Monogram misalignment???

Manila128

O.G.
Jun 10, 2012
I just purchased a mono sac plat at an LV boutique yesterday and since I knew what I wanted, I didn't look too closely at the bag before it was wrapped up. When I took it put and examined it today, however, I noticed that the monogram on the bottom is misaligned:sad: I have read many posts online that this is a sign that a bag may be counterfeit, which I know this one is not, but I am concerned that if I ever try to resell or even if I don't, it may be perceived as a fake.

Am I going nuts/being too picky?

Does anyone have any insight? Does this happen frequently on monogram bags? I would appreciate your input!!! Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 791
I just purchased a mono sac plat at an LV boutique yesterday and since I knew what I wanted, I didn't look too closely at the bag before it was wrapped up. When I took it put and examined it today, however, I noticed that the monogram on the bottom is misaligned:sad: I have read many posts online that this is a sign that a bag may be counterfeit, which I know this one is not, but I am concerned that if I ever try to resell or even if I don't, it may be perceived as a fake.

Am I going nuts/being too picky?

Does anyone have any insight? Does this happen frequently on monogram bags? I would appreciate your input!!! Thanks.

Sorry! I am on my ipad and the rest of the pics did not seem to upload...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 764
Interesting question.
Bring it back to the boutique and see what they have to say. I was never clear on the alignment issue in the past.
(Sac Plat is a lovely choice by the way!)

It looks like every other Sac Plat I've ever seen. But there are slight variances to the alignment bag to bag... go check them all over if you wish! But I see nothing wrong with yours. And I'm an alignment-snob, lol. :smile: It's the only reason I didn't pull the trigger on the new Metis hobo. I didn't like the side view, the misalignment on either side of that glazed edge. Looked wrong to me. :sad: I hope LV doesn't start to not care how the pattern lines up. That would make me sad.

It looks like every other Sac Plat I've ever seen. But there are slight variances to the alignment bag to bag... go check them all over if you wish! But I see nothing wrong with yours. And I'm an alignment-snob, lol. :smile: It's the only reason I didn't pull the trigger on the new Metis hobo. I didn't like the side view, the misalignment on either side of that glazed edge. Looked wrong to me. :sad: I hope LV doesn't start to not care how the pattern lines up. That would make me sad.

There are definately slight variances in alignment. Yours reminds me a bit of the side seam on my DE NF. Mine is a little less pronounced than yours, but I still noticed it. The squares on my DE are just a very teensy weensy little bit off one one side. My DA is perfect, but I think that is kind of rare. I do not think it would call into question authenticity. I personally would keep it.