New marcie crossbody

Zabear

O.G.
Feb 28, 2012
Does anyone have this bag? It's the new version of the Marcie crossbody without the double zipper. I was prepared to buy the old style bag in black and then found out that it has been discontinued and replaced with this revised version. Opinions? I haven't seen any posts on this bag yet, maybe because its pretty new. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-2246064371.jpg
    image-2246064371.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 1,218
A couple more pics of the bag. It is supposedly the same interior size as the double zipper version but looks larger on the model than what I recall of the other one.

Attachments

• image-1058258990.jpg
    image-1058258990.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • image-3585873456.jpg
    image-3585873456.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,100
I think it's significantly cheaper to make this new version without zippers. All the corporations are cutting costs nowadays.
Ladies, I fond the old discontinued version in tan in Harrods, they deliver to USA http://www.harrods.com/product/marc...=LS&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-Q6c4GZoay957jQWHfC25aQ
And in Nut in Nordies http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chloe-m...are&siteId=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-XhTeZMBZJeKjdzid3kMcJw
Nothing in black:sad:

Does anyone have this bag? It's the new version of the Marcie crossbody without the double zipper. I was prepared to buy the old style bag in black and then found out that it has been discontinued and replaced with this revised version. Opinions? I haven't seen any posts on this bag yet, maybe because its pretty new. Thanks in advance!

I'm sure it's nice ! I can't believe they changed them :sad: I have the black and love it ! I was thinking of getting the tan

Ah I was also hoping to get an older one, didn't realize it was now a discontinued style!

Yes thank you, I stumbled across the one at Nordie's too. The bag seems to be decently priced but I just bought a PS11 so need to think carefully before I make another purchase. I prefer the look of the original but I do wonder if the new version might be more user-friendly? The zippers seem like they might be a bit more difficult to use.

Yes thank you, I stumbled across the one at Nordie's too. The bag seems to be decently priced but I just bought a PS11 so need to think carefully before I make another purchase. I prefer the look of the original but I do wonder if the new version might be more user-friendly? The zippers seem like they might be a bit more difficult to use.

I always keep mine unzipped and have no issues getting in and out of it. I think the zippers add a special touch to it.

Thanks so much for your input, ladies! And thanks, Gemsberry for sending those links. I called my Nordies SA and it turns out they do have the black somewhere in the company!! So excited. I've actually ordered both the old and the new styles and will post side by side pics for comparison. I think I'll end up keeping the old style.

Me too, I don't zip it up all the time. And zippers ease up if you apply a little candle wax on it. But when it zipped it super safe and thief-proof.
I like PS1, it's a great crossbody.

It would be awesome to compare pictures! I'm so glad you found the colour you want:smile:

Thanks so much for your input, ladies! And thanks, Gemsberry for sending those links. I called my Nordies SA and it turns out they do have the black somewhere in the company!! So excited. I've actually ordered both the old and the new styles and will post side by side pics for comparison. I think I'll end up keeping the old style.

Me too, I don't zip it up all the time. And zippers ease up if you apply a little candle wax on it. But when it zipped it super safe and thief-proof.
I like PS1, it's a great crossbody.

Oh that is a very good point about the bag being thief-proof. Very tempting. There are still a number that seem to be available in Cali. Can you fit an iPad in it?