Advice needed about CLs with skinny heels!

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies, just bought the Troca 140 in black patent and it's a stunning sexy shoe but my friend got me worried because she said she had some skinny heeled CLs and the heels got really damaged quickly and easily just from walking in the street! The heel on the Troca is sculpted so it is very thin at the bottom and then it curves and goes thicker towards the top. If the heel is going to get ruined easily then I may have to consider returning them as it would upset me if this happened!

Can anyone offer advice who has any CLs with skinny heels?

TIA

I bought a pair of skinny Loubs about 2 years ago and I walked down to the hotel lobby, looked down, and realized the heel was bent in the middle already-from 5 min of wear! I took them back to Saks the next day and they gave me a refund. I recently bought another pair of skinny Loubs (fingers crossed this wouldn't happen again) and thankfully there is no bending or anything with the heels :smile:

Hi ladies, just bought the Troca 140 in black patent and it's a stunning sexy shoe but my friend got me worried because she said she had some skinny heeled CLs and the heels got really damaged quickly and easily just from walking in the street! The heel on the Troca is sculpted so it is very thin at the bottom and then it curves and goes thicker towards the top. If the heel is going to get ruined easily then I may have to consider returning them as it would upset me if this happened!

TIA

I have so many pairs of heels with the skinny heel. They are my favorite. I haven't had a problem. I don't want to jinx myself but my two pairs of Sexy 100s have been worn to death. They're at the cobbler now getting vibramed. I guess it just depends on how you walk?

Just to add I would be more worried about my cobbler stocking the correct heel tap. My old cobbler ruined the red on the bottom of the actual heel because he used the normal size and shaved them down. I now have one that special orders the 'peanut' size for me.

Is your question just regular wear and tears on the covered leather part?
Or the fact that the thin heel might break?

For the former, it's inevitable. There are ways of walking that will limit damage. Don't drag your feet, keep your weight on your toes, don't step on your heel first, always imagine you're walking on you tippy toes, cuz you will never know when you might step into a pit and sink your heels into the ground.

If you're worried about the thin heel, then don't drive in them, don't bear weight on your heels when sitting, or basically anything that has the shoe at an angle besides being perfectly perpendicular. Especially the higher the heel and thinner it is, the more you should be worried about... just natural physics. However if you heel is 85mm or less, you don't really need to worry about it that much.

TIA

I've heard a LOT of stories about the heel on the Filo/Fifi snapping as it's a super thin stiletto.

I totally agree with Cec. U should b Aware of your walk in your heels. They aren't tennis shoes and u shouldn't stomp around on the concrete st. Apply pressure to the ball of your foot and don't hurry or walk heavy around in them. If u need a work horse shoe it's not a stiletto.

I have FILO (nude) FIFI (lame) Flo (canary) and armadillo bride (red/magenta). No issues with N e of them.. I've also had feticha and she has a sculpted curved heels. Very easy to walk in, always think about your stride. It should b graceful n light.

I totally agree with Cec. U should b Aware of your walk in your heels. They aren't tennis shoes and u shouldn't stomp around on the concrete st. Apply pressure to the ball of your foot and don't hurry or walk heavy around in them. If u need a work horse shoe it's not a stiletto.

I have FILO (nude) FIFI (lame) Flo (canary) and armadillo bride (red/magenta). No issues with N e of them.. I've also had feticha and she has a sculpted curved heels. Very easy to walk in, always think about your stride. It should b graceful n light.

Thanks for all your comments ladies. I guess I just have to be careful. I have other CLs so I wouldn't be wearing them all the time.

Crystalhowlett - yes I think the Troca heel is the same as the Feticha in the way it's sculpted. So is it easier to walk on a sculpted heel than one that is thinner all the way down? Also have you had any scraping or damage to the heel?

I have so many pairs of heels with the skinny heel. They are my favorite. I haven't had a problem. I don't want to jinx myself but my two pairs of Sexy 100s have been worn to death. They're at the cobbler now getting vibramed. I guess it just depends on how you walk?

Just to add I would be more worried about my cobbler stocking the correct heel tap. My old cobbler ruined the red on the bottom of the actual heel because he used the normal size and shaved them down. I now have one that special orders the 'peanut' size for me.

Sorry to hear that. I'd never thought about that with the cobbler. I would have to be sure they did it properly. So did the heel tips wear down really fast on your Sexys?

Sorry to hear that. I'd never thought about that with the cobbler. I would have to be sure they did it properly. So did the heel tips wear down really fast on your Sexys?

The original tips always wear down very fast no matter the shoe-- for me anyways. The soletech replacements always last a good while though. I just got the Paulina in stone and I adore them but they have the 'peanut' size but in nude. I have been unsuccessful in finding this size and color combo for the nude Sexy and is why I never bought that color, but I just couldn't pass up the Paulina. I guess I'm just not going to wear them as much as I would like.

On the Troca I would imagine the size is between the normal size and the Peanut but I haven't seen the shoe in person yet so I don't know for sure. I'd like to get them in the Parme color.

The original tips always wear down very fast no matter the shoe-- for me anyways. The soletech replacements always last a good while though. I just got the Paulina in stone and I adore them but they have the 'peanut' size but in nude. I have been unsuccessful in finding this size and color combo for the nude Sexy and is why I never bought that color, but I just couldn't pass up the Paulina. I guess I'm just not going to wear them as much as I would like.

On the Troca I would imagine the size is between the normal size and the Peanut but I haven't seen the shoe in person yet so I don't know for sure. I'd like to get them in the Parme color.

I think the Troca is about the same skinniness as the Pauline at the bottom of the heel. It's also a 140 height so it's a lot of height balanced on a tiny point. I do feel a bit unstable in them and almost like the heel might bend and I'm very thin and fairly short!

Someone told me that the Banane is a classic but not being produced this season. Maybe next Autumn/Winter it may return.

Funnily enough I've never had to have replacement tips on any of my CLs and my Decolletes were worn to death before I sold them. I guess I just don't walk long distances in them, just stand up or sit down in bars and restaurants and walk a short distance up the road or to my car or to a taxi.

I'm worried about the heel bending with the Troca or catching it in a paving stone groove. The pavements in the city where I live are not smooth and flat at all!

I think the Troca is about the same skinniness as the Pauline at the bottom of the heel. It's also a 140 height so it's a lot of height balanced on a tiny point. I do feel a bit unstable in them and almost like the heel might bend and I'm very thin and fairly short!

Someone told me that the Banane is a classic but not being produced this season. Maybe next Autumn/Winter it may return.

Funnily enough I've never had to have replacement tips on any of my CLs and my Decolletes were worn to death before I sold them. I guess I just don't walk long distances in them, just stand up or sit down in bars and restaurants and walk a short distance up the road or to my car or to a taxi.

I'm worried about the heel bending with the Troca or catching it in a paving stone groove. The pavements in the city where I live are not smooth and flat at all!
You're a lucky woman :upsidedown: I think that your heels will be safe! Even if the pavements are not regular if you pay attention when you wear them it's ok, I live in Venice so I know what challenging pavement are, I really walk all day, everywere and fast sometimes.. All my heels are good because I've learned that I have to pay attention at the gaps between the tiles.. Just my Belle 100 are ruined but that's my fault and it's a long story..

I really hope you'll enjoy your Troca :heart:

You're a lucky woman :upsidedown: I think that your heels will be safe! Even if the pavements are not regular if you pay attention when you wear them it's ok, I live in Venice so I know what challenging pavement are, I really walk all day, everywere and fast sometimes.. All my heels are good because I've learned that I have to pay attention at the gaps between the tiles.. Just my Belle 100 are ruined but that's my fault and it's a long story..

I really hope you'll enjoy your Troca :heart:

Thanks! Yes, you're right, I just need to be careful how I walk in them and watch where I am stepping!

And if something will ever happen you can always count on a good cobbler, MM7 could fix and resolve everything! Expecially if it's black patent! Could be annoying I know but at least if something happen they're not ruined irremediably :smile:

Last edited: