What should I get tomorrow?

cweetie

O.G.
May 7, 2011
I thought I was going to get the Speedy B 30 for sure but now find myself thinking of the Neverfull MM in DE or searching for other bags instead. I still like the Speedy but love the Neverfull for it's simplicity plus it's not too common where I live, neither is the speedy. I know the Neverfull has issues and this is why I haven't gotten this bag as of yet, but i'm also worried that the corners of the speedy will get scuffed at some point. So what should I do?

1) Speedy B 30 DE 0r

2)Neverfull MM DE and the Emilie Wallet in Rouge or

3) Get the Speedy now and get the Neverfull and Emilie later

Thanks everyone and Happy Valentines Day!!!

That is a tough one. I am a Speedy 30 gal. I do own the NF (but my neighbor does and she loves hers- mono MM). I love my speedy andit's classic styling, so I say Speedy. Good luck, I don't think there is a wrong answer.

No wrong answer here, but.............I do not own a neverfull because of the no zipper issue. Nothing worse than having to stop short in the car and all your stuff falls on the floor. Makes me crazy. Also the cracking straps is a total deal breaker for me. So with that said I am a true Speedy B Girl!! I love the shoulder carry option. Plus I feel so chic carrying it by hand. Good luck deciding!!

No wrong answer here, but.............I do not own a neverfull because of the no zipper issue. Nothing worse than having to stop short in the car and all your stuff falls on the floor. Makes me crazy. Also the cracking straps is a total deal breaker for me. So with that said I am a true Speedy B Girl!! I love the shoulder carry option. Plus I feel so chic carrying it by hand. Good luck deciding!!

Lol... never thought about that happening! I did just notice that I've been watching and loving your Youtube videos all this time. How do you like your Empreinte Speedy B? I just have one on my avatar because it's my dream bag... Do you think one could be content with the Canvas Speedy B since I already have the Empreinte Artsy?! Or should I make the Emp Speedy my one and only LV bag this year? Serious ban for me after that.

Thanks so much for your support on Youtube. I love love my Empreinte Speedy B. It is the best bag ever. I do think you could be content with the canvas. But if you do get the canvas I would get the DE. Reason is the care free. That is why I went for the leather. I love the artsy also. I just can't say enough about the Empreinte Speedy!! Not to mention the price increase. :woohoo::woot::loveeyes::love:

Lol... never thought about that happening! I did just notice that I've been watching and loving your Youtube videos all this time. How do you like your Empreinte Speedy B? I just have one on my avatar because it's my dream bag... Do you think one could be content with the Canvas Speedy B since I already have the Empreinte Artsy?! Or should I make the Emp Speedy my one and only LV bag this year? Serious ban for me after that.

I drive all day and have stopped short a few times without disaster for my NFs. I think I instinctively reach out to stop her from coming off the seat....LOL. It's just like that Seinfeld "Ooohh.....I stopped short!".

Anyways, back to the question. To me they are really different bags, the big open tote vs the structured classic Speedy. What is your lifestyle like? I love my NFs, I carry quite a bit, like to be able to easily see and get to my things really easy, I often need to throw in some larger items for work like clipboards, charts, my tablet, water etc., I don't mind the kind of ever evolving shape of the Neverfull.....even when you cinch it, it kind of shifts shape throughout the day. If you keep it cinched most of the time though, that will be the kind of shape it tends to take on for the most part. To me, it is just a much more casual bag, though especially when cinched, it can look more formal, but not as formal as a Speedy.

I think the Empreinte Speedy is really pretty. But it is not a bag I have, or really want or need right now. I think either bag is lovely, so maybe think about what your needs are more immediately. What kind of job do you have, are you in school, have kids, need to carry a bunch of junk around? If so go for the NF and get the Speedy later. Otherwise, get your Speedy, the NF will be around for a long time to come if you decide you want it in the future.

As far as problems with either bag, try not to worry about it. People do post probs with both bags.....I have seen the posts about the DE NF cracking handles, but I have also seen posts about handles cracking on Speedys. If you are unfortunate and have a problem with either bag you will just have to work it out with LV, and there are many knowledgable people on here to help guide you if you need it.

Let us know what you decide!

Thanks so much for your support on Youtube. I love love my Empreinte Speedy B. It is the best bag ever. I do think you could be content with the canvas. But if you do get the canvas I would get the DE. Reason is the care free. That is why I went for the leather. I love the artsy also. I just can't say enough about the Empreinte Speedy!! Not to mention the price increase. :woohoo::woot::loveeyes::love:

Thanks so much!!! I hope to see your review on the Empreinte Speedy in the near future... I have to admit that I'm the lazy user who just gets on to watch videos, but I would love to see a review and I'll definitely be sure to subscribe... Thanks again!