Help! My GST (gold hardware) the gold paint is chipping.

vwynn

O.G.
Oct 21, 2011
Hi Ladies with GST gold Hardware owners,

Today I decided to switch using different bag from my Jumbo to GST, after I took her out from the box and removing all the tissues, I found out the gold paint where the ring attached the ( 31 RUE CAMBON PARIS) hardware, are chipping and it's like a top coat. :sad: :wtf::shocked::huh::panic:
The second layer is a light gold tone and more like matt gold, its doesn't look right to me. So i took out my Beige Clair with GST with Silver hardware, (which i use over the vacations) and the hardware are looks fine to me.
image-2993829624.jpg

I just texted my SA from boutique and he said he will look at it first and send it to repair. I am panicking and broken hearted ... Since I got this bag, I took her out only coupled times. Since its Gold hardware so it's kind of dressy And i hav two boys so most of the time I wear casual clothes. Using my silver hardware bags. :sad:
Does any of your GST hardware dose that?

Last edited:
I don't have a GST but I noticed that on a friend's bag. Looked like a type of top clear coat that is put on, maybe to keep the hardware from tarnishing easily?? But the chipped area looks pretty big on yours. So sorry.. :sad: I know it would bug me too.

I have never had this happen with my Beige Clair GHW and I am by no means easy on my GST-I put books, folders and my iPad in her. I purchased mine in June of last year. I hope you get this fixed :smile: This should not be happening.

Today I decided to switch using different bag from my Jumbo to GST, after I took her out from the box and removing all the tissues, I found out the gold paint where the ring attached the ( 31 RUE CAMBON PARIS) hardware, are chipping and it's like a top coat. :sad: :wtf::shocked::huh::panic:
The second layer is a light gold tone and more like matt gold, its doesn't look right to me. So i took out my Beige Clair with GST with Silver hardware, (which i use over the vacations) and the hardware are looks fine to me.
View attachment 2066891

I just texted my SA from boutique and he said he will look at it first and send it to repair. I am panicking and broken hearted ... Since I got this bag, I took her out only coupled times. Since its Gold hardware so it's kind of dressy And i hav two boys so most of the time I wear casual clothes. Using my silver hardware bags. :sad:

Please do keep us posted; this is not something one would expect on a fairly unused Chanel bag. I just got mine, so I can't say yet how mine will wear. I hope they will fix yours up quickly.

Hi vwynn,
Hope u can get it fixed. I also have rusting problem with my unused GST.

Hi tutushopper,
You are one of the gurus here. You have not encountered chipping or rusting problems on your babies right?

View attachment 2066891

Please keep us posted on the repairs, cost, etc. Now I'm paranoid!

Hi vwynn,
Hope u can get it fixed. I also have rusting problem with my unused GST.

Hi tutushopper,
You are one of the gurus here. You have not encountered chipping or rusting problems on your babies right?

For the GST, I'm a newbie (I'm a flap girl usually). Willeyi is the GST guru. My GST is still new, so no rusting or chipping yet. Willeyi has had hers for years, so hopefully she will chime in on this issue.

Hi OP, I have had my GHW GST for almost 13 years and wear it out quite often in the rain, snow, etc. and I have not seen this.

Good Luck with your bag and push for a quick resolution!

For the GST, I'm a newbie (I'm a flap girl usually). Willeyi is the GST guru. My GST is still new, so no rusting or chipping yet. Willeyi has had hers for years, so hopefully she will chime in on this issue.
Yeah *sign*, i owned only 2 GST and my SHWon Beige doesn't do that. I had my Beige one for 4 years now. Its shouldn't chipped nor rusting cause this is luxury item that we all know and in love with it. right?

I have never had this happen with my Beige Clair GHW and I am by no means easy on my GST-I put books, folders and my iPad in her. I purchased mine in June of last year. I hope you get this fixed :smile: This should not be happening.
True you are absolutely right!!! . Its should not happened and now i am scared now and doubting that this is not authentic bag :sad: I bought it from boutique from VA McLean store.
Still have my receipt thou.