Has anyone had a LV stolen?

Yes, twelve years ago I was mugged in my car and my brand new Burberry Tote was stolen. A week previously I had won an all expenses overnight trip to London with £1000 to spend at Harrods through the company I worked for as a Sales Manager. I had bought my tote along with a beautiful LV wallet and a Burberry make-up bag that was in my bag at the time with some of the money. As the assailants had knives I wasn't going to put up too much of a fight as I was also wearing some rather nice rings! I lost the bag including my agenda and treasured photo's of my mum who had passed away too.

From that day on I have ALWAYS secured my bag when ever I use a shopping trolley and put my bag in the boot of my car if I had the roof down. I have a security lanyard (free from our local police station) attached to my bag organiser which I discreetly thread through the bars of trolleys when shopping and I never put my bag down anywhere!

We don't appreciate the value of what we carry in our handbags and many people don't realise that their insurance policies don't cover handbags when used away from the home. It's worth checking that out and paying a little extra for additional cover believe me!

I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone and all these years later I am still really wary of carrying my bag secured in the crook of arm, zipped up and close to me!

Yes, twelve years ago I was mugged in my car and my brand new Burberry Tote was stolen. A week previously I had won an all expenses overnight trip to London with £1000 to spend at Harrods through the company I worked for as a Sales Manager. I had bought my tote along with a beautiful LV wallet and a Burberry make-up bag that was in my bag at the time with some of the money. As the assailants had knives I wasn't going to put up too much of a fight as I was also wearing some rather nice rings! I lost the bag including my agenda and treasured photo's of my mum who had passed away too.

From that day on I have ALWAYS secured my bag when ever I use a shopping trolley and put my bag in the boot of my car if I had the roof down. I have a security lanyard (free from our local police station) attached to my bag organiser which I discreetly thread through the bars of trolleys when shopping and I never put my bag down anywhere!

We don't appreciate the value of what we carry in our handbags and many people don't realise that their insurance policies don't cover handbags when used away from the home. It's worth checking that out and paying a little extra for additional cover believe me!

I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone and all these years later I am still really wary of carrying my bag secured in the crook of arm, zipped up and close to me!
That's AWFUL! I'm sooo sorry that happened to you!! :sad:

Mine was not technically stolen. I started building a friendship (I thought) with this person for a few months. She really this cross body purse of mine, so when I went on vacation, I told her she can use it for a few weeks. I came back to work and found out from our common friends that she was gone on medical leave. After a couple of months, I learned that she got laid off. Cut story short, she still has the purse - I emailed her politely asking abt my purse. She replied after sometime and asked me if she could just pay for it. So, I gave her my price, which was very low ($200) - never heard back. Emailed her again multiple times with my mailing address, no reply. On my last email, I told her to just mail the purse back to me and I would pay for the shipping, finally she replied and said she would rather pay for it. Guess what, it is almost a year now - no email, no check, no purse.

I was just wondering, how can she carry the purse when she knows very well that it does not belong to her.

I miss this little thing... :cry:

(uploaded fr online photo)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqVHJEwFDVdkobcTBQ395MSohg~~60_35.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJEwFDVdkobcTBQ395MSohg~~60_35.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 599

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you weren't hurt by those crooks. What a violation of your personal belongings inside your bag. That bothers me the most about these kinds of thefts. Go ahead...take my bag if you have to be that selfish, but taking someone's irreplaceable valuables, like your cherished photos, is atrocious. I'm sure you carry lots of wonderful memories of your mum in your heart...no one can steal that!

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I'm so sorry, thank you for sharing-I am going to look into this ASAP.

Mine was not technically stolen. I started building a friendship (I thought) with this person for a few months. She really this cross body purse of mine, so when I went on vacation, I told her she can use it for a few weeks. I came back to work and found out from our common friends that she was gone on medical leave. After a couple of months, I learned that she got laid off. Cut story short, she still has the purse - I emailed her politely asking abt my purse. She replied after sometime and asked me if she could just pay for it. So, I gave her my price, which was very low ($200) - never heard back. Emailed her again multiple times with my mailing address, no reply. On my last email, I told her to just mail the purse back to me and I would pay for the shipping, finally she replied and said she would rather pay for it. Guess what, it is almost a year now - no email, no check, no purse.

I was just wondering, how can she carry the purse when she knows very well that it does not belong to her.

I've had a friend do this with my belongings so I know how it feels. I'm sorry honey...bet you wont make that mistake again. I know I wont...I learned my lesson.

About three weeks ago my de multicles 6 was stolen out of the pocket of my jacket while I was buying meds at the pharmacy. They probably thought it was a wallet.., I lost all my keys, my car key, the one to my home, even the one for my parents' home and I'm still devastated
My bf had given me the cles for Christmas and it was even hot stamped with my initials
I'm glad though that I hadn't put any cards in it so nobody knows to whom the keys belong. They probably threw them away and kept the cles
Unlike the person in the famous stole thread, I was not able to retrace it on ebay

I am sorry, but to me that *is* technically stolen. You asked for it back, did not get it, gave her a price and did not get the money. It was not a gift, if it was she would not have asked for a price. If you took her to small claims court, I imagine you would walk out with some money if she did not bring the bag. That is so annoying.