PLEASE help me decide what to do!!!

ddebartolo

O.G.
Dec 8, 2007
I have been struggling BIG TIME on what to do about my purse situation and I need other opinions from those who would understand. I have a limited edition Coco Bengal tote with the chain straps that I LOVE ( it was my first brand new Chanel purchase from the store) BUT I haven't used it much and it is already losing its structure and showing signs of wear. Turns out it is a lot more delicate than I thought. SO now I don't want to use it which defeats the purpose of having it. I don't make a ton of $$ so I can't afford to own multiple bags. I Currently have 2. Anyhoo, I THINK I want the jumbo flap in caviar. I had a medium but sold it cuz it was too small. I THINK that I would love it and get SOOOOO much more use out of it since its caviar and holds its structure well, easy to clean etc. SO my question is, do I pull the trigger and buy the one I'm eyeing on Ebay and see how I like it and if I like it sell my LE tote? Or do I just wait? The one on Ebay is practically brand new and I'm not sure if I'll find one like it any time soon.....any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!

I would say do it... You only live once... Hehe... The caviar jumbo was my first Chanel and I do love it. If you will get more use out of it then go for it especially now with the price increase. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I would say do it... You only live once... Hehe... The caviar jumbo was my first Chanel and I do love it. If you will get more use out of it then go for it especially now with the price increase. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thank you for your input. I'm just worried that the jumbo won't be big enough. I usually carry medium sized bags. In Louis Vuitton I prefer the speedy 25 which is considered small so I'm unsure if the jumbo would be big enough. I don't like the maxi so that's out of the question.

Are you sure a flap style is going to fit your life style? Do you like the weight and style? I would suggest to go to a boutique (if you can) try any jumbo flap, after you decide that is what will make you happy... Go for it!!! You will not regret it!! I am sooo happy with mine;). The reason I am suggesting to go and tried first, it is because some people are not flap style like. Good luck deciding!

Are you sure a flap style is going to fit your life style? Do you like the weight and style? I would suggest to go to a boutique (if you can) try any jumbo flap, after you decide that is what will make you happy... Go for it!!! You will not regret it!! I am sooo happy with mine;). The reason I am suggesting to go and tried first, it is because some people are not flap style like. Good luck deciding!
Very good point. I actually owned a medium flap that I really liked but it was just too small. The flap didn't bother me at all in fact I liked it.

Go for it girl. Do it. I know money is tight butIf you don't take advantage of it right now it will be gone for good!
I did the same thing. I just bought a brand new GST last month and a 3 weeks later I found a PRELOVED on eBay. So I bought it even if I wasn't ready. And I'm still looking, just looking you know just in case, I don't want to let it pass. Lol I'm bad.

i say go for it! it doesn't seem like there's any use for current tote. if you love the jumbo i say take the plunge! and wait for it to come and see if you love it as much as you think you do. that way, if you sell the tote after, it's kind of like the money for the jumbo is already gone and in a way it feels like free money back from selling the tote! haha bad way of thinking, i know - that's how i get into so much trouble when it comes to shopping ;) good luck!

Did you get the Jumbo authenticated? If you are comfortable with its price, go for it. Caviar Jumbos seem to be the most popular Chanel bags nowadays. Good luck! :smile: