What should I get tomorrow?

Experience has taught me that it all really boils down to what your gut tells you when you're peering in the mirror at the store.

I love the portobello, but no amount of thinking and over-thinking on my part was going to change the outcome of the Great Portobello-Speedy B debate of 2012. I looked way hotter in the Speedy B.

And that is how you will know, by their relative hotness values.

I drive all day and have stopped short a few times without disaster for my NFs. I think I instinctively reach out to stop her from coming off the seat....LOL. It's just like that Seinfeld "Ooohh.....I stopped short!".

Anyways, back to the question. To me they are really different bags, the big open tote vs the structured classic Speedy. What is your lifestyle like? I love my NFs, I carry quite a bit, like to be able to easily see and get to my things really easy, I often need to throw in some larger items for work like clipboards, charts, my tablet, water etc., I don't mind the kind of ever evolving shape of the Neverfull.....even when you cinch it, it kind of shifts shape throughout the day. If you keep it cinched most of the time though, that will be the kind of shape it tends to take on for the most part. To me, it is just a much more casual bag, though especially when cinched, it can look more formal, but not as formal as a Speedy.

I think the Empreinte Speedy is really pretty. But it is not a bag I have, or really want or need right now. I think either bag is lovely, so maybe think about what your needs are more immediately. What kind of job do you have, are you in school, have kids, need to carry a bunch of junk around? If so go for the NF and get the Speedy later. Otherwise, get your Speedy, the NF will be around for a long time to come if you decide you want it in the future.

As far as problems with either bag, try not to worry about it. People do post probs with both bags.....I have seen the posts about the DE NF cracking handles, but I have also seen posts about handles cracking on Speedys. If you are unfortunate and have a problem with either bag you will just have to work it out with LV, and there are many knowledgable people on here to help guide you if you need it.

Let us know what you decide!

I find my self reaching out if I have a passenger so no worries ...LOL The opening is a huge deal for me. This is why I wanted to get the speedy B 35 for the wider opening, however I did leave out a few details. I'm actually getting the Speedy B pre-loved and it just so happen to be a 30 which is still okay and will serve it's purpose as a cross body bag for me. Plus It's a great deal that I'll be getting from a friend who offered to hold it for me. On the other hand I love the fact that the Neverfull is so casual and my things are easily accessible. My life style definitely warrants simplicity having children. I think your advice has been most helpful, I have read a few of your other posts and think your very knowledgeable as well. I think I will hold off on the Neverfull for now since I still love and frequently use my Cabas Beaubourg. Thanks so much :salute:

Experience has taught me that it all really boils down to what your gut tells you when you're peering in the mirror at the store.

I love the portobello, but no amount of thinking and over-thinking on my part was going to change the outcome of the Great Portobello-Speedy B debate of 2012. I looked way hotter in the Speedy B.

And that is how you will know, by their relative hotness values.

I agree, I guess only time and the mirror will tell...lol Thanks!

I find my self reaching out if I have a passenger so no worries ...LOL The opening is a huge deal for me. This is why I wanted to get the speedy B 35 for the wider opening, however I did leave out a few details. I'm actually getting the Speedy B pre-loved and it just so happen to be a 30 which is still okay and will serve it's purpose as a cross body bag for me. Plus It's a great deal that I'll be getting from a friend who offered to hold it for me. On the other hand I love the fact that the Neverfull is so casual and my things are easily accessible. My life style definitely warrants simplicity having children. I think your advice has been most helpful, I have read a few of your other posts and think your very knowledgeable as well. I think I will hold off on the Neverfull for now since I still love and frequently use my Cabas Beaubourg. Thanks so much :salute:

Wow. Thanks for the compliment. I am totally new to LV, so I am surprised you found my post helpful at all....lol

Be sure and post pics of your new girl :biggrin: