they're a little bit different but I am OCD with it having to match my wallet so I had to go exchange.

haha, you can understand my puzzle~ I am thinking if I should change it for a mono one. btw, I guess yours gift speedy should be authentic or else the SA would not allow you to return it:smile:

My DE speedy also has different color and softer material than my Neverfull and my zippy wallet (all DE.) Mine is made in USA. I did a search to see if its common for DE material to have variance in color/ texture. It seems it does. Try to google it..

My DE speedy also has different color and softer material than my Neverfull and my zippy wallet (all DE.) Mine is made in USA. I did a search to see if its common for DE material to have variance in color/ texture. It seems it does. Try to google it..

thanks. all of my other DE and my friend's DE speedy are in same color, so I can not help to being confused...maybe I am too senstive:smile:

I have a DE Neverfull and Bloomsbury,and Neverfull(which is about 2 yrs older)has a lighter color...at first I thought something was wrong but called my SA and she said it is common,sun exposure will lighten and of course the canvas of the 2 being far apart wouldn't come off the same roll of canvas....not sure if this the case with your but I did read awhile ago someone posting similar info

more pictures for authenciating

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,800
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,804
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,796
  • 22.jpg