Prada Saffiano Double Zip Quality is Awful

KL1

Jan 18, 2013
I bought a Patent Saffiano double zip tote in January, the first one I had once I got it home I realised that a small patch of patent was missing on the back of the bag, so I returned it for another. Now my second bag has lost the stitch which is under the side popper, it now looks like it has two small holes in it, almost like its had a staple in it and I've took it out and it's only February! This bag will be in pieces by this time next year. I don't even want it sending to Prada for repair, I want my money back. For the money that I paid, there is just no quality, in addition to the above issues there also seems to be 'glue' coming off the bag in strings. I'm forever picking it off because it just hangs off and looks messy. The quality of these bags is absolutely awful. Anyone else had this sort of experience? And would you return or get repaired?

I brought a Saffiano double zip long flap wallet a few months back whilst on holiday. Everything seemed fine, but when I got home I notice the leather lining on the inside toward the corner of the flap has come apart, or either the stitching has come a apart.
I showed my partner, he saw that it was actually cut short, I was soo angry, nothing can be done since it was brought overseas. My partner ended up gluing it back for me which worked, but I would have a preferred and expected better quality and quality control from Prada.

I'm waiting for someone from Prada to call me back regarding this today as it's not a case of just popping to store and returning as I don't live near one! Hopefully they can offer me some sort of postal return (any ideas if this happens?) I've read quite a few stories on this forum regarding quality and I chose to ignore at the time but I wish I hadn't now.

I've been offered a full refund, but I still need to somehow get the bag back to the shop...

I think I'll take my money and go to Dior or Chanel and hope the quality is better.

I'm disappointed to hear the decline in quality of such a high end brand. I really love the saffiano lux tote and now i need to think about whether i want to spend the money on something with quality issues.

Hope those with problems get them solve to their satisfaction. Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing.

Prada has had some quality issues in the past ('bleeding' Fairies, cervo luxe, pleather linings, made in China) but IMO Prada was still sort of under the radar then. That all changed with these saffiano totes that they are churning out by the thousands. Sort of inevitable that there would be more problems.
I walked away from Prada when the totes took off in popularity. I don't like being on trend so I went elsewhere. I have the Prada 'itch' again, but I will be on the lookout for the older bags.

Prada has had some quality issues in the past ('bleeding' Fairies, cervo luxe, pleather linings, made in China) but IMO Prada was still sort of under the radar then. That all changed with these saffiano totes that they are churning out by the thousands. Sort of inevitable that there would be more problems.
I walked away from Prada when the totes took off in popularity. I don't like being on trend so I went elsewhere. I have the Prada 'itch' again, but I will be on the lookout for the older bags.

ITA. I had not been looking at bags for a while and hadn't been on tPF. When I came back to the Prada forum all I saw was saffiano totes. One after another--almost every reveal on the forum; it was truly boring. Four or five years ago there were fun bags to look at, everyone was getting something different. There is nothing exciting or interesting coming out of Prada--but why try if you're making millions off of one bag style. Quality and imagination have departed.

Last week I posted on the LV forum debating about wether to get the saffiano double zipper bag or the alma. I finally went for the Prada and got it on the weekend. I was so excited as it was my first Prada but that excitement turned to disappointment two days later when u got it out to use it. I noticed the leather around the zipper near the handles is wrinkle. I tried to press on it to smooth it out but nothing work. I them inspected the whole bag thoroughly and I notice wrinkle leather again near the stitching of the corners. I was so upset, I took the bag and returned it that day. The sa offered to order a new one but I didn't want to. For $1960 I expected much better quality. Sad...

Reactions: EmNYC
Sorry to hear this has happened :sad: I bought a saffiano double zip nero BN2274 from Prada Sydney a few days ago ($1950AU if any fellow Australians are interested! also think the next size up comes without a strap but is only around $30 more), and I thoroughly inspected the bag before I bought it - the first they brought out the material they use to seal the top of the bag was slightly rubbed off so I told them I wanted a different one. They were very apologetic etc but didn't stop me from double checking every mm of the next one they gave me (probably thought I was a bit strange)! Nothing bad has happened yet, but it is early days. I'm just crossing my fingers because it is such a gorgeous classic bag.

I bought a Patent Saffiano double zip tote in January, the first one I had once I got it home I realised that a small patch of patent was missing on the back of the bag, so I returned it for another. Now my second bag has lost the stitch which is under the side popper, it now looks like it has two small holes in it, almost like its had a staple in it and I've took it out and it's only February! This bag will be in pieces by this time next year. I don't even want it sending to Prada for repair, I want my money back. For the money that I paid, there is just no quality, in addition to the above issues there also seems to be 'glue' coming off the bag in strings. I'm forever picking it off because it just hangs off and looks messy. The quality of these bags is absolutely awful. Anyone else had this sort of experience? And would you return or get repaired?
Hi KL1,

I also facing the same problem like you. One of the zip screw came out from the zip handle!!! Couldn't accept it as I just got it ( bn2316 in green colour) within 24hours!!!! The next day I decided to return it and got my money back. Not worth to pay such a high price for a poorest quality handbag!

Reactions: EmNYC
I bought prada saffiano double zip in march 2013 from Sydney store, such a beautiful bag, and the day after I realised the stitching came out, i was so sad but I love the color ( I got the red one) and i love the classic model thats why I agree when they offered to repair the bag.
After 1 month, I got it back and you know what after I took her out a few times the long strap leather start to peel off and the wax that covered the lining start cracking:crybaby::crybaby:
Should I send it to be fix? Or refund? Can I do refund after purchased it over than 2 months?however my saffiano has been fixed for a month before helpp