Is the legacy duffle REALLY all it's cracked up to be?

Ktsmomi

Jan 17, 2013
I'm looking at the legacy duffle in the fushia. I'm just curious if its everything everyone says it is? I'm wanting the large bag. Is it heavy? I don't carry a lot, but I do have a 3 yr old so sometimes her stuff ends up in my bag lol. We don't have a coach FP store near me and our outlets never get the duffle. Opinions? I'm 5'8 size 14. Would it look ok on me? Any mod shots would be great. I looked in the mod shot blog but didn't see exactly what I was looking for :sad: Tia ladies!

I haven't worn my cobalt yet but I think that when I do I will enjoy it. I got the medium and the sizing seems to be along the lines of the large Zoe....I am 5 ft 4 in ,sz 6/8 and the med is a good size for me. It isn't too heavy, in fact it's much lighter than my large Zoe. The only negative to the large would be that you said you don't carry much and so I think you might be better off with the medium so you aren't carrying extra weight that you don't need.

I have the large. While I love it, I understand what people have been saying about it being too large. I don't plan to wear mine crossbody and plan to keep it as a hobo, and I think it has a lovely slouch to it when carried. I can't say too much about the weight. I've just tried it around the house and so far I find it very comfortable with my stuff in. It did feel heavy the first time I tried it, but now (like CforC09 mentioned) feels light as a feather.

I resisted the duffle for a long time, figured it couldn't be as fabulous as everyone makes it out to be. I found one at a good price and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this bag. I also don't carry a ton but have a two and a four year old that I sometimes have to carry things for and this bag is the perfect size. With just my stuff, I still have quite a bit of room left so I definitely wouldn't want a large. Not heavy at all and the strap is wider than most so it distributes the weight more comfortably. The outside zip pocket is also a great feature. I will be getting another for sure.

I found that the regular duffle is a great bag for me. The size is ideal for what I usually carry, and as much as I've tried to branch out, I always gravitate to bags I can wear crossbody. I didn't like it at all with the first wave of colors that came out (I am not into primary colors), but the subsequent colors keep me coming back for more. I have berry, UV, tourmaline and now mint... and both Anna Sui's (although I haven't used the Fleur de Lis yet and might return it for the heaviness, but love the dragonfly).

Last edited:
I have both sizes. The regular size will hold everything I carry with room to spare. The only reason I prefer the large is that it has more slouch.

If you want a fuchsia duffle, it only came in the regular size.

Ktsmomi said:
Thanks ladies! How does the regular duffle compare to the Isabelle in size?

Just so happens that I had both these bags out. Pic quality is crap, but you get the idea. They fit pretty much the same amount.

BCAF866E-8C64-4C63-AE32-5A48FC0DE7A0-21808-000021550097A921.jpg

485441FB-3073-4FEC-ABFB-45C90E9B4F9C-21808-0000215506138E0E.jpg

I'm looking at the legacy duffle in the fushia. I'm just curious if its everything everyone says it is? I'm wanting the large bag. Is it heavy? I don't carry a lot, but I do have a 3 yr old so sometimes her stuff ends up in my bag lol. We don't have a coach FP store near me and our outlets never get the duffle. Opinions? I'm 5'8 size 14. Would it look ok on me? Any mod shots would be great. I looked in the mod shot blog but didn't see exactly what I was looking for :sad: Tia ladies!

I'm in the minority. I was excited when it came out, but hated it in person and on. The colors are gorgeous but to me it's just a giant feedbag. Mind you, I'm not dissing anyone who owns one, I don't think it's an ugly bag... It's just not for me. I like more detail in my bags. I also prefer a little more structure, and I'm more of a satchel girl. Years ago, this is a bag my mom would have LOVED I think (my mom is quite stylish and young spirited), but I don't really like the big, simplistic, slouchy, over the shoulder deal.

I think to know if this bag is "all it's cracked up to be" you need to look at your personal collection. If you like mushy shoulder bags that hold a lot, then yes! I'm sure the bag is amazing. But if you gravitate more towards structured satchel bags, then it won't be.

Even thought I didn't like the bag on ME, I see many fabulous mod shots on here of people looking great with it on. So really, it's more a question of "will this bag be awesome for you" versus "is this bag awesome"? Every bag doesn't work or not work for every person. How boring that would be!

I have this ongoing crisis with watches - I fall in love with them in the case ALL the time... But once I try it on, it looks awful on me. As a result, I own 2 cheap watches that are pretty (Guess and a GG, whoever the Hell they are), but cannot find a designer watch for the life of me. It doesn't matter how awesome they are, none work for me (yet)!

You need to find a way to try the bag out. Do you have a Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Belk, Lord & Taylor or Bloomingdales near you? They all carry Coach. Or, bite the bullet, order it from Coach.com (or wherever) and if you don't like it, send it back! Shipping from Coach will be free over $150, you'd just lose money sending it back if you do. OR, if you find one at Nordstrom.com, they have free shipping both ways - so you lose nothing :smile:

I'm in the minority. I was excited when it came out, but hated it in person and on. The colors are gorgeous but to me it's just a giant feedbag. Mind you, I'm not dissing anyone who owns one, I don't think it's an ugly bag... It's just not for me. I like more detail in my bags. I also prefer a little more structure, and I'm more of a satchel girl. Years ago, this is a bag my mom would have LOVED I think (my mom is quite stylish and young spirited), but I don't really like the big, simplistic, slouchy, over the shoulder deal.

I think to know if this bag is "all it's cracked up to be" you need to look at your personal collection. If you like mushy shoulder bags that hold a lot, then yes! I'm sure the bag is amazing. But if you gravitate more towards structured satchel bags, then it won't be.

Even thought I didn't like the bag on ME, I see many fabulous mod shots on here of people looking great with it on. So really, it's more a question of "will this bag be awesome for you" versus "is this bag awesome"? Every bag doesn't work or not work for every person. How boring that would be!

I have this ongoing crisis with watches - I fall in love with them in the case ALL the time... But once I try it on, it looks awful on me. As a result, I own 2 cheap watches that are pretty (Guess and a GG, whoever the Hell they are), but cannot find a designer watch for the life of me. It doesn't matter how awesome they are, none work for me (yet)!

You need to find a way to try the bag out. Do you have a Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Belk, Lord & Taylor or Bloomingdales near you? They all carry Coach. Or, bite the bullet, order it from Coach.com (or wherever) and if you don't like it, send it back! Shipping from Coach will be free over $150, you'd just lose money sending it back if you do. OR, if you find one at Nordstrom.com, they have free shipping both ways - so you lose nothing :smile:

I agree with pretty much everything ^. The duffel is a beautiful bag, especially in person, but I just personally prefer more structure in a bag as well.