Givenchy Antigona or Prada Saffiano?

neens0

Dec 14, 2006
Help me (please) decide these two bags, the Givenchy Antigona in a dark blue/purple stamped croc or the Prada Saffiano bowler in orange.

The Antigona looks gorgeous & well made in person, more so than the Prada but I worry that the Antigona may be the new "It Bag" and will look dated in a few years.

But I've also heard of a lot of quality issues with the Prada Saffiano bags whereas Givenchy Antigona is getting pretty good reviews here.

I think both colors are fairly versatile but I tend to wear more warm shades (browns, orange & pink) so I think the orange may go better with that.

Which bag would you go for?

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 3,315
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 3,019
Personally, I would grab the Givenchy Antigona in a heartbeat; I like Prada generally, but I like the saffiano better on the lux totes, and not as much on the bowler. In that shape, the Givenchy looks sleeker, and as such is a classy bag able to withstand the It-fad. But if you think you can get more use out of the Prada because of the warm color, go for it! GL deciding!

i can see the dilemma i would find it hard to choose too, the Givenchy is slightly ahead on my vote, but only just, they are both gorgeous and i think whichever you get you should be very happy with

Givenchy! I generally don't like croc embossed on bags but on that one it looks fab! The Prada is really nice too but too classic even in that colour IMO in comparison to the Antigona.

In my opinion Antigona is not a fad. I had a Prada Saffiano bowler. It looked new for two years and it went downhill from there that I decided to sell it. Bought it for 1200 Euros and sold it for 250. I've never had Antigona but it looks so good..

This is the first time I have looked at a Prada bag twice. They always have lovely colors.

However, I'm a Givenchy girl and vote for the Givenchy in blue stamped lizard. The shape and finish are just so much more interesting compared to the simple satchel shape of the Prada.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the recommendations :smile: I went with the Givenchy Antigona. It's too much of a stunner to pass up. The color, the texture, the structure... I don't think I'll regret this purchase.

Help me (please) decide these two bags, the Givenchy Antigona in a dark blue/purple stamped croc or the Prada Saffiano bowler in orange.

The Antigona looks gorgeous & well made in person, more so than the Prada but I worry that the Antigona may be the new "It Bag" and will look dated in a few years.

But I've also heard of a lot of quality issues with the Prada Saffiano bags whereas Givenchy Antigona is getting pretty good reviews here.

I think both colors are fairly versatile but I tend to wear more warm shades (browns, orange & pink) so I think the orange may go better with that.

Which bag would you go for?
LOVE the Givenchy!