Silver + Gold, need your opinion

Gizz

Jan 2, 2011
What do you think? Combine Epi Pochette NM (silver parts) with adjustable strap in vachetta (golden parts)?

Is it totally NO NO NO? Or go for it, no one will even notice?

I'm thinking it with yellow one. I think yellow and vachetta with patina might look good together, but those metal parts makes me doubt...

I'd say go for it. I don't mind silver n gold anything as long as its done tastefully. These days anything goes. Def not like the olden days where things were strict and u had to follow certain fashion rules. Nowadays it's brown with black, silver w gold...white in winter...etc.

It would not be my style. I have a hard time mixing metals. Maybe it will look cute. Can you post a picture? I think there is a fine line between fashionable individuality and something that looks like a do-it-yourself project. There may not be strict rules anymore but there is a general sense of what compliments a piece and what does not.

Gosh, I think it is okay to mix metals on individual pieces (wallets or cles) within the bag but I am unsure of those two metals right next to each other. Do you happen to have any photos? I think that is going to be one of those things that once you see it you will know right away! Good luck!

Sorry, no photos. I haven't bought those yet... I like yellow pochette, but for me long strap is must have with it. And Epi strap is too much yellow for me.

I don't mind wearing white gold jewellery whilst carrying a purse with gold hardware and vice versa, but I think gold and silver on the same purse clashes, unless of course it is intentional.

Haha I guess I just don't understand how silver and gold clash. Who made up that rule and when did it start getting ingrained in people's heads?! Lol! I think it can look great and can add some style.

I have the same problem. I would like to own a bag in Damier Ebene, but the gold metal is just to much for me to handle. It's very 'flashy' on a guy, and all my watches, belt-buckles, tie-pins etc are in silver..

it would not be my style. I have a hard time mixing metals. Maybe it will look cute. Can you post a picture? I think there is a fine line between fashionable individuality and something that looks like a do-it-yourself project. There may not be strict rules anymore but there is a general sense of what compliments a piece and what does not.
+1

I don't think it's the best look to mix different colour hardware on one purse. I'm racking my brain trying to recall if any other designers have done this, but I feel gold and silver are just odd if they are not already intertwined in the design. Maybe if the gold was very pale it would work better.

That being said, it's your purse, so if you are cool with it, I say why not?