Which to choose- new Metis or Artsy??? Please help!

la6

O.G.
Sep 4, 2008
I just got a new job so I want to reward myself with a new bag. This will probably be my only "big" handbag purchase this year, so I need some opinions & advice. I am trying to decide between the new Metis hobo, or Artsy mono. I like how the Metis is versatile with the longer straps, and it looks comfortable to carry. However, the Artsy is just beautiful, IMO :hbeat:Which would you choose and why??? :confused1:

I'm on the minority as I do not really care for the artsy. It's very pretty but it's not comfortable to me and they say its not a shoulder bag which explains why it sits so close to the armpit (super pet peeve of mine). I just love the métis in empreinte. I think it will be stunning and much more professional looking. Congrats on the job!

Aesthetically I like the Artsy over the Metis Hobo...

I just don't like the pocket thing in front of the Metis, otherwise I would pick it over the Artsy...but if you like it & would get use out of it then it might be the better choice.

Do you already have a Delightful? It's a really beautiful & very comfy to carry bag.

Neither. I'd get the Sully if I were you. The Artsy is really uncomfortable IMO and not considered a shoulder bag and the Metis looks odd to me. Maybe if the hardware were different but as it is I dislike it. So I'd get the Sully!

I own both. They both sit close up under the arm. Both handles are comfortable (IMO). The Artsy is bulkier when loaded, but it has more interior room than the Metis. The Metis molds closer to the body and has the option of a longer strap. The Metis mouth opening is smaller than the Artsy and it can be more difficult to find things inside because of the narrow opening and the dark interior. Personally, I find the front pocket to be beautiful. The Interior pocket and the front pocket are large enough to hold a full size zippy. I think they are both beautiful bags. Despite the cons of the Metis, I give the edge to it over the Artsy. JMO. Good luck with your decision and Congrats!

I'm on the minority as I do not really care for the artsy. It's very pretty but it's not comfortable to me and they say its not a shoulder bag which explains why it sits so close to the armpit (super pet peeve of mine). I just love the métis in empreinte. I think it will be stunning and much more professional looking. Congrats on the job!

Yes, I am a bit worried about the Artsy strap length and having it sitting right under the arm- it seems people are divided on this, some think it's comfortable and others don't like it. I haven't seen the Metis in empreinte yet, I will search for it now! Thanks!

Artsy for me definitely! I just recently bought one and love it to bits.

Congrats!! Did you get the Mono or Azur??

Aesthetically I like the Artsy over the Metis Hobo...

I just don't like the pocket thing in front of the Metis, otherwise I would pick it over the Artsy...but if you like it & would get use out of it then it might be the better choice.

Do you already have a Delightful? It's a really beautiful & very comfy to carry bag.

No, I don't have the Delightful.... not sure why, but I was never interested in it before.... maybe because the opening seems wide to me? However I will definitely take a second look! :smile:

Neither. I'd get the Sully if I were you. The Artsy is really uncomfortable IMO and not considered a shoulder bag and the Metis looks odd to me. Maybe if the hardware were different but as it is I dislike it. So I'd get the Sully!

Ah I did consider the Sully as well, but this is one I'd have to see in real life to decide.... it looks a bit plain, to me, but the strap definitely looks comfortable!

I own both. They both sit close up under the arm. Both handles are comfortable (IMO). The Artsy is bulkier when loaded, but it has more interior room than the Metis. The Metis molds closer to the body and has the option of a longer strap. The Metis mouth opening is smaller than the Artsy and it can be more difficult to find things inside because of the narrow opening and the dark interior. Personally, I find the front pocket to be beautiful. The Interior pocket and the front pocket are large enough to hold a full size zippy. I think they are both beautiful bags. Despite the cons of the Metis, I give the edge to it over the Artsy. JMO. Good luck with your decision and Congrats!

I actually like the front pocket on the Metis as well. Do you find that the shorter handle stays on the shoulder well, or does it slip off? Thank you!! :smile:

just wanted to chime in and say bjtaylor02 your youtube videos are so helpful! thanks for taking the time to post them. the details and opinions you provide really help those of us who don't get to see these bags in person before ordering.

Artsy is a gorgeous and comfortable bag. I have it in mono and have no issues with it sitting right under my arm. I feel more secure with it that way since it does not have a top closure. I think the Artsy is just as professional looking as the Metis...