Cartier Love...new screw system ?

Carnel

Nobody's purrfect
Feb 9, 2013
Hi There,

I'm thinking of getting my first Love bracelet later this year but all these stories about the new screw system failing kind of scare me :wondering

I don't want to spend so much on a bracelet if I have to constantly worry about the screws loosening and am not interested in the cuff. I know that many people used Loctite to secure their screws but I can't imagine spending +6k$ on a bangle and needing glue to secure it on my arm!

Does anybody know if Cartier found a way to fix it?

I know there must be some recent Love bracelets owners on TPF, I would love to know how they feel about the new screw system and if they're happy with their bracelet :smile:

TIA,
Frenchcut

Frenchcut-
I don't know specifically about the new screw system as my wifes bracelets are the old system. With that being said, I put a little LocTite (or what you are calling glue) on the screws of both of her bracelets. One is a type 1 closure and the other is a type 2 closure. The type 2 system tends to come loose as the screws are shorter. There's nothing wrong with using LocTite. It's used in the industrial and automotive worlds. It's used to hold bolts into racing engines that cost a 1000 times as much as a Love. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for us. Just be sure to use the lightest so that you can get the screws out if need be.
Bob

Hi There,

I'm thinking of getting my first Love bracelet later this year but all these stories about the new screw system failing kind of scare me :wondering

I don't want to spend so much on a bracelet if I have to constantly worry about the screws loosening and am not interested in the cuff. I know that many people used Loctite to secure their screws but I can't imagine spending +6k$ on a bangle and needing glue to secure it on my arm!

I know there must be some recent Love bracelets owners on TPF, I would love to know how they feel about the new screw system and if they're happy with their bracelet :smile:

TIA,
Frenchcut

Hi There,

TIA,
Frenchcut

I have 2 of the new screw and have had no issues.

Thank you for your replies, I'm ususally very careful with my jewellery so I hope it'll be okay...and I won't hesitate to glue it if needed since I don't intend to take it off once it's on my wrist !

Thank you for your replies, I'm ususally very careful with my jewellery so I hope it'll be okay...and I won't hesitate to glue it if needed since I don't intend to take it off once it's on my wrist !

It's good to check the screws in the beginning to see how often they need to be tightened. I check mine every so often with my fingernail just to be sure.
No glue needed!