Only 4 Dooney Retail Locations!

Rstar

O.G.
Feb 17, 2011
I got the recent Dooney email and it only listed 4 retail stores: Dallas, las Vegas, NY and Hawaii. I'm so sad because I remember there were a lot more locations. I live in the Dallas area and there used to be 2 stores last fall. Only one remains and its quiet when I go in there. I almost want to buy something from this store every month just to make sure you it stays in business.

I guess it's just a sign of the times. Seems like some of the Macy's stores don't have D&B sections any longer, either. I live in Houston, so I call the Dallas Galleria store to buy stuff...thank goodness they will ship. :biggrin:

it's kinda embarrassing for a well known bag co not to have a flagship in nyc.
i go to the hawaii one.
I can't believe there isn't one in NYC. Thankfully, the Macy's and Lord and Taylor where I live carry Dooney. Still, I'm really looking forward to going to the outlet in a couple of weeks to see a huge selection. I could be in trouble there. I think I want a more spring/summer bag but if they had a small satchel in plum, I could have a really tough decision.

I can't believe there isn't one in NYC. Thankfully, the Macy's and Lord and Taylor where I live carry Dooney. Still, I'm really looking forward to going to the outlet in a couple of weeks to see a huge selection. I could be in trouble there. I think I want a more spring/summer bag but if they had a small satchel in plum, I could have a really tough decision.

I went to the Dooney Outlet in Orlando last week. First time ever, and I was kind of disappointed. I guess I thought things would be cheaper. Like at the Coach Oultet, they have full price bags 50% + 30% off and all the Dooney bags I was interested in were just 30% off. I could do that well or better at Macy's.

I guess it's just a sign of the times. Seems like some of the Macy's stores don't have D&B sections any longer, either. I live in Houston, so I call the Dallas Galleria store to buy stuff...thank goodness they will ship. :biggrin:

I hope Dooney survives the hardship and update their selection faster. For example, the spring catalog is not even out yet.

Yes i hope dooney survives. They have good quality leather. And its ever lasting. My mom's dooneys are still in perfect condition. Maybe they could update styles that are more market driven but still with the famous dooney craftmanship. But i know with this sometimes price point will be a bit higher than the competitors. But for me i'm willing to buy a stylish bag a bit more expensive than the others as long as i dont have to worry about scratching the leather or ruining the bottom of it or whatever damage will be. Anyways yes i hope dooney survive but i also hope they update their styles too. The last style that i really like from dooney is the wilson bag and the florentine bag.

These are the only locations listed on their website.
I really do wish there was an outlet in Colorado and at least a boutique with more items. Macy's carries such a small assortment of items.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 9.11.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 9.11.18 AM.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 315
These are the only locations listed on their website.
I really do wish there was an outlet in Colorado and at least a boutique with more items. Macy's carries such a small assortment of items.

whats hilarious is that the store pictured on the website is the defunct NYC store

I went to the Dooney Outlet in Orlando last week. First time ever, and I was kind of disappointed. I guess I thought things would be cheaper. Like at the Coach Oultet, they have full price bags 50% + 30% off and all the Dooney bags I was interested in were just 30% off. I could do that well or better at Macy's.

50+30 off MFF crap doesnt mean anything to me. much prefer the 30 off FP merchandise. JMO.

50+30 off MFF crap doesnt mean anything to me. much prefer the 30 off FP merchandise. JMO.

I don't buy much of the MFF crap either. But they frequently have FP bags 50/30, such as my Kristin Spectator BS that I bought in December for about $150. Now that I think about it, that bag was 50/30/10 and no other outlet stores could beat that when I was there.