Revealing a horse and carriage (inside the cab!)

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
I think this is the first time Im doing a reveal from the cab!

Taking the new beauty home after a long night at work and couldn't resist admiring her in the cab ride home...

She even fits in my trapeze! :smile:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130126_111736.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_111736.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 951
I have surely been bitten by the Celine bug... This is my 3rd celine in 6 months, and its my 2nd vintage.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130126_112040.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_112040.png
    414.8 KB · Views: 986
As the thread title suggests... Revealing a horse and carriage vintage box!
Another beauty from an online reputable reseller :smile:

Not the best lighting in the cab... Ill take better pictures later!

Thanks for sharing this with me!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130126_112214.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_112214.png
    395 KB · Views: 983
So there is a slight flaw with this bag... Everything is in perfect condition except the buckle... It seems to have some rust or mould on the gold plating.

U have to look closely, front on, to see it. From afar, u can't really tell (but i know its there)...

Anyone know how i can get rid of it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130126_112820.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_112820.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 920
  • ForumRunner_20130126_112833.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_112833.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 914
  • ForumRunner_20130126_112849.png
    ForumRunner_20130126_112849.png
    388 KB · Views: 938
I think i'm going to have this very problem next week when i myself take posession of a vintage bag.

As i understand it, the tarnishing occurs from the metal that's actually underneath the gold plate - and that's what has to be dealt with.

I've looked online and seen a couple of suggestions but i'll give more info when i've got to that point.
It'll be interesting to hear others' suggestions too.

yinnie said:
So there is a slight flaw with this bag... Everything is in perfect condition except the buckle... It seems to have some rust or mould on the gold plating.

U have to look closely, front on, to see it. From afar, u can't really tell (but i know its there)...

Anyone know how i can get rid of it?

that last picture! omg
i want i want! so beautiful. did you get it from ebay or a consignment store?

I think i'm going to have this very problem next week when i myself take posession of a vintage bag.

As i understand it, the tarnishing occurs from the metal that's actually underneath the gold plate - and that's what has to be dealt with.

I've looked online and seen a couple of suggestions but i'll give more info when i've got to that point.

Please do share! From my research, I read that toothpaste might help... I'm going to try it on a discreet part of the bag and let u know how it goes!

that last picture! omg
i want i want! so beautiful. did you get it from ebay or a consignment store?

Thanks! I got it from eBay reseller :smile:

i like that a lot!

Thanks! I love vintage!

Hi Millicat, I just tried a trick to clean the mould/rust off with toothpaste which worked wonders. I created a separate thread with instructions and pics. Hope it will be useful to u too!

http://forum.purseblog.com/celine/cleaning-rusty-gold-hardware-on-celine-vintage-buckle-800029.html

Hi Millicat, I just tried a trick to clean the mould/rust off with toothpaste which worked wonders. I created a separate thread with instructions and pics. Hope it will be useful to u too!

http://forum.purseblog.com/celine/cleaning-rusty-gold-hardware-on-celine-vintage-buckle-800029.html

Hi yinnie, this box is amazing and the 3rd picture is :loveeyes:
Btw, can I ask you how much did you pay for this vintage Céline just to inform myself of the market's price when I'll see one :biggrin:

Hi yinnie, this box is amazing and the 3rd picture is :loveeyes:
Btw, can I ask you how much did you pay for this vintage Céline just to inform myself of the market's price when I'll see one :biggrin:

Hi samouu, thanks very much :smile: i bought it for $329usd which i think accounts for the rusty buckle. I remember there was one before in excellent condition for around $450... Good luck :smile:

Its in good condition and everything looks good but I do have one concern. The "celine Paris" stamp is not centered. I've been told that our purse forum authenticators don't authenticate vintage celine and have not heard from my poupette either on whether they authentic these so I was hoping my fellow vintage celine lovers can help me. Those of you who have this bag, any of you seen this before? Thank you!

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2076350&stc=1&d=1361464003

Its in good condition and everything looks good but I do have one concern. The "celine Paris" stamp is not centered. I've been told that our purse forum authenticators don't authenticate vintage celine and have not heard from my poupette either on whether they authentic these so I was hoping my fellow vintage celine lovers can help me. Those of you who have this bag, any of you seen this before? Thank you!

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2076350&stc=1&d=1361464003

Hi, I don't have any advice on the Celine stamp but you could compare all other details on your bag to available pics, here's a high-res pic: http://media.auktionsverket.se/U109/stor/1008.jpg?d=20120427092539&

Hope it helps a little.