Please help! Chanel or Hermes?

akimoto

Innocent Bystander
O.G.
Mar 4, 2011
Hi all,

I'll be going to Europe with DH for 4 weeks next month. I want to travel before baby plans and Europe (Italy, Barcelona, London, Paris) is my last on my list :smile:

Now I am allowing myself 1 tote bag and 1 clutch (on top of shoes and SLGs of course ;) because hey there's a significant price difference between Euro prices and Australian). My options are:

1. Hermes all leather GP in black or cassis and Chanel kisslock clutch in black or red

2. Chanel GST in black with SHW and Hermes Jige in any colour really.

My current Humble Chanel collection is just ML black carviar with GHW and camellia WOC in red patent. I only have 1 Hermes herbag.

Also, which store would have more stock? I heard they have more available in Paris H, is that true?

Hi! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Yes, there is more stock in Paris for all things H. You have some lovely options that you are considering. If you find a jige in Paris, I say go for it as it will be a bigger price discount for you than chanel. Though I adore my kisslock clutches, they are much more readily available where I live so I suggest trying to purchase the harder to find items in Paris as long as you love it. If your budget permits, you may even be offered something special and unexpected at H as you do not need a long standing relationship with an SA in Paris. Regarding Chanel, I highly recommend the flagship store on Rue Cambon.... Great service, amazing SA's and great stock! Good luck! have a great time!

I say go with the Chanel GST and Hermes Jige :smile: Best of luck and I hope you and your DH have a lot of fun :smile:

Thanks LVDragon :smile: We're looking forward to our long awaited holiday :biggrin: Is Hermes Jige hard to find in stores?

I got the Garden Party and ended up not loving the fact that you can not put it over your shoulder and it is completely wide open.

I have seen some TPF'ers carrying it over the shoulder thou, is this not for everyone? What about the shoulder GP? I like to carry bags halfway through my arm (broken-wing style, sorry don't know how to explain this) and sometimes with the Giant balenciaga city bag, I am able to carry it over my shoulder depending on what I am wearing. I guess I need to try it on.

Why did you not like that it is wide open? I am thinking if we are planning for a family, the GP might be a good diaper bag! A very classy one indeed.

I have a garden party and it's quite bland to me, get the chanel :smile:

Did you put twillies or charms on the bag? If I get the GP, I would either tie a bow or wrap the handles to dress it up abit. :graucho:

I would get a jige and the gst but maybe a variation because it is soo common now

What about the h double sens

Thanks for the advise! I did look at the double sens but didn't fancy how it looks flat. Would it have a funny shape once I dump things in the bag? It's nice thou, to have 2 colour options in one!

Last edited:
Hi! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Yes, there is more stock in Paris for all things H. You have some lovely options that you are considering. If you find a jige in Paris, I say go for it as it will be a bigger price discount for you than chanel. Though I adore my kisslock clutches, they are much more readily available where I live so I suggest trying to purchase the harder to find items in Paris as long as you love it. If your budget permits, you may even be offered something special and unexpected at H as you do not need a long standing relationship with an SA in Paris. Regarding Chanel, I highly recommend the flagship store on Rue Cambon.... Great service, amazing SA's and great stock! Good luck! have a great time!

Thanks! DH and I are looking forward to our trip. Good point. We don't have an Hermes store in Perth, only way to get anything is travel or online. I think I might not be able to stop myself if I see something I love in H-Paris! :graucho: Are H prices the same around Euro, say Barcelona or Italy? Paris is my last stop and I might check out every H store within my destinations!

I can't wait to go to Chanel flagship store on Rue Cambon, love the history, love the white paper bag :graucho: Is Kisslock clutch and GST easily available in Rue Cambon? If it is, what I might do is go to H first and see what I can find and then to Chanel. I am not implying that Hermes is better than Chanel (I love love love Chanel!) but since the items I'm eyeing from Chanel are not hard to find like classic flaps, I have a better chance at acquiring my "wanted" items from Chanel. Is that a good idea? There's just so much I want! Like the camellia jelly flats, single strand pearl necklace etc.... The list just goes on.................

Thanks! DH and I are looking forward to our trip. Good point. We don't have an Hermes store in Perth, only way to get anything is travel or online. I think I might not be able to stop myself if I see something I love in H-Paris! :graucho: Are H prices the same around Euro, say Barcelona or Italy? Paris is my last stop and I might check out every H store within my destinations!

I can't wait to go to Chanel flagship store on Rue Cambon, love the history, love the white paper bag :graucho: Is Kisslock clutch and GST easily available in Rue Cambon? If it is, what I might do is go to H first and see what I can find and then to Chanel. I am not implying that Hermes is better than Chanel (I love love love Chanel!) but since the items I'm eyeing from Chanel are not hard to find like classic flaps, I have a better chance at acquiring my "wanted" items from Chanel. Is that a good idea? There's just so much I want! Like the camellia jelly flats, single strand pearl necklace etc.... The list just goes on.................

It sounds to me like your idea is a good one. You will more easily find Hermes items on your trip, and since you are not seeking anything hard to find from Chanel, you can just go there and buy something that catches your eye. :smile:

This is all very exciting... can tell you are really looking forward to it! Don't worry, I too love both H and Chanel. Yes, Kisslocks and GST are fairly easy to find. It used to be that Chanel, LV, and Hermes were just slightly less in France versus other European countries. I am not quite sure that is still the case, though. The shopping and sight seeing in Paris is wonderful! I always feel like a kid in a candy store! I think you have a good shopping plan! Hope you find some special goodies on your travels! Wishing you a safe and Happy holiday!:smile:

I would go with GST or some other Chanel tote you may like while in Paris. I wouldn't go with the Garden Party, it's too plain. I was lucky, because I got tired of that bag before buying it. If you would like to go Hermes, I would suggest the Bolide. Have a very pleasant trip to Europe; Barcelona, Roma, London, and Paris are all excellent choices. :smile:

It sounds to me like your idea is a good one. You will more easily find Hermes items on your trip, and since you are not seeking anything hard to find from Chanel, you can just go there and buy something that catches your eye. :smile:

Thanks for supporting! I don't mind getting Hermes from any store but with Chanel, it must be from Rue Cambon :giggles: It's been my dream to shop there since watching the film Coco Chanel. I know, it's not the original store but still this one has got so much history!

Thanks LVDragon :smile: We're looking forward to our long awaited holiday :biggrin: Is Hermes Jige hard to find in stores?

I hope you have a lot of fun and make new and wonderful memories :biggrin:
I'm not sure, but finding a Jige for me is hard to find. Especially in Black.

Yes I hope so! :biggrin: Was Jige hard to find in general or because you are specifically looking for black?

This is all very exciting... can tell you are really looking forward to it! Don't worry, I too love both H and Chanel. Yes, Kisslocks and GST are fairly easy to find. It used to be that Chanel, LV, and Hermes were just slightly less in France versus other European countries. I am not quite sure that is still the case, though. The shopping and sight seeing in Paris is wonderful! I always feel like a kid in a candy store! I think you have a good shopping plan! Hope you find some special goodies on your travels! Wishing you a safe and Happy holiday!:smile:

That is what I've heard that Paris does have slightly cheaper prices. I hope someone can chime in on this. I have got my itinerary planned out for Paris, that's why it's more exciting because I've heard and seen in all in photos and TV but it's different to be there to see, touch, smell! I hope to find some goodies too! Especially at La Vallee outlets! Anyone been there, any good deals on shoes or accessories?

I would go with GST or some other Chanel tote you may like while in Paris. I wouldn't go with the Garden Party, it's too plain. I was lucky, because I got tired of that bag before buying it. If you would like to go Hermes, I would suggest the Bolide. Have a very pleasant trip to Europe; Barcelona, Roma, London, and Paris are all excellent choices. :smile:

Yes the GST is more dressy and louder than the Garden party but do you think GP is plain even with twillies? Thanks for your suggestion, I did look at the Bolide and checked the price and with that price range, I would rather put that towards a classic Kelly. What do you think? Oh no, I am stretching my budget more and more if I get lucky at H-Paris. DH might snap! :lolots: We are planning to start a family soon so I think it's best not to have a b or k in mind now. :cool: