Passing on my love to get more love!! But need everyones help!!pictures included*

jssl1688

O.G.
Jul 12, 2012
Hi everyone! Ok, so I have researched up and down the forum and off of google too with sizing and how everyone prefers the fit as well as what the sa's recommend and I'm still undecided. I have a yg love in a size 17 that I'm passing to my mom. This is because she likes the bracelet, also hubby wants to upgrade me to either 4 or 10 diamond.

When I first got the bracelet, I was sized at 17 in 2 different stores. I tried on a size 16 in the sizer once and it was not very comfy near wrist bone, but I heard that the sizer fits differently compared to the actual bracelet. I don't know how much difference the sizer vs the actual bracelet fit. I wondered if the actual bracelet in 16 would have been just right. I therefore bought the 17, but for some strange reason I always felt that my 17 was a tad big on me since I read on the forum the true fit should be more tight. Also, from the top it looks ok but side profile theres a pretty big gap, a lot of space open.

I have also seen many pictures of people in a slightly fitter look. My wrist is fairly tiny at 14.5 cm on both arms, I do however have a wrist bone and that will put me at 15 and slightly bigger on the right side vs left. I think my problem specifically is if I get a 16 I'm afraid the screw part will be uncomfortable near my wrist bone. 17 will be better near wrist bone but too big in the arm area. My old 17 now goes up about 4 inches up my arm I don't know if that's too big? How far should the bracelet go?

I know of course this is personal preference too. I really want to make sure this time I make the right sizing choice and not have a single doubt if I made the right decision. I will go into the store to try on the 16 but still wanted to get opinions from everyone on the forum since I know you guys are always helpful and can provide a better insight for me. I have attached a couple pics for everyone's review. Thanks for helping out everyone!! It's much appreciated.

hi everyone! Ok, so i have researched up and down the forum and off of google too with sizing and how everyone prefers the fit as well as what the sa's recommend and i'm still undecided. I have a yg love in a size 17 that i'm passing to my mom. This is because she likes the bracelet, also hubby wants to upgrade me to either 4 or 10 diamond.

When i first got the bracelet, i was sized at 17 in 2 different stores. I tried on a size 16 in the sizer once and it was not very comfy near wrist bone, but i heard that the sizer fits differently compared to the actual bracelet. I don't know how much difference the sizer vs the actual bracelet fit. I wondered if the actual bracelet in 16 would have been just right. I therefore bought the 17, but for some strange reason i always felt that my 17 was a tad big on me since i read on the forum the true fit should be more tight. Also, from the top it looks ok but side profile theres a pretty big gap, a lot of space open.

I have also seen many pictures of people in a slightly fitter look. My wrist is fairly tiny at 14.5 cm on both arms, i do however have a wrist bone and that will put me at 15 and slightly bigger on the right side vs left. I think my problem specifically is if i get a 16 i'm afraid the screw part will be uncomfortable near my wrist bone. 17 will be better near wrist bone but too big in the arm area. My old 17 now goes up about 4 inches up my arm i don't know if that's too big? How far should the bracelet go?

I know of course this is personal preference too. I really want to make sure this time i make the right sizing choice and not have a single doubt if i made the right decision. I will go into the store to try on the 16 but still wanted to get opinions from everyone on the forum since i know you guys are always helpful and can provide a better insight for me. I have attached a couple pics for everyone's review. Thanks for helping out everyone!! It's much appreciated.

image-2102114826.jpg

image-664255073.jpg

image-421760469.jpg

image-2142540310.jpg

image-2649012793.jpg

image-2123960737.jpg

Reactions: Yinb
It does look pretty loose on you. I know some people like it that way though but sounds like you don't. Are you planning on going into Cartier to try the 16 on? If so, then you should be able to tell if the screws will bother you. Nice of you to give this one to your mom!!

It does look pretty loose on you. I know some people like it that way though but sounds like you don't. Are you planning on going into Cartier to try the 16 on? If so, then you should be able to tell if the screws will bother you. Nice of you to give this one to your mom!!

Hi cateyes. Yes, it's quite loose that's why I'm so confused as to which size I should get. I'm not even sure if I really like it loose or tighter either. I don't want to feel constrained. On top of it all, me and hub plan to have baby next year so I'm afraid if I get it tighter I might have trouble if I gain weight or something. Yes, my mom will be happy. Actually she went through a tough past couple of years battling cancer so I feel this would be a special gift to pass along to her since she likes it a lot too.

That looks really big to me. I would try the 16 on in the store. The sizers are bigger then the actual bracelet!

Thanks lovefour. I will most likely have to do that. I just wanted everyone else's opinion too so it doesn't seem like I'm crazy to think its too big. Actually hub think it looks good before. Now that I mention it to him, he thinks it is a tad big too. Good thing is 17 will fit my mom since she's a tad bigger than me. Wrist and arm.

Oh my god I have the exact same problem with you about the size. I have 14.5 wrist and size 17 bracelet and now i keep on thinking what if I had the 16. Im thinking of getting a second love probably the rainbow one and with that I think I should get the 16 instead. Here are some pics on my 17. As you can see its also loose like yours. Im interested to know on which size you decide because I think it would help me with my next purchase.

Attachments

• image-1691228624.jpg
    image-1691228624.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 805
  • image-2771205381.jpg
    image-2771205381.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 790
  • image-403886722.jpg
    image-403886722.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 768
  • image-2906615830.jpg
    image-2906615830.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 783
I have the 17 and it fits much more snugly - but perfectly. My wrist is 15.5 - totally get the size 16. In my opinion, it looks much better with a comfy, close fit

Thanks lovefour. I will most likely have to do that. I just wanted everyone else's opinion too so it doesn't seem like I'm crazy to think its too big. Actually hub think it looks good before. Now that I mention it to him, he thinks it is a tad big too. Good thing is 17 will fit my mom since she's a tad bigger than me. Wrist and arm.
By the way you are so sweet to do this for your mom! It was meant to be that you bought the larger size first because it's perfect for your mom! so feel good about it. Things have a way of working out in the end.

Oh my god I have the exact same problem with you about the size. I have 14.5 wrist and size 17 bracelet and now i keep on thinking what if I had the 16. Im thinking of getting a second love probably the rainbow one and with that I think I should get the 16 instead. Here are some pics on my 17. As you can see its also loose like yours. Im interested to know on which size you decide because I think it would help me with my next purchase.

stmary, yours fit loose too! but i feel like yours looks a bit more fitted than mine. Mine just looks so big now that I look at the pics over again. I will def keep everyone posted on what size I end up with in the end. I hope that could help you in deciding your next purchase. however, you don't mind that one would overlap eachother? some people say that couldl really bang up the bracelet that's another reason i want to make sure i'm buying the right size incase i want to stack in the future.

My wrist is 14.5 and I got the 16. Fits perfectly, no regrets!

dster, that's good to know. do you have any gapping at all around the wrist area? maybe it's better for you cause you don't have a wrist bone?

I have the 17 and it fits much more snugly - but perfectly. My wrist is 15.5 - totally get the size 16. In my opinion, it looks much better with a comfy, close fit

Greentea, i'm hoping that's the case. I would just hate it if it hits the bone. i think i'm one of those inbetween the sizes, it's so hard to get the perfect look i want, i feel the 16 maybe a big tight especially due to my bone, but then the 17 too big around the arm....urghhhh, such hard decision to make

stmary, yours fit loose too! but i feel like yours looks a bit more fitted than mine. Mine just looks so big now that I look at the pics over again. I will def keep everyone posted on what size I end up with in the end. I hope that could help you in deciding your next purchase. however, you don't mind that one would overlap eachother? some people say that couldl really bang up the bracelet that's another reason i want to make sure i'm buying the right size incase i want to stack in the future.

hello jssl1688,
You brought up a good point there,definately something to consider. I'm thinking of getting the rainbow stones in rose gold as it is the prettiest (IMO) but not sure how it will go with yellow gold. I think worst come to worst I will wear one on each arm but then again I just think that it might feel like handcuff without the chain if i wear on both arms. Anyhow, I still got a long time to decide as I'm still saving for this purchase and god knows when I can get it since my wish list just got bigger and bigger each day thanks to TPF. LOL! Too many distractions.

Edit: So sorry about the big pics, that was done through my iphone and didnt realise how big it is until im on my laptop. I do apologise.

Last edited:
Hi cateyes. Yes, it's quite loose that's why I'm so confused as to which size I should get. I'm not even sure if I really like it loose or tighter either. I don't want to feel constrained. On top of it all, me and hub plan to have baby next year so I'm afraid if I get it tighter I might have trouble if I gain weight or something. Yes, my mom will be happy. Actually she went through a tough past couple of years battling cancer so I feel this would be a special gift to pass along to her since she likes it a lot too.

That is such a lovely, meaningful gift to give your mom.

Sounds like you have a tricky fit because of the wrist bone being 15cm. My wrist is a 14.75 (closer to 14.5 in winter), and I first had a 16 (the actual bracelet is smaller than the sizer because, as you know, the screws stick out). It drove me nuts in the spot where the screws would catch on my wrist. When I would flex my hand (particularly when I was driving), it would stick on my wrist and it drove me nuts. Also, in the heat, my wrist seemed to expand (although not to the eye) and it made the bracelet uncomfortable. That being said, you can always exchange the 16 if you get it and you realize it's too small. It sounds like it will probably be perfect for you though. Good luck!