A month later....

missnicoleeee

Oct 14, 2011
Hi all. So I just received a message from a buyer who bought some jeans I was selling on eBay. The auction ended 01-11 and today, 2-23, she tells me she wants a refund because there are holes near the pocket area and that if I don't refund her by 5pm my time, she will open a claim...

I checked my listing, stupid me didn't put any pics of the "pocket area" (i remember these jeans having no holes though. They were in excellent condition) but in my listing I said they were preowned and had minor distressing on the jeans..

I've never encountered a buy who's contacted me a month later.. What if the jeans are more worn than the day I sold them? What should I do? Can she open a claim on me if I don't refund her? I haven't replied back to her yet so please help!

42 days? Nothing like cutting it close!

Whether or not you showed pictures of the pocket might not matter in this case.

This link guides you on providing the necessary documentation that the item was described accurately.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html#provide

Provide documentation that the item was properly described

If you can show that an item was properly described, the case can be closed. Here are examples of descriptions that match the item:

* The buyer states that the item is used, not new, and the listing clearly describes the item as used.

* A defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.

* The item was properly described, but the buyer didn't want it after receiving it.

* The item was properly described but didn't meet the buyer's expectations.

* The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

42 days? Nothing like cutting it close!

Whether or not you showed pictures of the pocket might not matter in this case.

This link guides you on providing the necessary documentation that the item was described accurately.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html#provide

Provide documentation that the item was properly described

If you can show that an item was properly described, the case can be closed. Here are examples of descriptions that match the item:

* The buyer states that the item is used, not new, and the listing clearly describes the item as used.

* A defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.

* The item was properly described, but the buyer didn't want it after receiving it.

* The item was properly described but didn't meet the buyer's expectations.

* The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

WOW I didn't even know it was 42 days already! (Was too early for my to count haha) thank you for sending me the links! I will definitely do those if they decide to open a claim.

As far as refund goes, should I refund her first or do I wait for her to ship the item to me first?

So your buyer has not file a claim yet?
If not, if I were you I will let her to file a claim.
And even if she file claim, you may win too.
Worry about refund later after the outcome of the claim.
And never refund before you get your item back ( if you lost the claim)

Hi! No she hasn't opened it yet, but she is basically "threatening" me with a claim if I don't refund her by 5pm..

If you choose to take the pants back, you would refund after you receive them.

I'd reply with something to the effect of the following. Tweak as necessary:

Dear buyer:
I'm sorry you aren't happy with the pants but after using them for 42 days since the sale and without contact from you, I can't accept a return. I described the pants as used and the nature of the type of denim is that it's distressed, also described.

WOW I didn't even know it was 42 days already! (Was too early for my to count haha) thank you for sending me the links! I will definitely do those if they decide to open a claim.

As far as refund goes, should I refund her first or do I wait for her to ship the item to me first?

See what your buyer does first if she opens a claim..

I don't like the comment about a refund by 5pm.. totally out of order..

You can tell your buyer to return the item & upon inspection you
will issue a refund..

If you decide not to challenge her SNAD , that is what you do..

NO jeans NO refund...this buyer has some set of b***s after 42 days...

Hi all. So I message her earlier telling her to return the jeans with confirmation number and then once I receive the package, I will refund. Here is what she sent me -

Dear seller(me),

Hello,

I just got to them! A family member of mine was in critical condition in a coma. So I've been at the hospital and got back home a week ago.

- buyer(them)

She messaged me again at 5 my time on the dot too!!!!!! -_-

I don't like to make any kind of assumptions, but it just seems odd that someone who has a loved one in a coma for a month plus will be so worried about watching the clock for a refund for a pair of jeans. Usually, the thing that would be on your mind is exhaustion, relief, etc., but not being demanding of a refund at a specific time. If anything, the potential loss of someone shows how very precious time is, and which things truly matter (being people, not things). I hope that makes sense.

I would have let her open a claim. The time lapse could have been favorable to you. But if you already told her to return them, oh well. Hopefully you will get back what you sent her. Good luck.

Hi all. So I message her earlier telling her to return the jeans with confirmation number and then once I receive the package, I will refund. Here is what she sent me -

Dear seller(me),

Hello,

I just got to them! A family member of mine was in critical condition in a coma. So I've been at the hospital and got back home a week ago.

- buyer(them)
If she's waiting for a response, repeat that you'll refund upon return.