Quick reveal - 2009 Tan Groovee!

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
So I made an impulse purchase just over a week ago when I saw a Tan Groovee on eBay USA and she finally arrived yesterday! I will admit that I was a little surprised at the size - it's the classic Groovee, not the baby - especially after using my Chloé Paraty for a while and I was worried I wasn't going to love her. But I'm on my second day of use today and it's LOVE! I've adjusted to the larger size and I'm so delighted that I finally have a gorgeous, casual but stylish, slouchy tan bag. And the silver hardware is just the cherry on the top! The bag is from 2009 with the original cotton lining and is brand spanking new! The leather is absolutely TDF and having owned a Marc By Marc Jacobs Natasha recently (but now sold) I can absolutely confirm that the older bags had much better leather! I guess as is usually the case with most bags!

Anyway, here is a quick reveal from today when she was on my desk at work. I will add better photos later and maybe a mod shot!

image-328076221.jpg

Lovely!
I had an older Groovee in dark blue but the zipper broke, the store returned it and I didn't get another one and really regret it!

While I still want a regular groovee, I wish I had exchanged for another one back then the leather was so nice!

Congrats and enjoy!

Lovely!
I had an older Groovee in dark blue but the zipper broke, the store returned it and I didn't get another one and really regret it!

While I still want a regular groovee, I wish I had exchanged for another one back then the leather was so nice!

Congrats and enjoy!

Aw no! A dark blue Groovee sounds amazing as well, especially if it had silver hardware!

I've coveted the classic Groovee for years but it's so hard to find in the UK, whereas the baby is available everywhere but it's just a little too small for me. I tried one in store and whilst I could fit in all that I carry, there was no room for anything else and it looked stuffed. I like to have room to spare and a relaxed, slouchy look which you lose if a bag is packed tightly. So I was determined to find a classic Groovee but have only ever found it in black with gold hardware over here. Eventually I found lots of colours on eBay USA and realised I'd have to buy from abroad. The seller marked the value quite low, I still had to pay £25 fees but it was a small price to pay for a bag I had wanted for so long!

I hope you find another Groovee one day, they are gorgeous bags! I had no idea the bag was an older model either until I saw the good old cotton lining! I think the oldies are usually the best IMO, just so glad I found a new one! Turns out the seller I bought from sells all old shop stock that has never sold so I'll be checking out her items on a regular basis in case there are any others, I'd love a Baby Aidan as well with silver hardware!