Last Chance ~ Phoenix

Miss Curly

O.G.
Feb 4, 2009
I thought I would start a thread about Last Chance. I know many of us go there and have seen postings in several threads, but I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread.

Share stories, finds, and anything else!

Has anyone been there recently? I haven't been in a year+ and am wondering what it's like? I used to love that place but then the ebayers took over and it got so crowded. The good finds became rarer for me and I moved so I just stopped going. But I've been in the area lately and keep meaning to check it out.

I went yesterday and I bought five tops, a necklace, and a pair of earrings for about $45.

I can't comment on if it's different or not because that was only my second time. I think it can be pretty hit or miss. I haven't found any shoes yet and most of the purses look awful. The fitting room line is definitely not fun, but what can you do. I have enjoyed going thus far and will be going back.

I went yesterday and I bought five tops, a necklace, and a pair of earrings for about $45.

I can't comment on if it's different or not because that was only my second time. I think it can be pretty hit or miss. I haven't found any shoes yet and most of the purses look awful. The fitting room line is definitely not fun, but what can you do. I have enjoyed going thus far and will be going back.

I never tried for purses--people are nuts with those, it's kind of terrifying! But I did find a couple good clutches that just needed small repairs (zippers etc). Shoes were the best for me, but I have big feet so the prices were better and they weren't as picked over. I never really had luck with clothes, plus I'm not much for digging through the racks.

I go here whenever I'm in town.. I love it, although people can be rowdy. I've gotten all my Toms there, but I guess you have to go early to get the real gems :smile:

I just went last friday. That store is not for me.....all the crazy crowds, people trying to push everyone down when they restock, bins of "designer" purses, many with holes in them, sorting through overpriced trash to get to treasure. *shudder* never ever ever again!

Omg I could fill this thread with amazing goodies from LC!! Most recently were Chantelle bras, orig $78, marked down to $3.97!!! I usually never go near the bras because, ewewwww right? But all these were the same style, with original nordstroms tags! I bought 5 lol!!

I also scored: a Piazza Sempione cardigan for $9.99, Zella workout gear for $4.95, random tights for $0.97, spanks tights leggings $5, work skirts from $2 to $9 and other stuff I can't remember!

The store is def not good as it was before, but it's still amazing! Bags are usually a bust, and you have to dig through the shoes...but you can usually find tons of gems!

I'm planning on going again this week, I'll report back!

I think there are some good deals. The necklace I got on Saturday I know sells for like $38 at Nordstrom. I paid $5.96 and .97 for my pair of earrings. All of the tops I got were $5.96, except for one that was $9.99

I think it's kind of fun to go and see what you can find. I have heard of people finding purses in new condition, but I haven't seen any yet.

Hey guys,

I stopped by LC today and found a few goodies... Ferragamo cufflinks for the hubby for, get this, $5!!! Best find ever! I have a feeling whomever marked them down didn't know what they were since they aren't obviously marked! :smile:

Other stuff was decent, like more new with orig nordstroms tags Chantelle bras orig retail $88-98, for $4! (I got 7 lol!) Silky Tanks for $5, a black swimsuit cover-up for $15 (I think it was max studio?) etc etc

They put out a bunch of toms and I saw A LOT of vera wangs! They had a marc by marc jacobs scarf which I thought was over priced at $79! Oh and tons of iPhone 5 cases!

Hey guys,

I stopped by LC today and found a few goodies... Ferragamo cufflinks for the hubby for, get this, $5!!! Best find ever! I have a feeling whomever marked them down didn't know what they were since they aren't obviously marked! :smile:

Other stuff was decent, like more new with orig nordstroms tags Chantelle bras orig retail $88-98, for $4! (I got 7 lol!) Silky Tanks for $5, a black swimsuit cover-up for $15 (I think it was max studio?) etc etc

They put out a bunch of toms and I saw A LOT of vera wangs! They had a marc by marc jacobs scarf which I thought was over priced at $79! Oh and tons of iPhone 5 cases!

I used to get all my bras there! $4 for brand new quality bras...kind of hard to beat that! This actually makes me think it is time to go back!

Is Neiman Marcus Last Chance the same as Neina Marcus Last Call? There's a Last Call near me, but the merchandise isn't significantly cheap.

Neiman Marcus Last Call is kind of like Nordstrom Rack. Last Chance is a step below Nords Rack--I compare it to a thrift store for all Nords items. You find some gems, some middle items and a lot of duds (plus a bunch of crazy shoppers).

Is Neiman Marcus Last Chance the same as Neina Marcus Last Call? There's a Last Call near me, but the merchandise isn't significantly cheap.

Last Chance is a Nordstrom thing. It's where they send (almost) all the Nordstrom returned merchandise. I worked there for a summer and then worked at a regular Nordstrom. While working at Nordstrom, we would send returns to the Last Chance store, and also slightly damaged but still sellable merchandise (think Tributes with a small scuff. SCORE!). While working at Last Chance, I simply wished for a bullet to the head dealing with all the crazy people buying a million things to turn around and sell on eBay!

Black Elite said:
Last Chance is a Nordstrom thing. It's where they send (almost) all the Nordstrom returned merchandise. I worked there for a summer and then worked at a regular Nordstrom. While working at Nordstrom, we would send returns to the Last Chance store, and also slightly damaged but still sellable merchandise (think Tributes with a small scuff. SCORE!). While working at Last Chance, I simply wished for a bullet to the head dealing with all the crazy people buying a million things to turn around and sell on eBay!

I would love to work there one summer!!! Of course I would make no money since all of it would go straight to buying merchandise!!!!