Dilemma! Balenciaga work VS YSL Large Chyc

Balenciaga Work or YSL Large Chyc

• Balenciaga Work

• YSL Large Chyc

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone! Long story short, I was very set on getting a balenciaga work for school/work/travelling. I found one on eBay, got it authenticated but it got lost/stolen in the mail. Now I have started looking at the large ysl chyc and I really like it but the dimensions seem smaller. Anyone has both to compare?

Which do you like better???

Ps I already have the mini chyc but in the new version but I don't mind getting a similar bag!

Attachments

• balenciaga work.jpeg
    balenciaga work.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1,282
  • ysl.jpg
    ysl.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,020
I have both bal work and original design of ysl large cabas chyc in black. They are almost the same size. I love both as they look different though they are both black bags.

thanks! I was worried because the length of the bal work is 18" and the chyc is only 15.5" and I wanted the bag to be kind of oversized looking. Do you have any mod pictures of the two bags?

Thanks! do you have either of the bags? if you do how do they hold up? Also what do you think about the work in the giant 12 (not sure if thats what they call it I'm new to bal!)

No I don't, as I'm not a big bag gal, so can't comment on durability :smile: I have both G21 (the big thimbles, now discontinued) and G12 (the newer, smaller ones) bags, and I think G21 looks better on bigger bags like part time and work as they are more proportionate. But that's just my personal preference :smile: go for what calls out to you more! :smile:

I have a medium cabas and love it...but in this case I would vote the work. I do not like structured bags looking all slouchy. If I wanted a slouchy bag I would buy a slouchy bag, not a structured one that gets sloppy slouchy and that seems to be the case with the large cabas. That's my two cents but at the end of the day it is what you love.

No I don't, as I'm not a big bag gal, so can't comment on durability :smile: I have both G21 (the big thimbles, now discontinued) and G12 (the newer, smaller ones) bags, and I think G21 looks better on bigger bags like part time and work as they are more proportionate. But that's just my personal preference :smile: go for what calls out to you more! :smile:

I'm usually not a big bag girl, but this is going to be my 1st big bag purchase that is why I'm so torn! I want to make sure I make the right decision, and buy something that will last for years. My concern is that the balenciaga will work when I'm younger but won't be as suitable as I get older haha

I have a medium cabas and love it...but in this case I would vote the work. I do not like structured bags looking all slouchy. If I wanted a slouchy bag I would buy a slouchy bag, not a structured one that gets sloppy slouchy and that seems to be the case with the large cabas. That's my two cents but at the end of the day it is what you love.

I know what you mean. I don't mind the slouchiness as much, but I keep going back and forth between both. How does the medium cabas hold up, is the leather difficult to maintain? Thanks!

I know what you mean. I don't mind the slouchiness as much, but I keep going back and forth between both. How does the medium cabas hold up, is the leather difficult to maintain? Thanks!

No not at all. I find the medium holds its shape better then the large. I have also added a base shaper for added support so it doesn't slouch from my items. As with any other leather handbags I suggest using a protectant spray ie. collonil nanopro...water beads right off.

I'm usually not a big bag girl, but this is going to be my 1st big bag purchase that is why I'm so torn! I want to make sure I make the right decision, and buy something that will last for years. My concern is that the balenciaga will work when I'm younger but won't be as suitable as I get older haha

....hmmmm - I'm old. How old is too old for you to carry a Balenciaga?
I don't find that Balenciaga is only for "the young."

No not at all. I find the medium holds its shape better then the large. I have also added a base shaper for added support so it doesn't slouch from my items. As with any other leather handbags I suggest using a protectant spray ie. collonil nanopro...water beads right off.

thanks! the info about the protectant spray really helps, I know this is going a little off topic but does it protect against scuffs and dirt as well?

Also I am thinking of buying the bag pre owned and it seems like the ysl chyc is a lot more expensive pre owned. that's pushing me towards the bal work... haha

....hmmmm - I'm old. How old is too old for you to carry a Balenciaga?
I don't find that Balenciaga is only for "the young."

I guess in my mid thirties I won't know if I would still want to carry a balenciaga, but its my personal opinion. there are a lot of ladies here who carry it really well at that age or later. but i guess my image balenciaga is more of that biker chic style. still confused! :sad: