Unreasonable?

rubycat

O.G.
Jan 13, 2009
I was so excited I bought a nwt Rebecca minkoff ostrich nikki on ebay for a pretty great price. The bag arrived today, and had been wadded up and shoved into the cube shaped medium flat rate box. No protection, literally wadded, it's now so creased it will have to be hung for days to see if the creases come out.
I immediately emailed the seller who agreed to the return, but made it sound like the norm?

So is asking to return unreasonable?

I was so excited I bought a nwt Rebecca minkoff ostrich nikki on ebay for a pretty great price. The bag arrived today, and had been wadded up and shoved into the cube shaped medium flat rate box. No protection, literally wadded, it's now so creased it will have to be hung for days to see if the creases come out.
I immediately emailed the seller who agreed to the return, but made it sound like the norm?

So is asking to return unreasonable?

Lots of eBay sellers do this and to the extent that they are pressured to charge nothing for shipping I understand why. That being said, you expected the bag to arrive in new condition and it didn't so no, you are not unreasonable for asking for a return.

Lots of eBay sellers do this and to the extent that they are pressured to charge nothing for shipping I understand why. That being said, you expected the bag to arrive in new condition and it didn't so no, you are not unreasonable for asking for a return.

That seller paid way too much for shipping for a Large Flat Rate Box. Could have shipped in a regular box, paid much less and the bag could have been in a much better shape.

That seller paid way too much for shipping for a Large Flat Rate Box. Could have shipped in a regular box, paid much less and the bag could have been in a much better shape.

OP said the bag was sent in a *medium* flat rate box. I can't imagine how a nikki would fit in one of those (esp. one of the ostrich embossed ones) except maybe folded over?

This is why ebay should not pressure sellers into giving free shipping. I send my items double, triple, quadruple bubble wrapped, sealed in plastic bags, box padded with more bubble wrap, and then packing peanuts or other wrapping in a box which will not damage the item's box, much less the item. People will sometimes message me asking why it doesn't ship free; this is why. With lower cost items, as well as higher priced, there isn't room to "pad" the cost of the item with shipping/insurance/packaging costs, especially for small occasional sellers.

I'm so sorry OP that your seller didn't wrap your bag more carefully. :sad: