On the eve of a price hike

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
There were so many people in LV today, I had to think they were the tPFers who all knew about the price increase. I didn't go to my usual small LV boutique, but the full service LV in the O.C.

I was there for about an hour and you probably thought there was a clearance sale going on in this boutique... I guess in the LV world, the night before a price hike is kind of like our "sale". :lol:

There were lines to pay for items, lines to get a SA to help you and there were literally nowhere to sit. And kid you not, you had to wait in line just a bit to even look at yourself in the mirror. It was like that pretty much all day.

If you missed going to a boutique today, I don't think you missed much. In fact, I will gladly pay the few hundred bucks in increase to get the service and attention you get at LV on any other normal day.

Needless to say, I walked out not getting a single LV item.

Rant over. Thanks for reading. :biggrin:

Last edited:
There were so many people in LV today, I had to think they were the tPFers who all knew about the price increase. I didn't go to my usual small LV boutique, but the full service LV in the O.C.

I was there for about an hour and you probably thought there was a clearance sale going on in this boutique...

There were lines to pay for items, lines to get a SA to help you and there were literally nowhere to sit. It was like that pretty much all day.

If you missed going to a boutique today, I don't think you missed much. In fact I will gladly pay the few hundred bucks in increase to get the service an attention you get at LV.

Rant over. Thanks for reading. ;)
Sounds like the shopping experience I try to AVOID. This is why I never go Black Friday/Boxing Day shopping!

I was in the store yesterday and also felt like it was overly crowded. My SA described it perfectly as "You would think it was Christmas in February". As of tomorrow it will be back to its normal attentive, customer service oriented, luxury destination.

Hello there sister!
I edited above in my opening post that i walked out with NADA..ZILCH...

But I did walk right into Burberry and bought a silk gauze scarf. And they gave me ice water. :graucho:

Congrats on your scarf at least. I know!! I'd hate to imagine the long lines at LV. I think I'd gladly pay a lil more for the service and some quiet time as well. The mad rush for everything brings out the worst in people and you could lose an arm!

Hello there sister!
I edited above in my opening post that i walked out with NADA..ZILCH...

But I did walk right into Burberry and bought a silk gauze scarf. And they gave me ice water. :graucho:

Congrats on the scarf! Love a good scarf.

I celebrated the increase by buying my longed-for Rivington pochette.

I was there for about an hour and you probably thought there was a clearance sale going on in this boutique... I guess in the LV world, the night before a price hike is kind of like our "sale". :lol:

There were lines to pay for items, lines to get a SA to help you and there were literally nowhere to sit. And kid you not, you had to wait in line just a bit to even look at yourself in the mirror. It was like that pretty much all day.

If you missed going to a boutique today, I don't think you missed much. In fact, I will gladly pay the few hundred bucks in increase to get the service and attention you get at LV on any other normal day.

Needless to say, I walked out not getting a single LV item.

Rant over. Thanks for reading. :biggrin:
goodness gracious...if i lived a little closer, i'd have driven over a bottle of wine for you. ;)

i'm so sorry you walked into "as if it were the last day of the Mohicans, LV crazy town!"

so happy you picked up a beautiful Burberry scarf though - congrats & peace out!

I went to 5th Ave LV and they were crowded but not out of control there were enough SA's to service the crowd. They didn't have what I was looking for so they suggested I walk down a few blocks to Saks LV which I did and it was out of control so crowded and unorganized - but I got the attention of a really nice SA and I was able to make my purchase :smile:. I give the SA's a lot of credit because I could never do that job. There were so many rude customers who just seemed crazed!

goodness gracious...if i lived a little closer, i'd have driven over a bottle of wine for you. ;)

i'm so sorry you walked into "as if it were the last day of the Mohicans, LV crazy town!"

so happy you picked up a beautiful Burberry scarf though - congrats & peace out!

This price increase has caused me to be in a state of panic, driving me crazy! I did buy the Raspail MM online last night and I am putting myself on the banned club :smile: I love my LV collection and I may have to stay off this purse forum too because I fall in love with every LV bag:smile: