Help - White Turning Orange

ojodeazul

Jan 5, 2006
Does anyone have any advise either to clean or to prevent it from getting worse. My DE Neverfull and my MC white speedy are starting to orange. I took the MC out to look at it and the sides were starting to go. Then I pulled out my DE it it was almost all orange. Any help would be appreciated..

TIA

The canvas or vachetta?

White canvas tends to go yellow in colour because of prolonged exposure to heat or sunlight. So if its canvas, not much you can do. Maybe sell and use the funds for a new one.

If you are talking about the vachetta having changed colour - nothing prevents it from getting darker. But you can prevent it from getting dirty: 3 coats of kiwi spray.

The canvas or vachetta?

White canvas tends to go yellow in colour because of prolonged exposure to heat or sunlight. So if its canvas, not much you can do. Maybe sell and use the funds for a new one.

If you are talking about the vachetta having changed colour - nothing prevents it from getting darker. But you can prevent it from getting dirty: 3 coats of kiwi spray.

It is the canvas. They have been stored in their dust bags in my climate controlled closet. It is very strange. I will try to get a pic of my MC mi speedy.

I've read something somewhere about white mc bags made a few years ago having issues with glue turning yellow? I think there was another thread Recently too. Definitely have a look around. Good luck!

I read about this somewhere...prob was on here in another thread. Also I've seen bags on eBay that look yellowish. One Azur was so yellow it looked almost like a DE but it was more beat up looking. I just think that's how it ages...mayb when the canvas ages it gets a yellow tint.