Need Help Deciding ! - Overwhelmed!

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
OK so I bought my first LV ( DE Neverfull MM + DE Mini Pochette) a couple of weeks ago after saving up for quite some time. I'm buying a new car next week and will have more than enough left over to spend on myself, save, do whatever with. I don't plan on using it ALL but I would like to take some and buy another LV.

At first I was just going to buy a matching wallet for my NF but I don't know if I'm ready for that yet because I'd like to work on building my bag collection up as well.

I thought I had my mind set on the Speedy. But now I'm not so sure. I think DE is my favorite but I had planned on either Mono or Azur since I already have DE. But hadn't completely made up my mind yet. Leaning towards Azur because my next purchase after that I believe is going to be a Mon Mono Neverfull with my married initials next year.

If I get a speedy I may even have enough for a small accessory like a bandeau.

I do like the Speedy B but I would only want it in DE and I kind of want to have more variation of patterns in my collection as well.

I even considered another Neverfull since I love mine so much in either Mono or DA. And I think I'd like to have all 3 eventually anyway.

My budget is probably right around $1000 and I'm not going to be able to make it before the price increase :tdown: So I know I may have to pay a little more than I originally expected.

Here are some of my options- I'd love to hear from people who own the different bags and possibly see some pics as well ;)

1. Just go ahead and buy a DE Wallet (probably a Zippy Compact)

2. Buy a Speedy (DA or Mono?)

3. Speedy B in DE

4. Another Neverfull MM (Mono or DA?)

Also been looking at the Odeon PM or Delightful PM or MM.
I do like the Bloomsbury but then I'm back to DE.

There were a few others I liked as well but were further out of my price range. I would like to find a Roses Speedy but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $1500 for it just yet when there are other bags out there I like for less.

I'm just probably the most indecisive person ever! This will probably be my last bag for awhile as we need to start saving for our wedding next year so I want to make sure it's a good one! Its so overwhelming to try to choose. Because I want them all!

Last edited:
If you want variety then pass on the NF. Especially since you have plans for a mon mono.

Speedy b is coming this spring (March I think) in DA. I can't say enough great things about my zippy compact. You will get a bunch of use out of it and I agree it's speedy but with it IMO. Delightful is a great option too.

If you are set on a bag then either speedy b DA or delightful. Otherwise go with the ZCW.

I just bought the mono speedy 30 because...

-it's SUCH an iconic and classic bag :heart:
-it gets such a beautiful patina after use
- the 30 holds a good amount of my personal things
- it can enhance a variety of looks
- it can be used year round (in my opinion)

DSC03127_zps2182048f.jpg

My sister, on the other hand, just purchased the speedy b in DE (God I love that bag but I have a speedy de already)

-the hands-free option is a huge plus. Once you fill up the speedy, it can be a little burdensome to carry for long outings
-there are a variety of ways you can wear her
-the red interior is simply TDF
-worry-free/no vachetta/no having to look out on rainy days, etc.
- it looks FAB on her!

Here are pics of it on her- either one is a great choice! I think every gal/guy should have a speedy for her/his collection (but that's just my opinion lol...obv it's ur money and you should spend it the way you think it should be spent! haha)

LhGRX5VE841zW0sAkMP1ZFKyBElreKakLXc7OjVSlEw_zpseed81d72.jpeg

I know its really hard when you are indecisive. I am in a similar situation as you. I would wait a little while and get the speedy b in damier azur when it comes out. I believe it will come out in march. I am thinking of getting the speedy b in azur if the new neverfull GM is to big. Well good luck with your decision!:smile:

I'd wait on it for a while until you know for sure what you'd want.
Do some more research and lists of what you need next.
Although I'd say you can't go wrong w/ a wallet. You'd use that every day!

Last edited:
I have the Speedy B and I love her! I understand though that you want another print for your next bag so I wouldn't recommend another DE bag. What about Mono Speedy B? Are you worried about the patina on the strap?

I also wouldn't recommend a wallet because it's pretty much the same price as a bag and at this point I think you'd be happier with a new bag!

I would wait for the speedy b azure and or
get the speedy azure now and then mono cles.

I think if I get a plain speedy it would be Azur. I'm not a fan of the Speedy B in anything but DE so that may be one of my future purchases.

I'm trying to narrow it down some. I know I'd probably be happy with any of them but I'd like to have 2 or 3 possible styles in mind when I go into the store to chose from rather than 10. I'm constantly looking at the LV site and browsing photos on here to try to get an idea.

I do want a wallet eventually but since its so close to the price of a bag, I think I'd rather have a couple of different bags first before I spent that much on a wallet.

I know its really hard when you are indecisive. I am in a similar situation as you. I would wait a little while and get the speedy b in damier azur when it comes out. I believe it will come out in march. I am thinking of getting the speedy b in azur if the new neverfull GM is to big. Well good luck with your decision!:smile:

I think the speedy b is one style that I would definitely want in DE. So I think Mono and Azur are out on that one. But as far as the regular speedy goes, i would rather have it in DA or Mono.

You mentioned the Delightful. That would be an excellent bag to look at! Or else you could wait for the Speedy B in Azur.

Delightful is definitely in the running! Trying to narrow it down to a couple of styles so that when I go into the store I'm not quite as overwhelmed. I think Speedy B in Mono or Azur are out though. I'm more drawn to the DE on that particular style. But the regular speedy in those two are contenders as well.

If you want variety then pass on the NF. Especially since you have plans for a mon mono.

Speedy b is coming this spring (March I think) in DA. I can't say enough great things about my zippy compact. You will get a bunch of use out of it and I agree it's speedy but with it IMO. Delightful is a great option too.

If you are set on a bag then either speedy b DA or delightful. Otherwise go with the ZCW.

I just thought another NF might be a "safe" choice since I love it so much and I know eventually I would want it in all three.

I just bought the mono speedy 30 because...

-it's SUCH an iconic and classic bag :heart:
-it gets such a beautiful patina after use
- the 30 holds a good amount of my personal things
- it can enhance a variety of looks
- it can be used year round (in my opinion)

DSC03127_zps2182048f.jpg

My sister, on the other hand, just purchased the speedy b in DE (God I love that bag but I have a speedy de already)

-the hands-free option is a huge plus. Once you fill up the speedy, it can be a little burdensome to carry for long outings
-there are a variety of ways you can wear her
-the red interior is simply TDF
-worry-free/no vachetta/no having to look out on rainy days, etc.
- it looks FAB on her!

Here are pics of it on her- either one is a great choice! I think every gal/guy should have a speedy for her/his collection (but that's just my opinion lol...obv it's ur money and you should spend it the way you think it should be spent! haha)

LhGRX5VE841zW0sAkMP1ZFKyBElreKakLXc7OjVSlEw_zpseed81d72.jpeg

Thank YOu! Your photos are super helpful!!

I have the Speedy B and I love her! I understand though that you want another print for your next bag so I wouldn't recommend another DE bag. What about Mono Speedy B? Are you worried about the patina on the strap?

I also wouldn't recommend a wallet because it's pretty much the same price as a bag and at this point I think you'd be happier with a new bag!

If i were to get the Speedy B it would be in the Ebene. Partly because I just like the look of that style better in that canvas and yes, partly because of having so much of the vachette on the bag.

I do like the regular speedy in azur and initially I'd had my mind set on that but now I'm 2nd guessing myself and for some reason I have it set in my head that my next purchase should be something in Mono..

And that is 100% my concern with the wallet. While I do want one eventually, I'd like to have a couple of bags to rotate with first.

I agree that since you aren't going o ake the price increase just wait for a bit. I also can't say enough about the DE compact zippy wallet. I really love it. It feels good pulling it out of any bag! LV or a beater bag ;).

If you would rather have a bag I would probably get the speedy b de . Classic shape with shoulder bag function. The delightful is another great choice

I agree :smile:
Although i own Neverfull DE and Delightful both in GM and love them!:hbeat: i even want a Delightful PM:nuts: but im soo banned after 2012 was so well LVoed with Goodies. ;)

I agree that since you aren't going o ake the price increase just wait for a bit. I also can't say enough about the DE compact zippy wallet. I really love it. It feels good pulling it out of any bag! LV or a beater bag ;).

If you would rather have a bag I would probably get the speedy b de . Classic shape with shoulder bag function. The delightful is another great choice

I agree :smile:
Although i own Neverfull DE and Delightful both in GM and love them!:hbeat: i even want a Delightful PM:nuts: but im soo banned after 2012 was so well LVoed with Goodies. ;)

Yea, I'm not in a super big hurry and I'm definitely not buying just for the sake of buying. I mean these are all bags I want eventually I'm just trying to narrow down which I want next.

And I'm trying to narrow it down so I have 2 or 3 styles to try on in store. The Zippy Compact is still a contender and may be what I go with if I can't decide 100% on a bag. But for that money I'd almost rather go with a bag. I do already have a Mini Pochette that I use for most of my necessities.

So far I'm thinking Regular Speedy in Azur or Mono or Delightful PM or MM.
Then I would have a little leftover for a bandeau that I've been wanting for awhile.

And if neither of those work out I may just go with the Speedy B in DE, at least it will still match my pochette and upcoming agenda

Yea, I'm not in a super big hurry and I'm definitely not buying just for the sake of buying. I mean these are all bags I want eventually I'm just trying to narrow down which I want next.

And I'm trying to narrow it down so I have 2 or 3 styles to try on in store. The Zippy Compact is still a contender and may be what I go with if I can't decide 100% on a bag. But for that money I'd almost rather go with a bag. I do already have a Mini Pochette that I use for most of my necessities.

So far I'm thinking Regular Speedy in Azur or Mono or Delightful PM or MM.
Then I would have a little leftover for a bandeau that I've been wanting for awhile.

And if neither of those work out I may just go with the Speedy B in DE, at least it will still match my pochette and upcoming agenda
My vote goes for Azur Speedy! You already have a Neverfull and Delightful is a similar bag, a handheld Speedy would be cute for dressier events as well as the summer!

No matter what bag you decide to get my advice is to hold off on a wallet until you can get one in a solid color. I just ordered a pomme zippy in vernis because I can't stand the look of my mono wallet when I pull it out of my DE and Azur bags. Just a personal preference but keep it in mind in case you are the same way about different prints!

I bought my first LV bag about 3 weeks ago (Speedy B 30) and was well and truly bitten by the LV bug as I now have a shopping list to last me my life time. LOL. I'm going to Paris later this year so I'm looking at purchasing a few things then. (And it gives me time to save up)

I have decided I will buy a Vernis wallet next even though the cost of it could get me a NF or nearly another bag. A wallet is something I use everyday and carry no matter what- where as I am unlikely to change bags all the time. (At the moment anyway)

I'm a teacher and I don't take "expensive bags" to work. I'm too paranoid about pens floating around and things banging around my endless bags of students' books. So for work I take my Coach.

Since my Speedy B is currently strictly after hours bag, I feel that I can use this for sometime before the need for a new bag. Maybe have a think about that. I certainly think you will get a lot of satisfaction of opening your bag and seeing a LV wallet. It somehow seems wrong to me now that my wallet is ordinary compared to my LV!