Python

Masteryoda

Jul 12, 2012
Who likes the python! And who doesn't?! Honest opinion! I like it...saw the satchel at Macys and thought the leather was done really well. My mom liked it too. My sister wrinkled her nose. Lol!!

Who likes the python! And who doesn't?! Honest opinion! I like it...saw the satchel at Macys and thought the leather was done really well. My mom liked it too. My sister wrinkled her nose. Lol!!

Well, ok, here is what I think (know I say this without ever seeing it IRL). I do think it is beautiful but very pricey .............and I wonder if it will be a "forever" handbag or just a fad? In five years from now will you be able to pull it out of your closet and carry it?? So, that is what keeps me from trying them. I dont want to invest in something trendy but something I can carry for years. For the ladies that love it....that is great!! kc

Well, ok, here is what I think (know I say this without ever seeing it IRL). I do think it is beautiful but very pricey .............and I wonder if it will be a "forever" handbag or just a fad? In five years from now will you be able to pull it out of your closet and carry it?? So, that is what keeps me from trying them. I dont want to invest in something trendy but something I can carry for years. For the ladies that love it....that is great!! kc

Well, I think I am eating my words.....I am watching the presentation on the python.........the pink is GORGEOUS OMGOSH!!!!! kc

Honestly...yuck! Reminds me of scaly disgusting snakes. Probably why I haven't yet been able to bring myself to buy a Brahmin. The gator pattern is too realistic--it's kind of creepy. Still, I say to each her own. My aunt doesn't like the Dooney Croco bags because she says the croco pattern doesn't look realistic enough. I prefer it that way.

Lol!!! My husband pays VERY little attention to purses, like most men. But even the Brahmin bags caught his eye. He asked with surprise, "Is that REAL crocodile?" No...relax...just a leather pattern! I like it but I like the exotic leather look.

As for is it all a fad? Mayb. But I thought leopard and animal print would b out years ago and it just won't let go so exotic looking leathers mayb in for quite awhile. Who knows tho. Fashion is weird like that sometimes.

Honestly...yuck! Reminds me of scaly disgusting snakes. Probably why I haven't yet been able to bring myself to buy a Brahmin. The gator pattern is too realistic--it's kind of creepy. Still, I say to each her own. My aunt doesn't like the Dooney Croco bags because she says the croco pattern doesn't look realistic enough. I prefer it that way.

You know, I'm terrified of both snakes and alligators, but 2 weeks ago I took my son to a b-day party for one of his friends and it was at a nature center. At the end they showed them a snake. I managed to touch it, and it wasn't as disgusting as I thought it would be. I ownder if it was because of the type of snake (I think it was called a fox snake), anyway, going back to the purses...I don't think of them (snake and croco embossed) as the animals they represent, I just look at them like prints with a texture. The cure to get over the croco brahmins, get one in a fun color, like pink, yellow, blue or red. It will soft the feeling since you never see a real one in that color. I think that's why I have very colorful brahmins. I would not get one that is too close to the actual color of a croc.

I didn't care for any of the "reptile" bags until a couple of years ago; then suddenly...I did. :biggrin: I love the Dooney python; it's very supple and so lightweight to carry. I just wish they had made the continental clutch wallet to match the black python.

2191e152-c784-4c94-a7a1-7fa172cf7b9e.jpg

I didn't care for any of the "reptile" bags until a couple of years ago; then suddenly...I did. :biggrin: I love the Dooney python; it's very supple and so lightweight to carry. I just wish they had made the continental clutch wallet to match the black python.

2191e152-c784-4c94-a7a1-7fa172cf7b9e.jpg

Very pretty bag Sarah, that color looks very striking with the dark leather trim, I can see why you like it so much! kc

I loved it until the scales started pulling up on mine so sadly she was returned. I have a Coach that has lasted almost 4 years without trouble. I do really adore that python. I think if will be a timeless bag especially the cream and the black one. Just had bad luck with it