Just spent 4 hours Creating a listing.... Help!!

JustAgUrL

O.G.
Oct 11, 2007
OK....

So, I am listing this bag....
It is a leather bag with fabric trim....

the trim is frayed on the corners

I have taken a MILLION photos and described EVERY possible flaw

My question is....

I have too many photos and ebay only allows 12...
You would think that is a lot, until you try and list an item
that has a few areas of damage....

Would you create a folder at Photo Bucket and
insert the link in the top of the auction so people will see it and know to look
at the additional photos....

OR.... do you think that is a waste of time????

Thank you for any help on this.... :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can insert photo in description. Try copy and paste HTML code of your Photobucket picture into your item's description box. Description box view has to be "HTML editor".
Be careful with the picture size. You don't want put HUGE picture. Also you can put <br> before picture's HTML code so that picture will be placed in next line.
Check finished look with "preview". Play around until you satisfy with them.

You can't put URL in your description. eBay automatically detect those and block you from making listing until you delete it.

Last edited:
I would insert the html code inside the listing (as suggested above) for as many pictures as neccessary. It wouldn't be a waste of time. It's better if buyers know what to expect, and they are not dissapointed when they receive the item. So far I haven't had issues with items having defects or imperfections, when I described them in detail, and had many pictures in my listing.

You can insert photo in description. Try copy and paste HTML code of your Photobucket picture into your item's description box. Description box view has to be "HTML editor".
Be careful with the picture size. You don't want put HUGE picture. Also you can put <br> before picture's HTML code so that picture will be placed in next line.
Check finished look with "preview". Play around until you satisfy with them.

You can't put URL in your description. eBay automatically detect those and block you from making listing until you delete it.

Thank you so much....

I will see if I can figure out how to do this.....

as for the URL...

I read on the ebay Policies that you can use a URL if it is for a site with additional photos and or info....

You just can't put a URL to your webstore in your listing.....

Maybe I was reading it wrong.....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

anyhow, I will see if I can figure out how to HTML....

Heck, I can hardly type.... :biggrin:

Before the 12 free pictures I would use a hosting site like Photobucket and create the HTML code. When using the Ebay list you item form there should be two tabs. One for HTML and one for basic. I would type my description in using basic format and when it was time to add the photos I would switch to HTML add the links and then switch back to basic.

Before the 12 free pictures I would use a hosting site like Photobucket and create the HTML code. When using the Ebay list you item form there should be two tabs. One for HTML and one for basic. I would type my description in using basic format and when it was time to add the photos I would switch to HTML add the links and then switch back to basic.

OK.... Let's say I'm a TOTAL idiot.... :graucho:

How exactly do I do this???

and how many photos can I then put in my listing????

and how do I place them in there????

and do they resize????

OK... see.. it is a "LARGE SOCK"... the fabric on the corners has frays and worn....

there are some light surface scratches to the leather "SOCKS"....
SO, I am just trying to make sure that EVERY little thing that is wrong is mentions...... Cuz in the photos strait on.... the "SOCK" is LOVELY.... it is just the little details..

I am doing what I can to avoid ANY SNAD.....
So this is why I am trying to post as many photos as HUMANLY possible....

Such as around 10 to 15 additional photos if not more......
That is why I was going to add the link from Photo Bucket.....

Can this be done????

Do you think I am being a tad neurotic????

Or is it good that I take a photo of EVERY little thing....????

I don't think you can post here exactly what you're listing. It sounds like you're advertising your bag.

Yeah... My name is not the same on my ebay account..... :smile:

and that is NOT even close to my description....

So, It was certainly NOT intended to look that way....

I will see if I can edit my first post....

NOT that anybody would find it.... like I said...

BUT, thank you.....

I would NOT want to break the rules here.....

Yeah... My name is not the same on my ebay account..... :smile:

and that is NOT even close to my description....

So, It was certainly NOT intended to look that way....

I will see if I can edit my first post....

NOT that anybody would find it.... like I said...

BUT, thank you.....

I would NOT want to break the rules here.....

I was just trying to help. ;) Most of our ebay ID's are different than they are here. I didn't know if you knew we couldn't state what we have for sale, that's all. :smile:

I was just trying to help. ;) Most of our ebay ID's are different than they are here. I didn't know if you knew we couldn't state what we have for sale, that's all. :smile:

REALLY.... I do appreciate it.... :flowers:

I tend to be a bit too detailed to a fault.....

Ever read my posts???

It's ALWAYS like I writing a freaking book.....

I think the only things I tend top omit are what I had for lunch.... :biggrin:

good luck selling! hope you also include that the trim is frayed in the corners in the word description too. i get from your posts you are trying to avoid all kinds of issues later :P

read too many nasty stories on ebay so i prefer to sell my bags on local websites whereby buyers can meet me in person for COD. they can inspect the bags themselves and after they are satisified, they pay me cash. after the cash transaction, if they regret it, it's too late :P luckily so far, i have sold each time i meet. maybe cos i only wanted to meet at a place that's convenient for me so if they bother to come and meet me, they are serious buyers.

good luck selling! hope you also include that the trim is frayed in the corners in the word description too. i get from your posts you are trying to avoid all kinds of issues later :P

read too many nasty stories on ebay so i prefer to sell my bags on local websites whereby buyers can meet me in person for COD. they can inspect the bags themselves and after they are satisified, they pay me cash. after the cash transaction, if they regret it, it's too late :P luckily so far, i have sold each time i meet. maybe cos i only wanted to meet at a place that's convenient for me so if they bother to come and meet me, they are serious buyers.

YOU hit the nail RIGHt on the head.... :smile:

It is scary to sell on ebay anymore....

we hear ONLY the tragic tales....

WE NEVER hear about the other million transactions that day that went smoothly..... and where a buyer went BEYOND the call of duty.....

Especially when you are shipping overseas.... You have to be so DILIGENT....

my issue with this one is that YES... it has damage....

BUT, it is still worth a bit of money... and th edamage in NO WAY detract from the beauty of the item....

I have to walk a FINE line of being OVERLY honest... without making my listing
sound as if I am selling junk.....

So, at one point I don't want to go OVERBOARD.... BUT,
I want the potential buyers to see how lovely this really is....
BUT, still know that it will need a little work, if they wanted something that
was in NEW Condition again......

I was selling Louboutins locally for a while....

BUT, as soon as I was with my buyer in person, I get REALLY generous....
and instead of getting what we agreed on for a price... I would end up discounting by 20% to 30%.....

My problem is I'm TOO nice...... :shame:

Although you are allowed to post a link that redirects your potential buyers to a photohosting site, many buyers won't click outside links --- virus threats. So they will either hit the back button and buy from another seller or would rather see pictures embedded into the listing. Plus, it's easier for the buyer when the pics are right there and they don't have to take extra steps to view them.

IMO, you can't have "too many" pictures. Especially with pre-owned items, buyers need to know exactly what to expect. And in the event that you've shown all the flaws, should a buyer file SNAD, you can win that dispute by pointing out your pictures and description that fully disclose them.

As an example of a seller who posts wonderful listings showing every possible view of an item, this seller STILL gets feedbacks from people who haven't looked at all the detailed pictures. (But again, those disputes can be won when the evidence is shown!)

Note that it's not necessary to show this many pictures, but look at this listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UGG-AUSTRAL...848?pt=US_Childrens_Shoes&hash=item4d0999e2f8

Even though I hate the new Photobucket it is still relatively efficient. Yes you may have to resize the photos. But you should be able to put an unlimited number of them in the body of the listing. Once you have edited and saved the photo they offer 4 link choices. Click on the one you need and it should highlight. copy paste into the body of the listing.