Anyone else not really feeling the straw totes

Hahahaha too funny!

I like them as a situational bag, like for use at a nice beach resort or maybe going to a pool or garden party.

I've been to quite a few beach resorts where you have your own cabana and it is the norm to see women walking around in bathing suits with heels and a fancy straw bag, they'd be perfect for that lol

Yeah, other than a beach tote I don't see what they'd be good for. I don't think I would want to risk taking an expensive bag like that to the beach where it could get ruined! I for sure wouldn't spend $300+ for a bag mostly made out of straw (especially because it could easily break!) I'd rather put my $300 towards an all-purpose bag made of leather. Then again, I'm not rich enough to buy situational bags, haha!

I was looking at Coach's website this morning and stopped on the straw totes for a minute. They kind of remind me of what would happen if you left a basket and a legacy bag alone too long. Opinions?

I love the look of them, but personally would not want to allocate that much of my budget to a limited use seasonal bag. That's just me. If I found one at an outlet I'd consider it. I used to have a "faux straw" (raffia) tote years ago that I loved for summer.

Yeah, other than a beach tote I don't see what they'd be good for. I don't think I would want to risk taking an expensive bag like that to the beach where it could get ruined! I for sure wouldn't spend $300+ for a bag mostly made out of straw (especially because it could easily break!) I'd rather put my $300 towards an all-purpose bag made of leather. Then again, I'm not rich enough to buy situational bags, haha!

I love the look of them, but personally would not want to allocate that much of my budget to a limited use seasonal bag. That's just me. If I found one at an outlet I'd consider it. I used to have a "faux straw" (raffia) tote years ago that I loved for summer.

Exactly, I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase one but if I found a smoking deal at the outlet I'd consider one!

I have a MK straw bag that I got for super cheap maybe $90? I can't wait to take it on a beach vacation but I know that even though it was relatively inexpensive I will still worry about it!

I'm not really into straw bags in general, especially at that price. I'm also not into nylon, jacquard, canvas, fabric, etc. I'm a leather fiend. Bags. Belts. Boots. Jackets. I LOVE MY LEATHER!

I like the look of some of them but I don't think I would carry one. Some of them look like baskets. I don't think they would be comfortable to carry. I like the softness of leather. I also think they would be hard to keep clean.

I'm not into straw bags. Just not worth the money to me. I like bags with a little more substance. Plus I'm not a beach girl so I would probably have no use for one.

I don't understand why so many people equate straw bags solely with the beach. I use mine everywhere in the summer--and I live no where near a beach!:lol:

I agree with both of you. Not into straw totes at all, especially for the price! And even though I'm not a beach lover either, I would still consider the straw if I liked them ;)