Help! Did I buy the wrong size?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I posted in the sizing thread a couple of times with no luck, so I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting here! Mods please feel free to move this over.

I purchased a pair of the Bianca 140 in black patent in a size 37.5. My true CL size is all over the place but I guess it's a 38 (with some heel slippage) although my Pigalle 120 are 37. My HPs are 38. VPs in 38 had a lot of heel slippage. So basically I sized down half a size for the Biancas. Felt perfect at first but very snug in the toe box but I could deal with it. I felt the toe box might stretch. I tried them on around the house and started to feel slight heel slippage. As I wanted to wear these with opaque tights as well as bare feet I was worried about the shoes feeling too loose (even though I could not see a gap at the back), so considered changing them for a 37 (full size down from TTS).

During a trip to London I visited a CL boutique and tried on a 37 and they were very tight. The SA was adamant these were the correct size. She kept saying, "trust me that is your size." She said as long as they actually can get onto my feet, that's the correct size because they stretch out loads. In hindsight I'm wondering if this only applies to people with wider feet as it's the width that stretches out not the length, and as I have narrow feet, tightness in the width of the shoe is never a problem.

Anyway, on the advice of the SA, when I got home I changed my 37.5s for the 37s at my local boutique. I wore them out for a couple of hours yesterday and they were sooooooooo tight. Not just in the toe box but my heel is pushed up right to the back of the shoe. The only good thing was at least they felt secure on my foot and I walked easily in them apart from the toe pain because there was no danger of them coming off my foot.

I have really narrow feet. I can't tell if the length is right because I don't know if the correct length means your feet should fill the whole shoe or still leave you with a good amount of space at the front. My big toe is right near the end. As my feet are so narrow I'm not used to shoes feeling tight as normally I'm swimming in them. The shoes are most painful on my pinkie toes.

Have I bought the wrong size? Will they stretch? Or should I have stuck with the 37.5? I hate padding shoes and was worried about slippage in tights. The 37s are tight even when my feet are cold and even wearing tights, so I dread to think what they will be like when my feet get hot and swell up and when I wear them with bare feet.

Please help! TIA.

I got a pair of Bianca 140s in my TTS because they were perfect like that initially. After only about 3 wears they've stretched out and go flying off my feet now because the heel slippage is so bad. I would personally stick it out a bit longer as they will stretch.

I got a pair of Bianca 140s in my TTS because they were perfect like that initially. After only about 3 wears they've stretched out and go flying off my feet now because the heel slippage is so bad. I would personally stick it out a bit longer as they will stretch.

Thanks for your reply. But I went a full size down. Maybe a full size down is a bit much. Perhaps I should've just stuck with the half size down but I didn't know how much worse the slippage would get. At least at the moment I know they won't slip off because they're completely wedged onto my feet!!

Thanks for your reply. But I went a full size down. Maybe a full size down is a bit much. Perhaps I should've just stuck with the half size down but I didn't know how much worse the slippage would get. At least at the moment I know they won't slip off because they're completely wedged onto my feet!!

I size half size down from my VP size in Bianca 120, I just bought my first pair of 140 and they are tight but I can tell they will stretch and be ok.

I size half size down from my VP size in Bianca 120, I just bought my first pair of 140 and they are tight but I can tell they will stretch and be ok.

Are your Bianca 140s a half size down as well? The half size down was tight in toe box but getting loose in the back. It was probably a perfect fit because I could tell the toe box would stretch a bit but the full size down I exchanged them for is seriously tight everywhere. My feet don't move in them at all and my big toe is right at the end of the shoe. Luckily my toes aren't curled over, so that's a start! I'm just not used to having a shoe feel tight at the back as normally all shoes are loose on my thin heels. The SA was so adamant that I should purchase the full size down though!

Last edited:
Are your Bianca 140s a half size down as well? The half size down was tight in toe box but getting loose in the back. It was probably a perfect fit because I could tell the toe box would stretch a bit but the full size down I exchanged them for is seriously tight everywhere. My feet don't move in them at all and my big toe is right at the end of the shoe. Luckily my toes aren't curled over, so that' s start! I'm just not used to having a shoe feel tight at the back as normally all shoes are loose on my thin heels. The SA was so adamant that I should purchase the full size down though!

Yes I got the 140 in half size down also. The Bianca has a low heel cup so that might account for heel slippage, especially if you have thin heels.

Yes I got the 140 in half size down also. The Bianca has a low heel cup so that might account for heel slippage, especially if you have thin heels.

And do you feel like your toes are right at the end of the shoe? Just tried them on again when I get home from work and they felt a bit better. Just worried how they'll feel when my feet swell!

And do you feel like your toes are right at the end of the shoe? Just tried them on again when I get home from work and they felt a bit better. Just worried how they'll feel when my feet swell!

Yes I feel like my toes are right at the end. What I am doing to do with the 140 is stretch using the sock trink and then use a removable pad so when my feet swell I can take the pad out.

The things we do for pretty shoes! :P

Yes I feel like my toes are right at the end. What I am doing to do with the 140 is stretch using the sock trink and then use a removable pad so when my feet swell I can take the pad out.

The things we do for pretty shoes! :P

Good idea! I know, my boyfriend says he's so glad he doesn't have to wear heels! lol! How do they feel at the back? Very tight against your heel?

Good idea! I know, my boyfriend says he's so glad he doesn't have to wear heels! lol! How do they feel at the back? Very tight against your heel?

The 140 are very tight, but my foot does not feel swished, but they are going to take some breaking in before I can wear them for any length of time. The 120 actually feel alot better right away, but I still have to do stretching on them to get them where I want them.

I just bought a pair of patent Bianca's in December, and when they arrived I nearly had a heart attack. I could barely fit my toes in the toe box. They were my first pair so I can't really comment on how much I sized down, I took them in 36, and my other pair I took the same size because they're suede.
They fit great lengthwise, I wouldn't have wanted to go up a size because I HATE heel slippage and padding shoes.
I had to get a little creative stretching the toe box because it was so tight, but I did a lot of the sock trick, and even put socks under stockings because they slip on so much easier with the stockings.
I looked a little ridiculous, but it worked! They now fit perfect. Half a size up and I would have been slipping out of them.
And because they're so snug on my feet, I can practically run in them.

I say stick it out, they'll be so comfy and worth it when the toe box is molded to your foot.
Good luck!

I just bought a pair of patent Bianca's in December, and when they arrived I nearly had a heart attack. I could barely fit my toes in the toe box. They were my first pair so I can't really comment on how much I sized down, I took them in 36, and my other pair I took the same size because they're suede.
They fit great lengthwise, I wouldn't have wanted to go up a size because I HATE heel slippage and padding shoes.
I had to get a little creative stretching the toe box because it was so tight, but I did a lot of the sock trick, and even put socks under stockings because they slip on so much easier with the stockings.
I looked a little ridiculous, but it worked! They now fit perfect. Half a size up and I would have been slipping out of them.
And because they're so snug on my feet, I can practically run in them.

I say stick it out, they'll be so comfy and worth it when the toe box is molded to your foot.
Good luck!

Thanks for the reassurance! So what is your normal size in other shoes? I wonder if you went a full size down or only half? I know what you mean about tights making them easier to put on as mine are difficult to put on when my feet a bare. Having said that, in some ways they feel more uncomfortable when I wear tights because my feet slide forward and press more into the toe box.

i had that problem with mine. very annoying so i think next time ill go a size smaller :smile:

I generally wear a 7.5 in most shoes (Jimmy Choo, CL, Prada..) in the Bianca's I went down to a 7. I have had them for about two years and I find that I have a little heel slippage, but nothing too serious. They have stretched a little but still fit well. I have a few other pairs of CL's but in a 7.5, but they're embellished and don't seem to be stretching!

I personally would stick it out. I used to consistently be 35-35.5 in CLs, but I have several Biancas ( I have a couple of 140s and 120) in 34.5 that have stretched and I pad them now. I would get 34 but the size is very hard to find!