QUESTION regarding hardware on the 2013 Nightingales. (Hardware not matching???)

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys :biggrin:

I have a question regarding the hardware on the 2013 lambskin Nightingale bags. Lately, I have noticed with the gold hardware, that the zipper is not matching the clasp. I have attached a photo below of a 2013 black lambskin Nightingale. I am not sure if you can see it in the photo, but in person, the zippers are bright yellow gold, wheras the clasps on the sides of the bag are a light gold......looking almost silver. You can see the difference when looking at the bag in person, and it really bothers me. It's defnitely not the same color. Has anyone else noticed this? My old nightingale had brushed gold hardware, so I can't compare it. This nightingale has shiny gold hardware, but the color and tone on the zippers does not match the clasps. Would this bother any of you? Have any of you noticed this also? It almost looks like two tone hardware.....it bothers me. Thanks in advance, let me know what you think! xo

givenchynightingalehardware_zpsc03c1cd0.jpg

that's weird that the hardware is not matching... must be a new style they are going for??!! i don't think many people would even notice to be honest.

I am not sure what they were going for, but it's on all the 2013 bags, I checked at Barneys. The zippers are dark yellow gold, and the clasps are light gold/ almost silver looking. I am anal so it bothers me, but maybe not many people would notice it?

I am not sure what they were going for, but it's on all the 2013 bags, I checked at Barneys. The zippers are dark yellow gold, and the clasps are light gold/ almost silver looking. I am anal so it bothers me, but maybe not many people would notice it?
yeah it would annoy me too! but if that's the way they are going.... what can we do??!!

I noticed it also and on the pandoras as well. What bugged me about the pandora also, was the inside zippered pocket has a gunmetal zipper which clearly doesn't go with the gold zippers and hardware on the outside of the bag. Not sure if the nightingale's inside pocket is the same way, I forgot to look

I noticed it also and on the pandoras as well. What bugged me about the pandora also, was the inside zippered pocket has a gunmetal zipper which clearly doesn't go with the gold zippers and hardware on the outside of the bag. Not sure if the nightingale's inside pocket is the same way, I forgot to look

Really? Now THAT is odd. Why would Givenchy do that?? Is it carelessness on their part? I think a $2000 dollar bag should have matching hardware! Am I am wrong to think that? LOL I think it makes the bag look like the hardware has tarnished, or lost it's plating. When the zippers are dark gold, and the clasps are light gold/silver, it makes the bag look like it's old and tarnishing, IMO. Did you feel the same way?

Really? Now THAT is odd. Why would Givenchy do that?? Is it carelessness on their part? I think a $2000 dollar bag should have matching hardware! Am I am wrong to think that? LOL I think it makes the bag look like the hardware has tarnished, or lost it's plating. When the zippers are dark gold, and the clasps are light gold/silver, it makes the bag look like it's old and tarnishing, IMO. Did you feel the same way?

Yes..makes it look cheap. The inside pocket zipper REALLY bugs me, because if you don't zip close your bag, you can clearly see it as your carrying it.

I thought I was the only one! I noticed it today when I used my Micro Nightingale for the first time. I bought it yesterday and so today was the first time I saw it w/ sunlight and I thought it was silver at one point...

On top of that, one side of the leather doesn't match with the other... And I don't want to return it because the "bad side" of the leather is the color I like it in! FYI, I got mine in Sky Blue so it's like a pastel color and the "bad side" was a gray blue which seems much better in my opinion :cry:

I thought I was the only one! I noticed it today when I used my Micro Nightingale for the first time. I bought it yesterday and so today was the first time I saw it w/ sunlight and I thought it was silver at one point...

On top of that, one side of the leather doesn't match with the other... And I don't want to return it because the "bad side" of the leather is the color I like it in! FYI, I got mine in Sky Blue so it's like a pastel color and the "bad side" was a gray blue which seems much better in my opinion :cry:

UGH what the hell? This is bothering me a lot! I have a lambskin nightingale that I am thinking of returning because none of the hardware matches! It looks like the clasps have tarnished!

I tried on the sky blue nightingale in store a few days ago...the hardware is silver BUT the inner zip pocket has gold hardware! I was a bit puzzled by it.....most other designers would match hardware ... It bothers me too!

I tried on the sky blue nightingale in store a few days ago...the hardware is silver BUT the inner zip pocket has gold hardware! I was a bit puzzled by it.....most other designers would match hardware ... It bothers me too!

I also noticed that my Antigona has silver hardware but the inside zip is a pale gold, I wouldn't of even looked if OP hadn't mentioned this...... I do find it odd most designers use matching inside & out

I also noticed that my Antigona has silver hardware but the inside zip is a pale gold, I wouldn't of even looked if OP hadn't mentioned this...... I do find it odd most designers use matching inside & out

I had a thought that maybe they just had all their zippers made in pale gold and just used them instead of making ones in silver?? Vey odd right?
Funny though I checked my black antigona and the zip inside is is silver as well....so that refutes my above theory LOL...

I had a thought that maybe they just had all their zippers made in pale gold and just used them instead of making ones in silver?? Vey odd right?
Funny though I checked my black antigona and the zip inside is is silver as well....so that refutes my above theory LOL...

I wonder if they just use what ever zips hanging around & near by...... I should of checked the blue one I had but I suppose its just something you don't think of especially when your buying direct from the store I think when you buy Pre owned you inspect the bag more.