...monogram in Rome

Ravena

O.G.
Sep 14, 2011
My DH is going on a business trip to Rome and bringing me LV :biggrin: with all those recent price increase I m not sure what should I get... I was thinking about delightful Gm but it is discontinued, I m not sure about MM size ( loved zippers).
It would be my forst mono bag since I own only ebene bags.
I m thinking maybe Galliera? Or Artsy? Speedy B or even classic speedy?
What do you think?

Artsy is amazing bag!
I m concerned about cracking problems I ve read about on TPF
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/artsy-cracking-update-reveal-746106.html
I need a bag that will hold on good over time and I m afraid I ll be thinking about that cracking ALL the time :S

It doesn't mean that if you get an artsy
You will have the same problem like others.
Otherwise, why scared ? They will replace it
if the quality gone wrong. I have mine for
a year and I don't have any cracking or
uncomfortable issues. You should give it
a try ! Artsy is a beautiful bag and definitely
A head turner !!! Good luck and update us ;)

It doesn't mean that if you get an artsy
You will have the same problem like others.
Otherwise, why scared ? They will replace it
if the quality gone wrong. I have mine for
a year and I don't have any cracking or
uncomfortable issues. You should give it
a try ! Artsy is a beautiful bag and definitely
A head turner !!! Good luck and update us ;)

I live 10hours away from LV store and if something happened I d have huge problems with exchange.
QM, you own artsy and galliera, can you compare them please?

^^^There is no guarantee whatever bag you chose will be defect free once your DH brings it back. Will he know how to properly inspect the bag? It will be coming from Rome, so in any case you will not be near the boutique of origin. Artsy is a beautiful bag. I'd chose the Artsy and have no worries. GL

Last edited:
I would get the artsy... The cracking is apparently caused by deodorant and sweat from the armpits, if you carry it on you elbow, hand and only shoulder carry when you have something on with sleeves then I don't think you should worry about the cracking. Galliera is my second choice but I like it less with patina whereas artsy looks super patinad.

^^^There is no guarantee whatever bag you chose will be defect free once your DH brings it back. Will he know how to properly inspect the bag? It will be coming from Rome, so in any case you will not be near the boutique of origin. Artsy is a beautiful bag. I'd chose the Artsy and have no worries. GL

he will inspect it properly, he s better than I am in finding flaws :P
I m afraid about problems that will appear after time ( like that canvas cracking on artsy :sad: )

Sounds like you have ruled the Artsy out (which is probably a HUGE mistake... I have it and love it) so between the Speedy and the Galleria my personal choice would be the Speedy.. It's a classy and timeless piece from LV. GL in whatever you decide!

I have heard that the delightful gm is not sold in the US anymore but they are still selling it in other countries. I like the delightful when I am traveling It can handle a lot of stuff it's heavy to pick it up when it's full but once it's on your shoulder IMO you barely know it's there the strap is so comfortable.

I have heard that the delightful gm is not sold in the US anymore but they are still selling it in other countries. I like the delightful when I am traveling It can handle a lot of stuff it's heavy to pick it up when it's full but once it's on your shoulder IMO you barely know it's there the strap is so comfortable.

+1
They still sell the Delightful GM in Rome :smile:

My vote goes for the Delightful GM (if possible to get) since its discontinued here and that was your first choice..you won't be able to get it and you can always get the other bags later on. If not the delightful then definitely artsy such a beautiful bag that will be extra special since you got it from Rome :love: