Chanel wallet - any recommendations?

Sep 13, 2006
An posting from my phone - apologies in advance!

I've decided that I need a pop of colour. I have a grey Celine mini luggage, but am not in love with the wallets (purses) I've seen so far.

I posted on the Celine thread for and someone suggested Chanel. I assumed they were out of my price range but am happy to be persuaded.

Any suggestions? I'm London based, so can get to Selfridges or the boutiques (hopefully the SAs aren't snobby).

How much would you like to spend? The Chanel S wallet is relatively reasonable, and it's gorgeous in red. I have it in black. Louis Vuitton has also great wallets. My LV wallets have been more durable than my Chanel wallets. Good luck with your choice. :smile:

I love shopping for wallets and am a certified wallet nut. ;) I'd suggest going through the thread smalls posted. There are many leather and colors Chanel offer each season, but the styles remain generally the same season after season. Are you interested in a small, medium, or long wallet? Is having a closure important to you?

How much would you like to spend? The Chanel S wallet is relatively reasonable, and it's gorgeous in red. I have it in black. Louis Vuitton has also great wallets. My LV wallets have been more durable than my Chanel wallets. Good luck with your choice. :smile:

Chanbal - I've a long purse from LV (no idea what the style is but it triold, holds 6 cards and both main opening and coin compartment are press studs)which is about 14 years old, the stitching is coming undone.

I've also a Mulberry purse, with a postman lock, but it keeps coming undone in my bag, so all my change falls out. Moneywise - I've got a maximum of about £900 to spend - sold a watch and want to spend the money on something specific as opposed to frittering away on bits and pieces and then not remember what I spent the money on.

Thank you - off to have a good look around.

I love shopping for wallets and am a certified wallet nut. ;) I'd suggest going through the thread smalls posted. There are many leather and colors Chanel offer each season, but the styles remain generally the same season after season. Are you interested in a small, medium, or long wallet? Is having a closure important to you?
bluekit - I think I'm looking for a zip closure and probably medium sized.

Chanbal - I've a long purse from LV (no idea what the style is but it triold, holds 6 cards and both main opening and coin compartment are press studs)which is about 14 years old, the stitching is coming undone.

I've also a Mulberry purse, with a postman lock, but it keeps coming undone in my bag, so all my change falls out. Moneywise - I've got a maximum of about £900 to spend - sold a watch and want to spend the money on something specific as opposed to frittering away on bits and pieces and then not remember what I spent the money on.

Thank you - off to have a good look around.

I would go to Chanel and choose there. It will not be difficult to find a nice one within your budget. I have two, one black and one silver, and I like them a lot. Good luck and don't forget to share your choice. :smile:

take a look at the wallet style on pg 20 in the link smalls had posted. On page 20, there is a black camellia embossed wallet posted there. It's a medium sized French style wallet that Chanel calls it the Lzip and it has 10 cc slots and a zipper compartment for coins on the other side. I love that wallet because it is very practical. Chanel makes that wallet In other leather/color also.
bluekit - I think I'm looking for a zip closure and probably medium sized.

take a look at the wallet style on pg 20 in the link smalls had posted. On page 20, there is a black camellia embossed wallet posted there. It's a medium sized French style wallet that Chanel calls it the Lzip and it has 10 cc slots and a zipper compartment for coins on the other side. I love that wallet because it is very practical. Chanel makes that wallet In other leather/color also.
Thank you - after going through the thread, I think I've got my heart set on a camellia embossed wallet. Hoping that Selfridges has a good range, so can I pop in during my lunchtime on Monday.

Thank you everyone for your help, suggestions and links. I will, of course post, my goodies, once I get my head round how to actually post a picture!:huh:

Thank you - after going through the thread, I think I've got my heart set on a camellia embossed wallet. Hoping that Selfridges has a good range, so can I pop in during my lunchtime on Monday.

Thank you everyone for your help, suggestions and links. I will, of course post, my goodies, once I get my head round how to actually post a picture!:huh:

Have fun shopping! :biggrin: My favorite has to be camellia embossed too. I love everything camellia from Chanel.

Chanel wallets are beautiful, but not as durable as lv ones. Harrods has a huge collection of wallets, both on groud floor and second floor. 900 pounds is plenty to spend. Chanel wallets cost less,most of them. :smile: