Show Us Your Straw, Canvas, Burlap, Beachy Bags for Summer!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
It's a cold day in February and I'm tired of the winter! I was just reading a discussion about straw bags and it made me think of warmer weather and frivolous summer bags - and that warmed my heart!

I used to hold some odd opinions about straw bags. I thought that they were "old ladyish" and "too delicate" and "not worth the investment" because you won't wear them a lot.

But then fate intervened because I fell in love with a straw Bonnie tote at a great price at the outlet. After that I was hooked and I have continued to collect other summery straw and motif bags.

I've bought them all at the outlet, or on craigslist, or at the thrift store so I got very good deals. That way I don't have to feel guilty about indulging my fancy for these fun bags and they make me feel sunny when I carry them!

I have taken the precaution of spraying them all with apple rain garde and I store them stuffed with tissue and in dustbags. So far I haven't had a bit of trouble with fraying, crushing, color transfer, or other damage. I find them lightweight, comfortable, and fun to carry!

Here are pics of my straw, canvas, burlap, motif, summery, beachy bags. Please post photos of your frivolous summer bags to help us think about warm weather and fun in the sun!

1) Bonnie straw convertible tote 13400 ($72 outlet NWT, MSRP = $498)
2) Bonnie burlap striped vachetta envelope wallet 42567 ($32 outlet NWT, MSRP = $228)
3) Ladybug motif boxy straw tote 4439 ($50 craigslist EUC, MSRP = $358)
4) Legacy straw tote 113 ($22.50 thrift store, rehabbed MSRP = $328)
5) Audrey motif canvas cinched navy fish tote 19574 ($150 outlet NWT, MSRP = $358) and coral shell wristlet 47268 ($49.56 outlet NWT, MSRP = $118)

So I've only spent a total of $376 for 6 pretty summer pieces (MSRP = $1928) and they make me feel warm and happy! I think that they are a great investment!

Attachments

• bonnie4_2.jpg
    bonnie4_2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,694
  • BonnieWallet42567_1.jpg
    BonnieWallet42567_1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,651
  • Ladybug.jpg
    Ladybug.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,888
  • LegacyStrawToteFinal001.jpg
    LegacyStrawToteFinal001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,719
  • CoralShellWristletAndBlueFishToteCoach001.jpg
    CoralShellWristletAndBlueFishToteCoach001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,718
Last edited:
I don't own any straw Coach, but I do have a Brighton Kora. :love:

photo-81.jpg

And this Michael Kors canvas tote...

photo-124-1_zps28d72f0e.jpg

Thanks, Kate. I love all your gorgeous bags, too. Your Audrey pic makes me wish I had kept mine last summer. :shucks:

I had second thoughts about the audrey fish tote and shell wristlet but I carried them constantly during a 2-week carribbean vacation last year and they were perfect, I loved them!

I wore them with a pair of Jaciee denim sandals q1508 that I found at DSW for $36 (MSRP = $78) and I loved the combo!

Attachments

• JaiceeDenimSandals002.jpg
    JaiceeDenimSandals002.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,522
Reactions: americandreaming