I've got a too much sun brain..

Tinker-Belle

May 31, 2007
So much so I'm thinking of returning the Azur speedy I bought here yesterday for the Artsy Empreinte in Aube...I love the Artsy in Azur but it would get filthy in no time.

I need a new workhorse what say you all, yay or nay?

I love my empreinte speedy, it was my first empreiente piece and now I have a Lumi too...I really don't think you'd go wrong with either piece but the aube is gorgeous...

Last edited:
I always prefer leather!

I've had an azur speedy for 3.5 years - no issues. This terror associated with azur is really blown out of proportion. Anyone on this forum cares about their handbags more than the average bear. People will site to eBay azur tragedies as if that is the norm. If that were the case, no would ever buy a mono bag or Vernis either as they are trashed just as badly.

So I've had the Artsy in Infini put back until tomorrow...I'm in 2 minds, it's a sturdy bag and I think it will age well I'm not sure of the colour but they only had Earth or Infini.

I have mono, DE and empreinte bags and slg's but I have concerns about ruining Azur items and have read about issues of color transfer which is why I am nervous to try Azur. I do not consider this blowing it out of proportion at all......
Good luck with your decision OP!

I have mono, DE and empreinte bags and slg's but I have concerns about ruining Azur items and have read about issues of color transfer which is why I am nervous to try Azur. I do not consider this blowing it out of proportion at all......
Good luck with your decision OP!

I guess I mean that Azur is no more susceptible to color transfer than any other lightly colored item. People make it sound like it has an intrinsic magic power to literally suck pigment out of jeans like a magnet. With a level of care that would be associated with any other valuable item, there is not nearly as much of an issue as it is made out to be. Maybe it would not be a be a big deal to have denim transfer on a T-shirt but I care about some of my clothes more than my Speedy. I simply make sure the denim has been washed a few times, rub a white towel on it and have a practice run with a white T-shirt before reaching for the vernis, azur or Beige Clair GST as well those few pieces of lightly colored designer clothing that I have. Don't be afraid of Azur - it is lovely and not nearly the hassle as the legends suggest.

I guess I mean that Azur is no more susceptible to color transfer than any other lightly colored item. People make it sound like it has an intrinsic magic power to literally suck pigment out of jeans like a magnet. With a level of care that would be associated with any other valuable item, there is not nearly as much of an issue as it is made out to be. Maybe it would not be a be a big deal to have denim transfer on a T-shirt but I care about some of my clothes more than my Speedy. I simply make sure the denim has been washed a few times, rub a white towel on it and have a practice run with a white T-shirt before reaching for the vernis, azur or Beige Clair GST as well those few pieces of lightly colored designer clothing that I have. Don't be afraid of Azur - it is lovely and not nearly the hassle as the legends suggest.

well said!!

:yahoo: i own 3 azur pieces. And love them. Ive spotted color transfer on mono bags and even Vachetta will and could get color transfer to jeans. An thank goodness we can get the vachetta exchanged also for the pre LVoed an or mishaps we may have. Azur is beautiful and will bring life to any collection:biggrin::yes: