Post your purse disasters here!

iggystar

Nov 4, 2005
Let's grieve and move on....:smile:

Ok, my very first Coach. British Tan small duffle sac. I left it at home when I moved out and my sister got hold of it. Ink spots and horribly damaged.

Then the burgundy bag which I cleaned too much and faded the color.

Finally my black Janice Legacy (oh, it still smarts). The one and only purse my ex-husband bought me. I left it in my car unattended to drop off my DD. I must have forgot to lock the door because three minutes and it was stolen. I had a really nice Dooney IT wraparound wallet in it, my favorite cell phone and several MAC lipglasses/pencils. I still miss that bag....

My biggest purse disaster... hmm. I'd just bought an LV Speedy 25 in white murakami which I'd saved up for for months, and I went to the bar with it. I got in an argument with my best friend's significant other, who I had found out was cheating on her. When I threatened to tell her, he poured his green apple martini into -- I mean LITERALLY INTO-- my Louis Vuitton and completely ruined the inside of it.

...I got him kicked out of the bar by a bartender who said if he'd done that to her LV she'd have killed him. But still. I CRIED.

last summer i had my black sig duffle on the counter in our kitchen....i went outside for a bit. When i came back in there was a cup laying next to it, on its side....i ran over to it and it was my husbands SPIT CUP!!!!! ( yeah, nasty, he chews). i was pissed! thank goodness it the purse was black and thank goodness even more i got the yucky smell out. Boys are gross. lol

My biggest purse disaster... hmm. I'd just bought an LV Speedy 25 in white murakami which I'd saved up for for months, and I went to the bar with it. I got in an argument with my best friend's significant other, who I had found out was cheating on her. When I threatened to tell her, he poured his green apple martini into -- I mean LITERALLY INTO-- my Louis Vuitton and completely ruined the inside of it.

...I got him kicked out of the bar by a bartender who said if he'd done that to her LV she'd have killed him. But still. I CRIED.

What a great friend you were...not only to stand up for your friend but to sacrifice your Murakami in the process.

I would have cried, too.

My husband bought me a pink Coach signature & pink suede bag + matching Hat and wallet at Coach Hawaii on our Honeymoon. It was the first suede item I had ever owned. I had tons of other Coach purses. I used it proudly every day for a month once it arrived and then I noticed that the suede bottom and corners were just BLACK, completely ruined.

I'll never buy a suede purse again. And my husband says he'll never buy me a purse again.

I loved that purse to death.

last summer i had my black sig duffle on the counter in our kitchen....i went outside for a bit. When i came back in there was a cup laying next to it, on its side....i ran over to it and it was my husbands SPIT CUP!!!!! ( yeah, nasty, he chews). i was pissed! thank goodness it the purse was black and thank goodness even more i got the yucky smell out. Boys are gross. lol
that was horrible !

I had a Brighton bag that I purchased in Dallas well over 13 years ago, and I loved that bag. It had a very long shoulder strap, but I still loved it, even though I had every intention to shorten it to fit me. Well, I was driving home from work, and I threw the bag in the back seat of the car like I usually did, and took off for home. When I got home I discovered that the shoulder strap had been caught in the car door for the entire trip home.....through slushy wet snow, and a dirt road for extra measure. Well, it was ruined beyond repair. I was furious at the time and I mourned over that bag for quite a while.

My husband bought me a pink Coach signature & pink suede bag + matching Hat and wallet at Coach Hawaii on our Honeymoon. It was the first suede item I had ever owned. I had tons of other Coach purses. I used it proudly every day for a month once it arrived and then I noticed that the suede bottom and corners were just BLACK, completely ruined.

I'll never buy a suede purse again. And my husband says he'll never buy me a purse again.

I loved that purse to death.

I have a pink Coach signature with suedue corners, and I have noticed that they get pretty dirty. I also own a light blue Celine suede wallet that shows a lot of dirt after a couple of months of use. I use both a suede eraser as well as Applegarde sueder cleaner. I can't say they are looking like new, but they are doing pretty well.

I would like to add that any suede purse that I owned was a disaster within itself because it was like a dirt magnet, and I could never carry one next to denim....no way. This is a fun forum. :yes: :yes:

I would never buy a suede purse again. Bought a caramel suede Ghurka and looked shiny and streaked with dirt within a week. Bought it because it cost $99 at the Ghurkha outlet in Woodbury Common. Never again will price seduce me.
As far as purchasing errors, I don't love my MJ Faridah -- just too lunky. My Mulberry Rosemary is on the small bag, but nice for a "ladies who lunch" bag.

o my o my your stories!!!!!!!!!! :sad: im sosoo sorry someone poured a drink into your LV is someone did that to my LV i would Steal their wallet and everything in it would fund my new one haha

and EWW boys are gross! spit cup on your bag blah!

im sorry ladies!!!

I am trying to think i dont have too many disaster stories cause i am soooo anal

but my one would be i took my kooba ginger (chestnut so deep brown) bag out with me one night and my stupid friend got too drunk and spilled her drink on the side of it

I scrubbed at it for like 20 minutes almost cried
and now it has like 4 tiny spots but its such a dark bag that luckily they are just a tad darker then the orig. color and on the back

but i was FURIOUS AT HER!!!! And now whenever we go out i grab my cheap $10 bag that i keep around just for nights out with her!!! ;)

I would like to add that any suede purse that I owned was a disaster within itself because it was like a dirt magnet, and I could never carry one next to denim....no way. This is a fun forum. :yes: :yes:

I am so loving your cat!!! I can never get mine to sit still for a pic like that. Yours just looks so... intelligent and bemused and sarcastic all at the same time! LOL.

Sorry 'bout the tangent.

I just bought a pink Coach suede hobo and now I'm terrified.... :wtf:

o my o my your stories!!!!!!!!!! :sad: im sosoo sorry someone poured a drink into your LV is someone did that to my LV i would Steal their wallet and everything in it would fund my new one haha

And now whenever we go out i grab my cheap $10 bag that i keep around just for nights out with her!!! ;)

Don't think I didn't consider it!!! LOL!

And that last is so hilarious. I just laughed so hard at work everyone's like "WTF are you doing??"