Chanel Camelia...DIY Project

picabo

O.G.
Apr 10, 2012
Hi All!
I have not posted in a bit but I wanted to share a project I was working on. After collecting the Camelia flowers with my purchases, I wanted to be able to use them for my bags. So I decided to do a DIY project with some Camelia strassing!

I decided to only do one of the petals to accent the flower because I did not want it to look cheap or tacky but I am thinking that I should do another petal next to it for some depth. In any case, I mixed the clear and then used some Bronze colored crystals towards the middle. It did not turn out exactly how I envisoned but I think its cute :P

Then I added a folded ribbon to the back and a pin to hold a chain with a clasp. And voila, here are the pics.

Please let me know what you think, the good, bad, and ugly….or if you like! I think I need to do another petal...?

Attachments

• Camelia on bag.JPG
    Camelia on bag.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 913
  • Camelia.JPG
    Camelia.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 844
  • BAck.JPG
    BAck.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 831
  • On BAg.JPG
    On BAg.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,066
That's so creative, love it! I do think it would look more complete to have alternate petals strassed. Man this makes me want to try it as well, but I know it's a lot of work. Good job!

Very creative. IMO, I wouldnt put that on my bag, it ruined the elegant of the bag. I'd put it on as a cell phone strap, key chain or any small handheld electronic accessories.

Nice try !
I'm thinking about the same diy these days :smile:!
I think with différent size cristals, it would ne more Chanel. And maybe take the example of Chanel's camélia high jewellery, it would ne more classe.
Good continuation ! And the more important of all, have fun :smile:!

so creative!!! it looks awesome! but i also agree with the nico_79 about alternating petals. I loooove strassing, I did a pair of pumps for my wedding, back breaking hard work! lol

Thanks everyone! Yes I think with alternating the size of the crystals and petals it would look a bit more "Chanel".

I have a few more Camelias to experiment with but those crystals are expensive lol...even at Michaels.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments and have a great weekend!