Papers/authentication cards with Dior items?

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Last night I bought my first Dior leather item - a Lady Dior zip around wallet in Cruise Blue - from the Dior boutique inside Holt Renfrew in Vancouver. In the past I've bought items from Prada and Chanel and they've all come with an authentication card or some kind of "how to maintain" booklet. I've bought Dior sunglasses before and even then it came with a "how to maintain" booklet.

I was wondering if Dior wallets come with some kind of authentication card or whatnot. Even the price tag with the bar code on it was removed by the sales associate and kept by the boutique. There is a serial number in the wallet, but without something to match it against (like how Chanel does it), it seems kind of useless.

If you have any guidance, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Last night I bought my first Dior leather item - a Lady Dior zip around wallet in Cruise Blue - from the Dior boutique inside Holt Renfrew in Vancouver. In the past I've bought items from Prada and Chanel and they've all come with an authentication card or some kind of "how to maintain" booklet. I've bought Dior sunglasses before and even then it came with a "how to maintain" booklet.

I was wondering if Dior wallets come with some kind of authentication card or whatnot. Even the price tag with the bar code on it was removed by the sales associate and kept by the boutique. There is a serial number in the wallet, but without something to match it against (like how Chanel does it), it seems kind of useless.

Dior's "authentication" cards are not like Chanel's in that they don't have a specific number associated with the item. I have never had a SA actually fill one out until my recent purchase after I asked, and he had to unwrap the boxes to do so (I asked since the paper receipts fade and I can't read the date of purchase on them). All of my Dior bags came from Dior stores, and none filled out, so that shows you that they don't really matter much. If you need any repairs, they will just look you up in the system, and they will do any repairs or spa the first year sans charge. After that, they tell authenticity in the repair department much as Chanel does, and not by any card (when you spa a Chanel bag, you don't send in the card with the bag). There is a date type code on Dior bags, but not an authenticity number like you describe for Chanel.

I recently bought a Dior bag and wallet, and there were cards, but like I said, they really don't serve any true purpose. For me, they are just to remind me when I bought them for when the receipt fades, but like I said, they are my only Dior pieces of many that actually have the information filled out on them (date of purchase, place of purchase, sales associate).

Dior's "authentication" cards are not like Chanel's in that they don't have a specific number associated with the item. I have never had a SA actually fill one out until my recent purchase after I asked, and he had to unwrap the boxes to do so (I asked since the paper receipts fade and I can't read the date of purchase on them). All of my Dior bags came from Dior stores, and none filled out, so that shows you that they don't really matter much. If you need any repairs, they will just look you up in the system, and they will do any repairs or spa the first year sans charge. After that, they tell authenticity in the repair department much as Chanel does, and not by any card (when you spa a Chanel bag, you don't send in the card with the bag). There is a date type code on Dior bags, but not an authenticity number like you describe for Chanel.

I recently bought a Dior bag and wallet, and there were cards, but like I said, they really don't serve any true purpose. For me, they are just to remind me when I bought them for when the receipt fades, but like I said, they are my only Dior pieces of many that actually have the information filled out on them (date of purchase, place of purchase, sales associate).

Thanks for the reply! The problem is, I didn't get any card with my wallet, just the receipt, which I should probably take a scan of and store in my computer just in case. I basically took home the wallet with a dustbag and a box, and the receipt, in a shopping bag, nothing else.

Hi! I bought cardholder couple of month ago from the Saks and it has neither authenticity card nor the care booklet. It even came without any box… Just a dust bag…. I also bought the bag couple of weeks ago from the outlet and it does have both the card and booklet. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply! The problem is, I didn't get any card with my wallet, just the receipt, which I should probably take a scan of and store in my computer just in case. I basically took home the wallet with a dustbag and a box, and the receipt, in a shopping bag, nothing else.

Yes, I would definitely scan the receipt, just so you know when it was purchased. :smile:

Yes, I would definitely scan the receipt, just so you know when it was purchased. It would also come in handy for insurance purposes. :smile:

Hi! I bought cardholder couple of month ago from the Saks and it has neither authenticity card nor the care booklet. It even came without any box… Just a dust bag…. I also bought the bag couple of weeks ago from the outlet and it does have both the card and booklet. Hope it helps.

I think you have to ask them if you want a box. I bought a bag from Chanel before and they didn't even ask if I wanted a box, when they passed me the bag at the end of the transaction and I didn't see the box, I had to ask them for a box. The Dior SA from whom I bought my wallet asked me if I wanted a box, that's how I got mine.

I think the designer brands don't give out boxes anymore unless you ask for it. Neither the Chanel or Dior box that I got with my purchases had the descriptions of the items on it, so they were just generic boxes that didn't come specifically with that item. It's kind of sad in a way that that's happened but I guess it saves them a lot of cost and they end up wasting less if people don't end up wanting the boxes.

I think the designer brands don't give out boxes anymore unless you ask for it. Neither the Chanel or Dior box that I got with my purchases had the descriptions of the items on it, so they were just generic boxes that didn't come specifically with that item. It's kind of sad in a way that that's happened but I guess it saves them a lot of cost and they end up wasting less if people don't end up wanting the boxes.

Dior uses generic boxes for most of their accessories, although the boxes have been designed to fit particular items (i.e. certain boxes are made for their square wallets, while others are made for the Lady Dior bag). It's actually nice since it means that Dior actually ships empty boxes to their boutiques for their customers (which is expensive) rather than giving them the box that their bags were shipped to the boutique in.

When SAs don't provide a box, they are not offering the fullest customer service intended by the brand. Some SAs do not like to box a bag because it takes time to find the right box and line it with tissue paper, and some of them feel that they may lose a potential sale this way. So it is not the brand that is getting cheap, it is just less-than-stellar customer service.

And there are customers who don't like boxes because they want to use their purchase right away, or the box will just become garbage at home.