Stupid on line sale..

Feb 21, 2009
Ok, last week I ordered a bag from the online sale, today I go in and check status on it, and it says canceled, wth. So I call them and they tell me that they don't have any, and they are trying to see if they can locate 1. I ask how long will they have my money since I paid with paypal, she said she didn't know I would have to call paypal. So I call paypal, and they say that Coach has to cancel the payment for it to go back into my paypal account. How long do I wait for them to see if they find a bag or not? Some of the money will be coming out of my checking account, just don't want to wait a couple of weeks.
Has anyone else had this happen? Oh and the bag is still showing available on the online sale.

Oh no! That stinks! I was reading somewhere too that if you pay with your Paypal on the FOS and want to return a bag you need to ship it back? Can't take it to a outlet or FP store?? Not sure how that would work but it's so annoying that if we pay with PayPal we get kinda shafted..sorry they canceled your order. I hope you get it all resolved sooner than a couple weeks

Oh no! That stinks! I was reading somewhere too that if you pay with your Paypal on the FOS and want to return a bag you need to ship it back? Can't take it to a outlet or FP store?? Not sure how that would work but it's so annoying that if we pay with PayPal we get kinda shafted..sorry they canceled your order. I hope you get it all resolved sooner than a couple weeks

Thanks, me too. I was hoping it would come tomorrow, so disappointed.

I quit using Paypal to purchase anywhere except ebay. I didn't know what problems it could be if I needed to return something until a few months ago. I bought boots on another site using Paypal and needed to exchange for another size. What a hassle! They wouldn't honor my cyber Monday deal; something they normally would do. I ended up just returning them and it took them 2 weeks to refund me. It's tempting to hit that Paypal button because it is so easy but I've learned my lesson--Paypal is for ebay only for me.

I found that I can return bags purchased with PayPal to the outlet store, but they will ONLY give store credit. Since I have no problem with that it works OK for me. (The store credit can be used in FP or outlet stores.)

So you made the purchase through the FOS? I had that happen to me before too...not with PayPal but showing it was available and getting an email a day later that the order was canceled. I am not sure why they can't figure out how to make that info realtime.

Very frustrating...especially if they have your money through PayPal!